Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

Holy Land! - Page 114
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It all started with a donkey

Re: Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

Postby the ghost » Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 am

F*** THIS PLACE! Anywhere with free roaming spiders is not cool with me... I know they're useful for fly killing, but I think all spiders should be eradicated ASAP... in fact it semi sickens me there is even a bug museum in the first place... which kinda makes me feel like a dick cause I enjoy Tough to be a Bug... oh well.

The KILL EM ALL Ghost

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby OrlandoNerd » Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 am

the ghost wrote:F*** THIS PLACE! Anywhere with free roaming spiders is not cool with me... I know they're useful for fly killing, but I think all spiders should be eradicated ASAP... in fact it semi sickens me there is even a bug museum in the first place... which kinda makes me feel like a dick cause I enjoy Tough to be a Bug... oh well.

The KILL EM ALL Ghost

i 100% agree with this post, as a severe Aracnaphobe, that is the room from hell, im baffled as to why they have spiders just freely wandering about! :wtf:
Orlando nerd since 1987

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Tue May 24, 2011 7:49 am

I went here! I really had a nice time, the gardens are actually really nice and the area is alot bigger than you think it would be.

The Loritkee exhibit has a almost completely white floor (And it wasn't painted white ;) )
Also the Free Roaming Spiders freaked me out too, I pretty much walked quickly out of the building when I saw that.

Still a good (A little pricy) way to spend an afternoon!

Thanks Erik and Smisty for the great report!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue May 24, 2011 7:56 am

Butterfly World was actually founded in 1998, by a gang of butterflies that were tired of migrating.

1988. I know this because I remember being forced there on a school field trip in 8th grade....which sucked. It's another place I'm amazed still exists.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue May 24, 2011 7:51 pm

King_K. wrote:I'd really love to see you guys do the Lion Country Safari down here. That place is quite the gem.

It's on the list, for sure. I'm fact, we were going to do it on our last trip down that way, until we found out that their Ferris wheel was down for rehab. But, yeah, we intend to go. =)
Erik Allen Elness

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed May 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Great report. I'm amazed that some of these places can draw enough people to stay in business

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Located on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (Kissimmee's tourist strip) is Bonanza Golf & Gifts. Which is quite weird. But why just tell you when we can show you...!?
01P3318537.jpg
Among other things, Bonanza Golf hosts a CiCi's.
03IMGP0646.JPG
For those of you who live in less-civilized parts of the country (or even *gasp* beyond), CiCi's is a pizza buffet chain. And while it's common enough that it wouldn't normally be worthy of an Oddventure, we wanted (you) to get the full Bonanza Golf experience.
05P3318531.JPG
Let's go ahead and get the "photo that Misty is going to kill me for posting" out of the way, shall we?
07P3318539.JPG
Chock-full of all the "pretty good for the price" pizza that we could possibly eat, it was time for some mini golf!
10P3318545.JPG
You must purchase the golf inside the gift shop. But don't get distracted!
11P3318546.JPG
Hey, what could be more family-friendly than mini golf?
12P3318547.JPG
This one is for Elissa.
13P3318548.JPG
And this one is for Barry.
15P3318633.jpg
Okay, on with the golf! Hmm, too bad "no graffiti" isn't one of the rules, eh?

Wait...is that an advertisement for ice cream?!
17IMGP0669.JPG
Ah yes, Hershey's! The ice cream that says, "We wanted to sell a name brand, but that's really expensive."
19P3318549.JPG
Smisty was becoming almost as impatient as you all are to get on with the mini golf, but after all that pizza and ice cream, I really wanted to check out the "clearance" restrooms.
20P3318694.JPG
On second thought, maybe I'll hold it.
21P3318641.JPG
Okay, so there are two courses. But they're laid out in a very strange manner. They cross themselves and each other seemingly at random. And since there's no difference in coloring or style between them, it's very easy to suddenly find yourself playing the wrong course or hole midway through.

On the other hand, it sort of adds an extra challenge to the courses--and it made us laugh--so I'm not quite willing to say that it's a bad thing, for our purposes.
23P3318563.JPG
Ask about the "mistery" hole!
28P3318561.jpg
Looking back from the furthest point on ground level. Note how we'll eventually be playing golf on top of the gift shop and entryway to the parking lot.
30P3318643.JPG
It's certainly a "mistery" to me how I'm supposed to putt my ball from here.
32P3318566.JPG
The courses are nice enough. I guess the theme is mining or something...?
33P3318631.jpg
"Mountain Bob"/Gandalf wishes you luck.
40P3318574.JPG
Well, why *wouldn't* you have to walk past hole 18 to get to hole 5?
42IMGP0653.JPG
Tressle putting!
43P3318588.JPG
I guess they...haven't quite finished this part.
45P3318591.JPG
Hole 8? Hole 13? I honestly have no idea what's happening here.
47IMGP0681.JPG
This really needs to be my profile picture somewhere.
48P3318656.JPG
Mini golf, by MC Escher.
51P3318596.JPG
If you have any idea what the hell is going on here, please write to: Bonanza Golf, 7761 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34747.
53P3318659.JPG
There appears to be a rock in the way.
55P3318663.JPG
I just thought this was a nice photo. What, does everything have to be a joke?
62P3318625.jpg
Well, that's...surprisingly boring.
64P3318685.JPG
At last we come to the last hole. And how can you tell that it's the last hole...?
65P3318689.jpg
Ta-da!
70P3318541.JPG
Oh, crap! Seriously?! You can get married here?? I hope you get to change in the restrooms!

Aloha.
Erik Allen Elness

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Love the shout out, but I have a request...next time don't put my shout out next to Barry's. It violates the restraining order.

Also, I've passed this golf place roughly 849372 times as it's right near where we rent our TPR Houses, it's always struck me as kind of boring so we never bothred with it.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 pm

I love the seemingly random Wendy's sign thrown in!

Also whats up with the backseat of a car, near the bathroom. I mean I have a theory....but....

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Thank you for the underwear photo. I was actually looking for a new pair after I got a skidmark on my recent one. The one in the gift shop will do quite nicely!

I should do a Photo TR of the Shell Factory in my area. It'll make the Orlando gift shops blush. I just have to find a Green Lantern t-shirt...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!