TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I was at BG today, and I saw that the skyride tower that had be modified has its entire top taken off. I took a picture, but my dad took the camera back home before I could get the photo. I'm not sure how much is off, but it looks like an I rather than a T or a 7, if you know what I mean.

Awesome to see Cheetah Hunt has been "powered up"... its coming soon!

...and I've watched that baby cheetah video SO many times now... I've been showing it off to all the people I work with and having them fall in love too... its "big" round head is just SO damn adorable... and its "chirping" is too cute... can't wait to see both (coaster and baby) of them "run"...

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release and hi-res photos from the ride envelope pull-through of the first train of Cheetah Hunt.

After bolting in the final piece of Cheetah Hunt’s 4,429’ track just last week, Busch Gardens’ design & engineering team are losing no time in getting the mega-attraction’s trains on the track for the first round of testing.

Yesterday, crews began the slow process of using cranes and pulleys to drag the car around the track. This initial testing is the park’s way of making sure the car glides smoothly along the entire length of the ride, as well as checking that the “ride envelope” – the space around the car and rider with arms fully extended – has plenty of clearance.

This drag testing will take an estimated 3 to 4 days to complete and is the first step to having Cheetah Hunt ready to pounce on Friday, May 27.

1.jpg.da8eba1aef0d6336dff6633a9b18e5bf.jpg

2.jpg.9f81f17427ca47b3418270798380b313.jpg

3.jpg.c78f96ef7459d1973c240f9fb6ca8951.jpg

4.jpg.bf9cfb85fca3fbef4ba101c3b4aa8c7b.jpg

5.jpg.b3368ef6f1c1133004ff8af3a8a5cbec.jpg

6.jpg.c5a07b2fb1a05191c54785da29086267.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

I fail to see how the trains are any sexier than Blue Fire's... They're good but the BEST? Really? Raptor's at Gardaland's are also "sexier", i'd argue!

Blue Fire does have some snazzy looking trains, but they are a bit too bland. I haven't seen up close pictures of Raptor's trains yet. All I know is, CH's trains look like cheetahs, and cheetahs are gorgeous.