TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

Psyclone at SFMM, oh wait.

In all seriousness, I'd tear down, or heavily change Collosus. That thing had jackhammering worse than Ghostrider when I rode it, and it took my neck about a week to recover from riding that piece of crap. I rode it twice, and the second time it was even worse!

I actually think Colossus is a fun ride to go on when there is little or no wait. The drops are ok, speed is good, but those turnarounds are slow... Not too bumpy IMO. But that's comparing it to the other woodies I have been on like Mean Streak, Ghostrider, Son of Beast, and Psyclone.

I'd tear down Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. What is it still doing there anyway?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son of Beast and Mean Streak... without question.

Then the Hurlers... both of them.

Other bad rides I have wanted to see closed and have fallen:

• Typhoon - Santa's Village (currently for sale and not operating)

• Hercules

• Viper

• Flashback

I am torn between two coasters.

The first would be The Roller Coaster/Manhattan Express at the New York, New York hotel in Las Vegas. That ride is so horrible, I wouldn't even want to see it replaced with something else. Empty space would be better than that horrid POS.

I'll probably catch some flack for this, but Revolution at SFMM. I know that it's very iconic, and it used to be pretty cool. However, the addition of OTSR's made for some horrible head banging. Furthermore, I can't think of a ride with more trims than that. That terrain could be used for something far cooler. I'm thinking a quality GG woodie or a sweet Intamin terrain coaster. Aside from looking pretty, I don't feel that Revolution is useful for anything beyond viewing at a safe distance. I skip it every time I go.

-Doug

I think, if there's no way to truly restore Revolution (removal of trims, track re-profiling, etc.), they should replace it with a ride that keeps the same spirit, especially that iconic drop into the loop. I could see Intamin doing an awesome job on that.

I think, if there's no way to truly restore Revolution (removal of trims, track re-profiling, etc.), they should replace it with a ride that keeps the same spirit, especially that iconic drop into the loop. I could see Intamin doing an awesome job on that.

"The New Revolution"

I'd choose between these two : Battlestar Galactica , as it was painful , horrible operation and built and manufactured by ''Vekoma'' . ( Universal Studios Singapore ) . Operated 1 train only .. The only thing i enjoyed was the queue inside the station. The part of horrible operation i mentioned was that it ran in the rain and i sat during the rain and now i know how it feels to ride a coaster with the phrase '' A million needles on your face. '' And Ghost Rider at Knott's Berry Farm ... The last time i sat that ride , it almost twisted my neck.

^^-- that shows a difference right there between people. I love riding in the rain. Now I305, that is like needles in your face -- if not nails -- but something the size of Battlestar should be OK, and looks like a cool coaster to me also. Anyway you certainly can't blame them for your choice of riding in the rain, and giving you that choice is still a plus.

I don't know of any coaster I'd like torn down. Anaconda @KD has seen better days and really can hurt you, so I'd like to see it replaced, but that's a different answer by millions of dollars. Lots of people here are saying Hurler, sure it was rough but it still kicked ass until they added trims. I used to ride it 5 times in a row every time I made it over to the the Grove side of the park, now it's boring. But by at least not tearing it down, maybe in a year or 3 they can give it Topper track and it can become the smooth airtime machine it was originally. I know when I went to Carowinds in the mid-90s their Hurler was one of the few redeeming features of the park. At least KD still has Grizzly, which I think someone mentioned in this thread, and Rebel Yell, which is the only coaster I let hurt me in 2010 except Wildcat, but hasn't been suggested.

As to the NYNY coaster, I didn't find it rough at all and everybody on the train clapped afterwords. Shockwave rules especially if the park is empty enough they're running 1 train and you can reride.

I've been fortunate to avoid some of the worst so far, but of the ones I've ridden, Rolling Thunder. A disgrace to the presence of El Toro, and there are so many better ways that GAdv could use the land.

"The New Revolution"

I LOLed at the quote.

Might removal of the unessecary OTSRs count as restoring the ride? I mean, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong about all this and it was "Grandfathered", but doesn't Montezooma's Revenge get away with it, having a lap-bar and seatbelt combination? So what if it takes away some airtime, would that do much bad?

^

From my understanding, the coaster was retrofitted in 1991(?) to include the over the shoulder restraints. It's just a six flags policy that all looping coasters have to have OTSR

The manufacture however does not have to include OTSR like we see on Montezuma's revenge some 70 miles away.

I don't mind the restraints, but you have to ride with caution. It's one of the only rides I do not raise my hands, just because of the head banging.

It's just a six flags policy that all looping coasters have to have OTSR.

What about Shockwave @ SFOT or Mindbender @ SFOG? Six Flags doesn't have OTSRs on those. Does Revolution have OTSRs to reduce insurance costs.

It's just a six flags policy that all looping coasters have to have OTSR.

What about Shockwave @ SFOT or Mindbender @ SFOG? Six Flags doesn't have OTSRs on those. Does Revolution have OTSRs to reduce insurance costs.

Yeah, what he said.

I would tear down Grizzly at PGA, its a waste of wood, though I suppose since they re-tracked it and as I understand did some re-profiling, I'd have to ride again this year just to be sure.

I would tear down the Motocoaster at Darien Lake and dig out the swimming pools make the pools an upcharge attraction!

Besides I think the Motocoaster is nothing but a glorified kiddie coaster despite its minimum height requirement is 48 inches.

Yeah, Manhattan Express or "Roller Coaster" at NYNY in Las Vegas is just mind-numbingly awful. It should be fun! It looks fun, and it's neat to ride a coaster in Vegas where you can see The Strip while riding. It's just that I think the steep price of riding it should include a couple "Alleve"...............Yay for TogoTerror...............

Twister II at Elitch Gardens. WHY did the park feel like they had to redesign a coaster that was already amazing? Now it's just a forceless mess of a ride. Get rid of it and rebuild the ride according to the original plans.

Sad but true. I wish I had gotten the chance to ride the original (although Twister @ Knoebels isn't half bad).