Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: NEWS: Tokyo DisneySea to receive new version of Fantasmi

Postby tt.repo.man » Wed May 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I am a huge fan of BraviSEAmo, and in my opinion it would be horrible if Disney was to scrap Bellisea and Prometeo :cry: . But I thought about it and decided to come up with a solution. It would seem that both Bellisea and Prometeo have similarities with the filming sequence from Fantasia called the Sprite of Spring. Belliesea could be colored green rather than blue/ white to become the Sprite herself. While Prometeo would be re-casted as her natural enemy, the Firebird. This sequence could easily be added to TDS's Fantasmic! Or if they wanted to shorten the sequence the Imagineers could even use Prometeo's structure to create Maleficent's dragon. Heres a short video of the Sprite of Spring:

Earning my ears... :mickey:

I wrote the book about donkeys!

2011 Sendai Earthquake / Tokyo Disneyland Flooding

Postby King_K. » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 am

People are currently tweeting from the park and saying that the parking lots and park are currently being hit by the tsunami cause by the Sendai Earthquake, few pictures are coming in.

#BREAKING: Tokyo Disney has closed down. Staff and guests are safe. The carpark has been obliterated. @Disneyland

Last edited by King_K. on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:06 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: 2011 Sendai Earthquake / Tokyo Disneyland Flooding

Postby Saldek » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:00 am

My goodness! This is insane!

I'm watching CNN right now and Miyagi Prefecture is getting obliterated with water!

And I can't imagine how insanely chaotic Tokyo is right now with public transportation disrupted.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 am

The footage of this on the news is absolutely unreal... like watching a movie. Seeing tsunami waves speeding into land in real time was terrifying... on top of earthquake damage. I feel so terrible for everyone affected, what a horrible situation.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:28 am

The sheer volume of muck, debris and mud is astonishing all over- I'm seeing hte pictures of the waves rolling across the northern parts of Japan- and it's quite shocking all over.

I hope and pray for the saftey of those in Japan.

R.D.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:37 am

I just heard from someone in Hawaii that the Tsunami sirens have just started howling. It's expected to hit there at 3 a.m.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:38 am

Good live feed: http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Article, constantly updating: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Hoping that all of our TPR members affected by this (in Japan and elsewhere) stay safe.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 am

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby vuurvogel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 am

The current specifics

A major earthquake has hit Northern Japan. The quake was offshore from Sendai and measured 8.9 on the Richter scale. After the quake which lasted several minutes Japan was hit by tsunami waves. Also in Tokyo the the quake was felt. What kind of damage there is will unfold in the next hours to days and there still is a change to aftershocks. Tsunami waves up to 30 feet reported.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 am

This is so surreal... just watching this is creepy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Japanese people this morning... and the people of Hawaii. I have heard theres warning in California... but I doubt it will come here much.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!