TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Does this mean you are finally going to the Holy Land Experience? Better yet, send Bryan and Adam there!

Now there is an attraction worthy of a true Erik & Smisty, Bryan & Adam Orlando All-Stars team-up!

What do you say, guys?

As much as I don't like the idea of four people that I like giving Holy Land money...I agree the resulting Photo TR could be epic enough to warrant a slight overlook.

But it is still free to the public one day a year, isn't it?

Let's see what will happen when athetists visit the Holy Land Experience.

Obviously, I don't want to give these people any money. On the other hand, I'm even less interested in going there (or, really, anywhere) on special free day. But I do want to see it--both from a completest standpoint, and out of morbid curiosity.

If I am going to do it though, I want to make sure that it's epic. So the team-up idea seems like a good way to help justify it. Smisty and Bryan are on board, but no word from Adam yet.

[Edit: Unfortunately, the physical Hula Dog (or, as it was later know, "Kona Dog") building has closed. However, they now apparently have a food truck!? -Erik]

When it comes to food, I think it's safe to say that I'm a bit more "Oddventurous" than Smisty. So I ended up going to this next place by myself....

Hula Dog

01IMGP2880.JPG.8ebf5a5c4b4fb3647e657a43f68f2a65.JPG

Located on I-Drive, near Wet 'n Wild, beneath a giant billboard advertising McDonald's (natch), Hula Dog offers "authentic Hawaiian-style hot dogs."

03P2042213.jpg.1010980962abc183bca8004ab33c44c0.jpg

I've never actually been to Hawaii, so I'm in no position to judge their authenticity. But Hula Dog was opened about three months ago by a guy who was stationed in Hawaii and apparently really liked their hot dogs.

07IMGP2883.JPG.44f44734bca63f48f76dddac6843a4c9.JPG

Help me, magic surf board! How does this work??

08IMGP2884.JPG.3272675ee0d48cce1330de3e04aab076.JPG

Below this are more boring ingredients you can get if you prefer your hot dogs a bit less Hawaiian. But what fun would that be?

15P2042219.jpg.51cc4ccba0f7d556688158503ccca75b.jpg

Ta-da! The bread is very soft, and pretty much covers the entire dog. What you see here cost me about $7.50.

16IMGP2889.JPG.30c7a5ec19a5f4e0c21a784a236997f5.JPG

If I have a complaint, it's that the hours are a bit unpredictable. (I can't stand when a place is closed between "lunch" and "dinner.") But I guess you have to kind of expect that when it's just a couple of guys bootstrapping a new business and trying to do everything themselves. And, in any case, the hot dogs are really good!

20IMGP2879.jpg.9acaeaf85814ff5e8d79fff959bcfac4.jpg

I don't get it.

Edited by Electerik