TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Might this possibly help the park with sales to schools in the area? Not sure how "educational" trips are defined in that area.

When I visited last May almost all the guests there were school groups. In fact, once they left about 4 I wound up with solo rides on Adventure Express, Flight Deck, and Invertigo. Diamondback had empty of seats on every train, Beast and Vortex had half full trains, if that, etc. While it might help push a few extra schools that way, it didn't seem like they are lacking school groups now.

Wow, Jeff Johnson is now an upcharge, is that a tactic to suppress high demand?

Meanwhile, NASA scientists continue looking for a number high enough to express JJ's credit count.

I'm more interested as to whether King's Island is in league with the Empire (Industries).

That is amazing given that until very recently, JJ always had to pay to ever get it.

Me would like one shipped to KD asap!

I wouldn't be shocked if KD saw one in 2012 at all if they are a success this year for Knotts, CP, CW, and KI. They need something big to attempt to compete with Busch Gardens' launch coaster, and considering they just got a giga coaster, I could see a Windseeker being a smart choice (not very expensive either). I actually hope we get on in 2012!

While I have no doubt that this will be a fun ride, I am extremely glad that not all of the Cedar Fair parks have them (as of yet). Does it look fun? Yes. Will it be well received? Probably.

My only issue with this ride is the sheer size of it. I realize that there's not too many ways to make the ride look appealing given the size of the ride tower, but judging by the photos, it looks like another gigantic attraction placed in the middle of a concrete midway. I loved KI, and the park is themed far better than my home park (Valleyfair), but I feel that single rides that are simply added in the middle of baron wastelands of concrete and rides make the park look almost RCT-ish.

I realize that after the ride construction is finished they'll probably add some themeing, trees, landscaping, etc., but if these things aren't added, it could potentially look a bit out of place.

^ It's Cedar Fair so I don't think you could expect anything more than plopping rides where ever they can fit. Windseeker doesn't really have a theme, as far as I know... I guess you could look at it as a light house or something, but that might confuse people even more.

I like to look at the Windseekers as giant cigarettes.

^^Windseeker isn't plopped down in the middle of nowhere, it's in the Coney Mall area near Vortex, Action Theater, and the Racer. They've replaced most of the concrete in that area with new brick paths too. It's not going to have any theming, but of course once they're done building it they will add more greenery around the ride. I don't really know what you're talking about, it looks great to me along with the surrounding area.

^^Windseeker isn't plopped down in the middle of nowhere, it's in the Coney Mall area near Vortex, Action Theater, and the Racer. They've replaced most of the concrete in that area with new brick paths too. It's not going to have any theming, but of course once they're done building it they will add more greenery around the ride. I don't really know what you're talking about, it looks great to me along with the surrounding area.

Maybe it's just because it isn't finished. I stand corrected then; once they've finished it, I hope that it doesn't look how it currently does (sore thumb).