TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I highly doubt we will be seeing a new coaster for 2012, but maybe they will surprise us. But like was mentioned, there is NO signs of any work being done anywhere. As for SOB receiving the rocky topper track... I'm not interested. The layout of SOB is completely uninspired and boring and even more so without the loop; I don't think giving it the NTAG treatment will save it. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say I'd much rather see a new woodie on the site.

The general consensus seems to be that it is 3 smaller things, referring to the 3 question marks in both graphics. But at this point there appears to be no evidence pointing to anything at all... so it's all guessing.

I know this is off topic, but I was reviewing the 2010 park attendances and it said that Kings Island actually had more visitors than Cedar Point for last year. I just thought that was interesting for some reason. I guess it's just whenever I go to Cedar Point (which is often) it can get pretty busy at times. Whenever I go to Kings Island (which is once a year for a few days) the park seems to not be very crowded.

Has there been any talk about haunting the Dinosaurs Alive area for Haunt?

As Piers and I walked through the area we thought it would just be an awesome area for a Halloween event.

They have an attraction that uses the train to go through that area pretty much. Tombstone Terror.

Has there been any talk about haunting the Dinosaurs Alive area for Haunt?

As Piers and I walked through the area we thought it would just be an awesome area for a Halloween event.

Kings Island actually tweeted this the other day.

PHOTO: This is going to be so much fun for kids and families this fall at #KingsIsland. http://twitpic.com/6dqfua
Link

KIdino.jpg.9063693c79e057061b3ea60198f5a483.jpg

Trick or treating!

Kings Island tweeted this about an hour ago.

We will announce a major new attraction for our 40th anniversary season in 2012 tomorrow at 2:00pm at the park.

It'll be interesting to see how "major" this will be considering how little they have hyped it up.

I remember there being quite a bit of hype before Diamondback was announced (but then I lived 45 minutes from the park at the time so the area itself was hyped.) Compared to that, this years announcement seems almost like a non-event. A waterpark expansion, maybe a new flat ride and show, is really all I'm expecting. But then, maybe they are playing down expectations so they can really surprise us. My expectations are not very high, but my hopes are a little

I'm going to say:

-New Haunt Mazes

-Something with SOB

-Waterpark revamp

Who knows! The first picture below...is interesting. You can see flat land behind the guy; and not many places in Kings Island are just green, flat pieces of land.

THERE HAVE been recent reports of bright white track just north of the park on I-75. And survey markers/bulldozers outside of Boomerang Bay's parking long/grassy area.

http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/29047264/detail.html

300833_10150418732788368_155893938367_10718262_2903979_n.jpg.7f244ec05f33a0b5b3772e7a7b025c7a.jpg

HMMMM

308116_10150414238998368_155893938367_10668494_2020888_n.jpg.874ebb4a07885f38de9a9cba651e666d.jpg

3 things?

I would be shocked if they announced something for SoB other then it's demolition. It's cost Cedar Fair so much money already(fixes and lawsuits) and throwing another few million at it to fix it up might just be too much for them to be willing to do.

As for someone saying they saw track along I-75, I'm curious where they saw it. I drive from exit 74 to 15 daily for work and have seen nothing. Coming from the north the most commonly used exit is 29, so it's most likely be north of that if someone claimed it was north of the park on 75. I also drove by the B&M plant yesterday outside Cincy and didn't see anything other then the blue track that has been there for many many months now.

Wishful thinking here.

I would like for the Thunder Alley go-carts to be taken out to make more room for a replacement of Son of Beast. The oval track is pointless IMO.

I'm excited to see what my faux home park will be getting next year!

1 hour and 40 mins!

Wishful thinking here.

I would like for the Thunder Alley go-carts to be taken out to make more room for a replacement of Son of Beast. The oval track is pointless IMO.

I'm excited to see what my faux home park will be getting next year!

1 hour and 40 mins!

The Thunder Alley go-carts? From what I remember when being in that part of the park the go-karts are kind of far from the coaster, aren't they?

It's Soak City now. New name. They're going to double the size of the waterpark.

-New Wavepool

-New crazy high entertainment anti lazy river.

-New pavement. New grass. New trees.

-Amenities. Bathrooms.

-SHADE?!

-Cabanas with TVs.

-Sand Volleyball courts.

That's it. Yeah I'm not getting a pass. Two years in a row now. Dissapointed.

Because it can look nice, but their slides are still crap. The Tornado will always have a HUGE line. The matracers is only 4 lanes. Those are the 2004 additions. Every other slide is from the 80's or 90's I believe.

40th anniversary. Sigh.

Edited by PKI Jizzman

The GP is flippin' the tits out on their Facebook right now. I feel like this is a necessary and wise addition on KI's part. Infrastructure is needed, and after Valleyfair got that treatment, their Soak City is now thriving & doing very well. Hush hush little fanboys, it'll be okay.