Roller Coaster stuck in China

With a video showing the recovery
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Turtle Maker

Roller Coaster stuck in China

Postby eBen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:57 am

There are a few reports coming through that a roller coaster got stuck upsidedown somewhere in eastern China.

The train balanced itself upsidedown in loop and they used ropes and a very brave man to get the train moving. there is a video in the link below.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-21/rescuers-free-trapped-rollercoaster-riders/2910306

All the news sites seam to have similar information, does anyone recognise this ride?

This does not put me off next years China's trip, in fact I want the flyers released to the masses all the more!
((53 + 112 + 17 + 24 + Scandi + Mid America + North East + China so far + other = >4??) - (powered = bah + humbug)) = Happy Fun Time

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Roller Coaster stuck in China

Postby XYZ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:11 am

There was an error on that video, so it didn't play but I found it on youtube:

YouTube Videolink

:lmao:
3/17/14: New Update for PLAYLAND PARK (RCT2)! New coasters, new rides, and much more!
1:El Toro, 2:Xcelerator, 3:Gold Striker, 4:Manta (SD), 5:El Loco (Vegas), 6:Montezooma, 7:YOLOcoaster, 8:Kingda Ka, 9:Bizarro (GA), 10:X2
What a season pass?? Record for Manta (SD) Marathon: 12 in a row (2/8/14) 'Cuda Falls Soliloquy!!!!!!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby KickTheSky » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:30 am

Wow! That's incredible. They way they did it seems so, well, not high tech! Wonder if anyone ended up being truly injured?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby DougMJr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 am

Holy s#!%, the guy that climbed up that rickety a$$ ladder to attach the rope had some balls.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 am

Looks like another one of those awesome Chinese made Shuttle Loops.

We rode similar ones all over the country and pretty much always feared for our lives. Especially on the one where you could feel the train not have enough momentum to go through the loop and fall onto it's upstops!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:21 am

^Oh well, at least the bullet trains are safe in China.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 am

^Funny story, we WERE considering a bullet train trip on the China Tour...not so much now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:54 pm

That's what happens when you rip off Schwarzkopf. ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:59 pm

^ Agreed, now they are cursed forever and the ghost of Greezed Lightnin' will haunt them! :devil:
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby simon8899 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 pm

They build this "Rollercoaster made in China" all over there and I always wondered about the obvious Arrow trackdesign with Schwarzkopf-designed loops.... ;)

As they tugged the ride free it rolled down quite smoothly so my uneducated guess would smothing broke of the wheel-assembly and it got stuck inside it - and with a hard tug the shrapnel got free....

Well at least the restraints seem to be working properly. After seeing the part with the firefighter-truck sinking in I don't think some western parks are also not prepared for that as some looping coasters are built within the green and sometimes even over water....
Steel: 124 - Water: 5 - Wood:17 - Total: 146
Opting for a Vekoma instead of a Schwarzkopf in the 70s and 80s - That's beyond my capacity!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!