TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

The park has now set up a time lapse camera to show the progress of the new roller coaster.

Batman Adventure The Ride 2 is closing on the 15th of October permanently according to the website 'to make way for an exciting new attraction' http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Attractions/Attractions-Maintenance.aspx it kind of comes out of no where, and means to the 2 dark family rides at the park are now gone with Looney Tunes already gone and no sign yet of its replacement. For those not familiar with the park BATR2 was a simulator, however with what the park has and is doing I have faith that we will see a great replacement; no doubt still something to do with DC comics since that seems to be the theme of the front of the park. With all this updating of the park, maybe we will get to see Lethal Weapon get an update with trains thats won't give you painful headache each rides?

Still on Movie World the park is starting their Halloween 'Fright Nights' this weekend and its looking pretty cool by the sound of things; which is a pretty cool thing since Halloween isn't anywhere near as big here as it is in America.

Hopefully the lap bars will still keep the height restriction down. One of the things that makes the S&S two-part restraint system great is that 48" kids can ride those rides.

I was at the park today and if the signs up around the place are anything to go by, it will indeed have 4 across riders, 2 rows per car. I have taken a couple of pics here for you to see, although I am sorry about the quality as I forgot my camera and had to use my phone.

Will post some new pics next weekend after our next park visit.456576421_Picture033.thumb.jpg.a80242207563a01fa646680725490728.jpg

The add seems to give away it is a 4 across, 2 row seating car.

1090239770_Picture021.thumb.jpg.f3b4a8ef99526e2c78d0fbda61d3bff7.jpg

A lot of these supports have gone up since monday when we drove past...it is going vertical very fast.

1777948988_Picture015.thumb.jpg.dceee6ed8ee47f897d758bc55b0dd792.jpg

A nice wide lift hill for a 4 across seating car....I think i have said 4 across enough now.

1161832246_Picture024.thumb.jpg.019f4a71c108b4a25f419f84e6357f47.jpg

Lots more curvy track pieces to come....

If gossip from the park staff is anything to go by, the Looney Toons River Ride and the Batman2 rides will both be replaced with new rides by the end of next year, so fingers crossed for something good to happen there.

Till next week.

What is interesting is the graphic shows no brakes on the drop. Hopefully, this dream of a brakeless El Loco will come true. It looks like S&S is adressing all of the problems I have heard about these things, and, hopefully, it will have NO BRAKES!

^I have to agree with you on that one...just look at Takabisha, as well as all other El Loco models...they all have brakes before the drops. Just wait a few days and maybe by then they'll have the lift & drop partially done. Even if the trim doesn't go on immediately, you'll be able to tell whether or not one will go in place...

Why are trims on that drop such a bad thing? If El Locos didn't have trims over their drops, you wouldn't be feeling airtime - you'd be feeling PAIN.

Why are trims on that drop such a bad thing? If El Locos didn't have trims over their drops, you wouldn't be feeling airtime - you'd be feeling PAIN.

Agreed. Even with lapbar trains, without the brakes, that drop would be incredibly painful especially in the nether regions...

If you were not absolutely stapled....owowowowowowow...

As I said in my original post I am not the biggest fan of Mumbo Jumbo, I found it smooth but incredibly dull... I found the drop to be really tame, and that outward bank curve just seemed pointless, I really wanted it to be good but it is what S&S describe it as, a family thrill coaster. The first drop would be way better without trims IMO, it wasn't the OH S__T moment that Robb had me believe but instead an OH THAT WAS A BIT S__T moment. (End Rant)

it wasn't the OH S__T moment that Robb had me believe but instead an OH THAT WAS A BIT S__T moment. (End Rant)

What???? When did I ever "make you believe" this? I don't think I've ever talked to you. Do not ever put words in my mouth again. Thank you.

--Robb "Who really likes Mumbo Jumbo!" Alvey

With this being a taller ride though will t be more on the thrill ride end than the family thrill end??

It looks like since my last post my wish for new trains have come through, Lethal Weapon is getting new trains, by the looks of things they're KumbaK trains... I don't live on the Gold Coast anymore so I can't get pictures but there are pictures on one of the Australian sites, not sure if I can post a link though?!?! They seem to have a lap-bar vest thing going on, similar to Vekomas new designs.

So it seems the whole park is getting a refresh at the moment, the Bat Shop at the front is also now opened bigger and is now DC Comics, obviously preparing to link itself up for when Green lantern opens!

it wasn't the OH S__T moment that Robb had me believe but instead an OH THAT WAS A BIT S__T moment. (End Rant)

What???? When did I ever "make you believe" this? I don't think I've ever talked to you. Do not ever put words in my mouth again. Thank you.

--Robb "Who really likes Mumbo Jumbo!" Alvey

On one of your of you trip reports to Flamingo Land:

This always give you that OH S$1T!!! moment.

It is a good coaster but not as good as expected. I suppose I couldn't really enjoy it because the ride ops pushed down my restraint really hard and we had been waiting over an hour for it since they were only operating two cars dispatching once every one and a half minutes...

Here's the link from parkz.com.au -

CLICK!

I wonder why they went with KumbaK trains as opposed to the new Vekoma trains. There are also some great photos of Green Lantern construction.

Here's the link from parkz.com.au -

I wonder why they went with KumbaK trains as opposed to the new Vekoma trains.

Most likley cheaper i guess. I think Morey's Piers paid well over a million dollar for the new trains on Great Nor'Easter.

On one of your of you trip reports to Flamingo Land:

Yeah, sorry, pal, I wasn't speaking to you directly. That's fine if you thought the ride sucks, don't get telling me my opinion is "wrong" or that I made you "believe" something. If you go taking everything you read on the internet as 100% total fact, then you're just proving yourself once again you're a huge idiot....or "DumbTubs" like your member title suggests.

^ Sorry if you read it as me telling you your opinion is wrong, I was just trying to say I personally did not find the drop to be as awesome as I expected, you have ridden many coasters and I agree with pretty much all of your views on coasters. Also of course I don't read everything on the internet as 100% fact...