Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 933. Park announces 2015 restorations for SFGA
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Great America (SFGam) Discussion Thread!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:48 am

JamesMC wrote:Yay for leaked L.A. Times articles..... :br

I'm not saying that we couldn't use a ZacSpin in the future but not right now. I think one would be appropriate in 2013 in the Iron Wolf Area.....

However, we need a "major" new addition with some real capacity/hour.

If the news tomorrow says we are getting a ZacSpin, I will applaud SFGAM, but with the sound of One Hand Clapping.... (and I have included the audio of this as a background to this very message....can ya hear it?)

Go Wing Rider!

Please, please please let Wing Rider be true....... :b

It was already proven to be a Wing Rider on page 224! It's called X-Flight

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:11 am

I'm still very excited to see the rest of the announcement! Should be a great coaster addition to the park, and it really looks like 2012 will be a nice year of additions to the Six Flags parks! :b

EDIT: Just watched the Six Flags announcement video with some footage of the coaster! Looks awesome! The station looks plain, but there was some theming that will interact with the trains!

nathan c stark is a bunghole

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby AndCamSS » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:43 am

The announcement is up now!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hhappy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 am

Revolutionary Wing Coaster Coming to
Six Flags Great America in 2012

First Theme Park in the U.S. to Announce Plans to Build State-of-the-Art Wing Coaster

Gurnee, Ill. (September 1, 2011) – Get ready to take flight! Six Flags Great America announces plans to add a state-of-the-art roller coaster for the 2012 season. X-Flight is a ground-breaking wing coaster featuring cutting-edge technology. The Gurnee theme park is the first to announce plans for a wing coaster in the U.S.

X-Flight will take riders on a flight that defies gravity, with no track above or below them. Riders sit in pairs, suspended on either side of the track with their feet dangling, as they begin their climb up a 12-story plunge launching them into speeds of 55mph through 3,000 feet of intense drops and five inversions, including a barrel roll and zero-g roll. One of the most adrenaline-pumping moments on the ride is an extreme fly-through where the coaster speeds straight toward a structure, before making a last-minute vertical flip to fit through a keyhole cut-out.

“Six Flags Great America has a long history of introducing legendary rides and first-of-its-kind roller coasters,” said Hank Salemi, Six Flags Great America Park President. “What makes
X-Flight so unique is soaring through 3,000 feet of high-speed drops, loops and turns, with nothing above or below you. The coaster’s train actually looks like a plane with seats suspended on either side of the track. It’s like nothing you have ever experienced before. We are thrilled to bring this revolutionary wing coaster to our guests for the 2012 season.”

X-Flight is designed by acclaimed Swiss manufacturer Bolliger & Mabillard, who also designed Six Flags Great America favorites: Raging Bull, SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight and BATMAN: The Ride. The wing coaster will make its home in the County Fair section of the park. Construction begins this Fall. X-Flight is scheduled to open Spring of 2012.

Six Flags Great America is located between Chicago and Milwaukee and offers fun for the entire family with 14 heart-pounding roller coasters, a free 20-acre water park, spectacular shows, a nighttime illuminated parade and three children’s themed areas. Soar on X-Flight all season long with a 2012 Season Pass, now on sale for $64.99 for four or more. Buy now and get a
2012 Season Parking Pass free. Sale ends October 30, 2011.

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/x-flight/

YouTube Videolink
X-Flight01_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight02_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight03_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight04_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight05_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight06_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
X-Flight07_300dpi_8x10.jpg
Viewed 19999 times
319281_10150273111076356_10583866355_8152953_647723_n.jpg
Viewed 17620 times
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 am.
I'm dutch.. not much i can do about that
My coasters/parks and other stuff photo's

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby schotj » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:58 am

This looks like an awesome coaster. I'm digging the keyhole effect! Great coaster to add to your collection. Six Flags looooves investing in B&M's haha

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:14 am

Yes!!! Totally worth the wait, 5 inversions?!? Sweet, glad SFGAM is getting something unique! I'll be there opening day to ride it. The Fly-Through looks sick!

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:18 am

I'm really liking the layout now! Glad to see the park getting something so cool!

Now we begin to stalk the park for pictures of track arriving :b

nathan c stark is a bunghole

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby joco07 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 am

Wow, I think Six Flags is making a lot of GREAT coasters this year! I love the theme!
Top 5 Coasters:
New Texas Giant (SFOT), Mr.Freeze Reverse Blast (SFOT), Kumba (BGT), Goliath (SFOG), Shockwave (SFOT)[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/aed34624bcd94c7d3dce8a619f997518.jpg[/img][/url]

DumbTums

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:29 am

Does anyone else think that the immelman looks too small in comparison to the first drop. It definitely looks like B&M were high when designing this coaster. I'm also glad it isn't an exact clone of Swarm.

Blake Griffin Is Dreamy

Postby GriffyTiffy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:35 am

I love everything about it! So excited! It's about time we get a new major thrill coaster!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!