TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^Seatbelts are there for a reason. Calling for them to be cut out (i.e. cutting out safety parameters) in favor of faster dispatch times isn't sensible.

Indeed not -- but are the belts actually required with the GCI restraint design?

I don't know the answer to the above, but I point the reader towards the many coasters out there that run with lap bars only.

This is precisely my point is there any reason that they need to be there? There are loads of other wood coasters without seat belts. Knoebels cut the seat belts out, so why couldn't Europa Park? Is a park like Europa Park really going to allow something that will slow up the boarding process? I think not, I mean none of their other coasters have seat belts.

The TUV in Germany are very very Strict !!!

But we are talking about the park that dispatches coasters without checking restraints as they trust their engineering to ensure you are safe. As mentioned, none of their coasters have seatbelts, and if you have an accident, you are responsible. Love the German way..

Will be very interesting to see how they do this.

And the stats says it'll cross two other roller coasters so I would guess the location will be somewhere between Blue Fire and Atlantica.

Google Maps

Ah it's great to be able to follow another 2012 project!

Only problem is that is an old satellite picture - that gap you highlight is where the splash ride Whale adventures in Iceland zone got put. Would not think they would put a coaster on top of it and not sure if enough room left there you could get in a station and storage.

Maybe at back of Greece - then silverstar and another (posieden or pegasus) would be close enough to be the two it goes by ?

I think the theme of the ride (Nordic Gods) would put it going into the Icelandic section of the park. The splash battle and kid's stuff I believe only take up about half of the land in that satellite pic. Europa has probably planned these last four additions to Iceland in order to fit all of these attractions, including the new woodie on the back side traveling near Blue Fire and Atlantica.

^ Mid-course probably. Heck, maybe even some kind of pre-lift dark ride section. If any park can keep the lines down, they can.

Anyways, so Europa Park continues to further distance itself from any "competition" it may have had in the theme park world. Just when I thought the world's best theme park couldn't get any more awesome, they add what will probably be yet another excellent coaster. It's almost overkill.

EDIT: Also, judging from the announced stats, this sounds like it'll be second only to Mountain Flyer at Knight Valley for GCI's tallest and fastest design, and about even in length with their other big coasters. That's assuming google didn't trick me at the conversions...

It's only 10 meters longer than Troy and about the same height. Makes me wonder where they go the extra 10 kph from.

^

Anyways, so Europa Park continues to further distance itself from any "competition" it may have had in the theme park world. Just when I thought the world's best theme park couldn't get any more awesome, they add what will probably be yet another excellent coaster. It's almost overkill.

This is exactly what I thought regarding the other german parks !!!

I mean...that`s the way business works...the stronger survive. But even before announcing this it was a good step ahead of the competition...in germany definively...in Europe / the world...I don`t know...cause I`m not experienced enough to have an opinion about that.

But...now I ask myself...if they`re doing a good job on the Coaster...well, is there any other Park out there that offers so beautiful Landscaping, sooooo elaborated Themeing AND such a huge Collection of (good/excellent) Coasters at the same time (let alone the excellent food /variety of food and the reasonable pricing ) ???

Im short, not really. There are parks with good shows, parks with more coasters, parks with great lanscaping. But very few parks combine all these together in such a quality package as Europa-Park.

Europa-Park is family owned and run, and they only have themselves to answer to. There isn't a corporation asking them to make guests spend more. They let the product sell itself. There's no pesky fastrack being advertised left, right and centre because, welll... they don't do fastrack. They just do high throughputs which ultimately benefits all guests. There aren't adverts and banners everywhere trying to sell you something you don't want, there aren't inappropriate sponsorships on rides. Admission to the park is €36 and they don't rely on cheap offers or discounts, everyone pays the same (reasonable) price. Multi day tickets don't offer much by way of cost saving, but you pay for what you get and, obviously, people are willing to judging by the guest figures. And it's still cheaper, by some way, than Disney in Paris. The park is immaculate and appeals to, quite literally, every age group - including senior citizens. Food and drink is superb and the hotels are pretty much the best in the business - or at least right up there with the best. They have more events than any other park - just look at their calendar and there is something going on every week. There are 50+ rides, including 10 coasters (soon to be 11) - there is just so much to do.

Working with other manufacturers also shows that Europa aren't too buried in their own glory. GCI is however, a working partner of Mack Rides, and with increasing park attendances every year - they can afford to spend more money than all their competitors. They have bags of space, and they have a team of people who really do care - and are committed to excellence in everything they do.

Quite honestly, Europa-Park is the pinaccle of what parks should be aiming at. I love it - and, even before Blue Fire, it was already awesome. Yet these additions just make it even more irresistable. It's a 3-day park and well worthy of a visit.

