TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster stuck in China

There are a few reports coming through that a roller coaster got stuck upsidedown somewhere in eastern China.

The train balanced itself upsidedown in loop and they used ropes and a very brave man to get the train moving. there is a video in the link below.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-21/rescuers-free-trapped-rollercoaster-riders/2910306

All the news sites seam to have similar information, does anyone recognise this ride?

This does not put me off next years China's trip, in fact I want the flyers released to the masses all the more!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like another one of those awesome Chinese made Shuttle Loops.

We rode similar ones all over the country and pretty much always feared for our lives. Especially on the one where you could feel the train not have enough momentum to go through the loop and fall onto it's upstops!!!!

They build this "Rollercoaster made in China" all over there and I always wondered about the obvious Arrow trackdesign with Schwarzkopf-designed loops....

As they tugged the ride free it rolled down quite smoothly so my uneducated guess would smothing broke of the wheel-assembly and it got stuck inside it - and with a hard tug the shrapnel got free....

Well at least the restraints seem to be working properly. After seeing the part with the firefighter-truck sinking in I don't think some western parks are also not prepared for that as some looping coasters are built within the green and sometimes even over water....

No, but there are always enough Chinese around to brute force anything over there.

This is a clone of one R&E just posted a video on FB of. As I watched it, I said to myself, "I think I'd skip that credit". Especially with the upstop drop Elissa mentioned.

-R

• 4 weeks later...