TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Video is back up! Anyone know if everyone will be able to ride the coaster tomorrow?

Six Flags Over Texas confirmed that those participating in the film shoot will actually be riding the Giant. They also said to look out in the future for more opportunities for their Facebook fans!

And regarding the video, it looks insane...major kudos to SFOT on this project. I think the watermark is what they changed from the video they originally posted, but I can understand why on this one

-Jake

P.S. ^ I think you have to like their Facebook page to view the video.

You think its gonna be a safe ride? I personally think, if it wasn't safe they wouldn't let the public on it, but do you think it will me?

And, what shift do you have?

You think its gonna be a safe ride? I personally think, if it wasn't safe they wouldn't let the public on it, but do you think it will me?

Of course it's safe. You think Six Flags would intentionally put people on a ride they didn't think was safe?

My question is, if the ride is fully tested (which it is if they're letting people from the public on it), why in the world are they waiting another 44 days before opening it?

Of course it's safe. You think Six Flags would intentionally put people on a ride they didn't think was safe?

My question is, if the ride is fully tested (which it is if they're letting people from the public on it), why in the world are they waiting another 44 days before opening it?

Yeh, I guess your true about that, and I wonder the same on how they would wait so long to release the ride. I guess we'll never find out. One last question, are you going tomorrow?

Okay, after seeing this POV, I think we very may well see the NTG move into the #1 steel coaster position in Mitch Hawkers poll, for sure it will rank in the top 10 or 5. Regardless of where it ranks in any potential polls, it looks like one hell of a ride. You know how we all got all excited about the sideways camelback before the cutthrough under the lift? Yeah, it looks sweet still, but the drop before it that goes through the lift looks even better. Its quick with a head chopper! The 3rd over bank looks great too. I wasn't too sure about this redo of my former favorite wood coaster into a steel coaster, but man, I think the NTG will be better than the original. Peace.

Thank you.

That ride is quite sick. No way I will get out there this year but I plan to attend the new F1 race soon so I will drive over and check this out. There are still great looking rides even here in America that I am unaware of, Titan is the newest on that list. I have also never been to Carrabbas.

You know how we all got all excited about the sideways camelback before the cutthrough under the lift? Yeah, it looks sweet still, but the drop before it that goes through the lift looks even better.

You beat me to it. Every time I watched that drop on the video, my thoughts went to "OMFG film that again from the back seat!"

I think the airtime on this ride will not be limited to the front of the train... which will make this bad boy a back seat must-do for sure. All of the ejectors without missing any floaters.

Wait... I didn't see any floaters, all I saw were ejectors. You think the underside of those lap bars have cushy padding? I foresee bruised thighs!

As for the delayed opening, we haven't seen any train other than the teal one on the circuit yet. I'm guessing that in addition to installing the special effects, they're going to need to cycle the other two trains the minimum number of hours and have them go through a final inspection before they can run them with people. That takes time, especially if you can't cycle trains while workers are still installing effects, etc.

It would NOT be a good idea to open this thing with only one train running!

Maybe its just me and maybe its the quality of the video, but it looks like it takes those hills after the MCBR fairly slowly. I'm guessing its just the video, but I don't see a lot of airtime on those hills. I really hope I'm wrong, and I probably am (as usual ), so we'll see once this thing opens.

Maybe its just me and maybe its the quality of the video, but it looks like it takes those hills after the MCBR fairly slowly. I'm guessing its just the video, but I don't see a lot of airtime on those hills. I really hope I'm wrong, and I probably am (as usual ), so we'll see once this thing opens.

I hope you're wrong! I didn't think it looked too slow.

I think the airtime on this ride will not be limited to the front of the train... which will make this bad boy a back seat must-do for sure. All of the ejectors without missing any floaters.

I agree with you, I don't think there will be a "bad" seat on the entire train.

Is it just me or was that brake run higher on the Old Giant .... i'm going to miss that drop. Everything else is definitely a BEAST!

Yes, the brake run used to be higher. It still looked like a good drop to me. The original was one of my favorite spots on the Giant. I guesstimate from the construction pictures that is was about 10 feet, maybe 15 feet higher, which can make a difference in speed, but with out the double helix to go through now, it looks to me that the train finishes the Magic Carpet at about the same clip it did before the remodel/re-profile/rehab/Frankenstein (what would you call what they did to it besides awesome?) treatment.

And yes, I said Magic Carpet. It's done, not exactly the same, but I think we should be able to go back to calling it the Magic Carpet. Of course I guess I *should* wait until I ride it and judge that part of the ride for myself.

We also have to remember that this is basically the slowest the ride is going to get. The trains and wheels are still being broken in, and just wait til an July/August day with 100°F+ temperatures... The grease will heat up and I'm sure the trains will be tearing through the track (just hopefully not too much, where they had melting wheel problems like with Titan).