Bring on 2012!

I agree completely. They may not be the best in any one category (except maybe operations or adding attractions), but as a complete package they have no equal. Disney is arguably better at theming, details and atmosphere, CP/SFMM/SFGAdv may have better coasters, and Dollywood probably has better shows and food, but combined together Europa stomps all over them. IOA is the closest example I can think of in terms of overall combined quality, but even it would need to at least double or triple in size to begin competing.

Back in 2000 when they wanted to get another record breaking Roller Coaster in Europe . They announced Silverstar after that Holiday Park announced their Expedition Ge Force .

MACK Ride didn't and still don't have the Technology for Hyper Coasters or Giga Coasters . Since then Blue Fire Open with the new Mack Ride Technology .

Back in 2001 when Franz Mack knew that the new Roller Coaster ( Silverstar ) will be made by another manufacturer he was very angry and boosted the Mack engineers into a new step of rollercoasters . YET Mack doesn't have any Inverted Coasters on their list !

As we know they recently re Designed their Spinning Coasters . Sierra Sidewinder and especially Twist ( Le Pal ) shows that MACK did an Excellent job on their spinning coasters . Anyway MACK still doesn't have the Wooden Coasters Technology in their hands but they work with one of the best Wooden Coaster Manufacturer .

Wooden Roller Coasters are still New in Main Land Europe ! But by experience all theses parks know what to get just look at Toverland and their GCI woodie !!! Same for Efteling and their Joris and de Draak !

Right now like everybody on this board i can"t wait to see the layout of the coaster . MACK has experiences in the industry and they'll ask GCI for the best Custom Layout .

Europa-Park is one of the best Theme-Parks in the world for sure. Its great that next year the Coaster-Capital of europe will be Europa-Park. The coaster on the banner is actually Thunderbird. The new Woodie won´t be the same Lay-out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

Here in Germany, Coaster Enthousiasts discuss alot about the new Wooden GCi for 2012...because with a Height of 35 Meters it wouldn`t be possible to reach MORE (!) than the promised 100 km/h (62,1 mph)...so we expect it will be going under Ground (EDIT :The announced maximum Speed is OVER 100 km/h) !!!

Take a look at that (Source : Chris-Space.net) :

001.jpg.20f394bd06d538ef7892c8812e08b23a.jpg

koaskoaksa.jpg.c72cb5d8c65cd913e5f98c9003e65e1e.jpg

This is how the first Drop could look like !

• 2 weeks later...

I will be heading off to Europa Park for 2 days in the first week of August. I just had a few questions to make this first visit great.

1. What will crowd levels be like?

2. Which rides have the longest lines and which ones should I go on first thing?

3. What type of food do they serve at Foodloop?

4. What are some must do attractions/shows??

Thanks for the help.

It is always very busy in August. Expect long lines. Posaidon usually has a around 70 min wait during the Summer.

Make sure you are inside the entrance area not later than 8:40. Try to get as close to the gate as possible. When they open it at 9:00 run to silverstar like everyone else and make sure you are fast enough to get on one of the first trains. After that I would continue to Posaidon followed by Euromir. Once you are done there you might be able to get one or two more rides in the back of the park before it really fills up.

The lines are usually getting a little bit better around Lunchtime between 12 and 2.

Also the waiting times for Silverstar and Eurosat really go down big time in the afternoon.

Most people want to do their last ride of the day on Silverstar which means the queue for it fills up again like one or two hours before the park closes.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...but this doesn`t look like a final Parkplan !!! What You see there doesn`t fit to what you can see in the construction Area...I mean not a all ! Just look at where the (real) Tunnel is located !

Ahhhh...besides : As it`s VERY obvious right now that the first Drop will lead into a massive underground Tunnel...the heigth of the first drop will be more than 40 Meters ! WOHOOOOO...

^ but it seems to be final one. Ep-fans.de is the "official" fanpage the park and gets all his informations directly from EuropaPark itself. So you shouldn`t take the layout to seriosly, because its just an artwork, but it gives a little taste what the layout will look alike. Maybe its an little bit early to say its the final map, but they even put this coaster in the map for the winter season! If you don`t believe it here are both official maps from Ep-fans.de:

http://ep-fans.info/up-down/2011/2011-12_ParkplanWinter_Laend_DE.pdf

http://ep-fans.info/up-down/2011/Parkplan_12_DE_Laender.pdf

the new hotel is in there too!

and just look at bluefire... the layout doesn´t fit to the real one too, so this is just a little inspiration for what will come