TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: A Wet, Wild Weekend in Pennsylvania

Chuck, I can't believe you skipped the Log Flume. My wife and I got a nice pop of air at the bottom of the drop. We actually went back on again laughing all the way into the station because of it. It was amazing! BTW, nice photos and please read the signs entering the park......buses to the left LOL!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah, I was even planning on riding Coal Cracker this trip, but my group just never got around to it before the thunderstorms hit. I was confused by that parking lot the last time I was there, too. It was pretty freaky last Sunday when all the parking-lot lights went out just before I got to my car.

Edited by cfc

^I like Superdooperlooper well enough, but didn't get any pictures of it this trip--had a partcularly good night ride on it (and on Great Bear, too). It's not my favorite Schwartzkopf (that would be Mindbender at SFOG) but it's fun.

It was nice to meet you at Sooperdooperlooper that evening. Looks like the backstage tour was great and I thought I remember hearing that they still had the old Sidewinder train.

By the way, it's actually a 5-phase plan.

^Thanks--I fixed the "phase" stuff. I know that we experienced at least a "phase 1" at some point, because an op at Lightning Racer announced it over the PA. I guess I wouldn't want to be there during "phase 5."

Edited by cfc

Did they mention anything about flying turns progress?

Not that I know of, but they do have an "update" TV monitor over the ride entrance that runs a POV of a test run (I think the POV is available on You Tube, as well).

^The Black Diamond tour was definitely a highlight of the weekend, as was the Phoenix ERT (what a great ride). I'm a big fan of dark rides, so having a dark ride/coaster combination is win-win for me.

Edited by cfc

More great stuff and I love the baby-blue SkyRush bits and pieces. And you can never get enough Lightning Racer shots... awesome from every angle.

So, would the B and S that are the "only difference" between Obama and Osama stand for "Bang!" and "Splash!" ?

Chuck, that wasn't your car we saw Sunday morning that had knocked down one of the metal parking divider columns, run off the road, crashed into a bush/tree and started smoking, was it? Whoever that was seemed a bit confused about parking, as well.

I thought the five-tiered weather watch system went from phases 0 to 4; the guide with the first group even made a joke about how confusing it was because they didn't start with 1. I'm fairly sure we hit 4 briefly at one point during the second storm; I hid out in the cue for Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge, and one of the crew there referenced it right before they announced the ride was shutting down temporarily.

Nice report so far. I especially enjoyed the Black Diamond tour.

Cool stuff Chuck. I can only imagine what crazy directions the GPS was giving you in Pennsylvania because of the detours. I got lost in Pittsburgh the other day I couldn't go southbound on a bridge. I swear whenever I drove across the border into West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia to get to Williamsburg it seemed PA roads are light years behind when it comes to highways.