TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

If Six Flags Entertainment wants to become more of a theme park business, they have to start treating it like one. That starts with individual imagineering teams for each park. I did admire Mark Shapiro's idea of making Six Flags parks, more on the theme park scale. I give him credit for trying, but he didn't have a lot of money and time to work with. This is something for the new regime to consider. Investing in imagineering is a major plus in putting your parks on the theme level scale. Sense, Six Flags does not have the money that Disney does, it would be on a much lower level. Six Flags Entertainment could easily buy a company like (Technifex) and expand on the staff. Technifex has done numerous themes for rides, animatronics, special effects and so much. Expanding the staff of that company would make it possible to design a whole themed area for a theme park. I think thats the direction that Six Flags Entertainment should shoot for.

Now getting the financing for an investment like this can be difficult. But Stark Investments gave Six Flags a tone of money, so why not find one that can invest us in creating an imagineering division? Once the imagineering staff is in place, each park that Six Flags owns would get a team. Of course the big parks like Great Adventure, Magic Mountain, Over Texas and Great America would get their teams first. Depending on the rate that an investment group can give them, determines how many more expansion teams can be provided for other parks. Once a park receives an imagineering team, it is smart for Six Flags to post marketing advertisement inside that specific park so that park guests will know that the company is making a significant investment in the park.

I believe this is possible and can be achieved if Six Flags puts their minds to it. Disney did it, so why can't six Flags do it on a smaller level. As the company gains more profit and attention from newer investors, the level at what the teams perform at would increase. Bigger projects could be done and every park would get updates quicker.

To quote Robb (YET AGAIN)

This thread has had a lack of any real substance for a long time now. If there is ACTUALLY something going on at the park, I encourage you all to post about it.

If someone here wants to take the time to go do a photo lap of the park so we can see small detailed changes, I encourage that.

What I *DO NOT* encourage, is pointless discussion about "What If's" that could happen at the park.

You're just wasting our bandwidth.

I'm going to tell this thread right now - post about things that are happening at the park for REAL, not in someone's make believe mind, or you may see your posts gets deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

--Robb

SFA still might get something this year. They never actually announce new additions until January or February.

It most likely won't be big, but there is a chance the park will recieve something!

I asked on both the SFA & SFI facebook pages & they said nothing new was coming to the park in 2011.

^Correct. That's all I can say about that.

In other SFA news, the park has written a unique Holiday greeting while the management offices are closed for the Holidays.

If you're a fan of "Twas the Night Before Christmas", you'll appreciate this.

Call the park's main number to hear the special holiday message (301.249.1500)

• 1 month later...

Just got this email today for anyone interested.......

SFAFANS is happy to announce our first event at Six Flags America!

2011 Preview Lunch

Saturday, March 12th, 2011

12 Noon till 2:00 pm

$25.00 (plus tax)

We will arrive at the park no later than 12:00 - we will walk back to the Crazy Horse Restaurant, where a Six Flags Director will welcome us, make some opening remarks and have a Q&A. Following the Q&A, lunch will be served.

After lunch there will be a behind the scenes tour of the Stunt Show Arena and a Q&A from our Entertainment department. After the tour of the stunt arena there will be closing remarks!

For more information, visit this thread on sfafans.com:

http://bit.ly/efjfcq

I'm thrilled about having an event at Six Flags America and hope as many of you as possible will take part.

See you there!

-airtime

Here is an updated email I just got.....could be interesting if enough signed up.......

Hello,

This morning I posted the registration form and itinerary for the 2011 Six Flags America Preview Q&A, Lunch and Tour. I'm excited about this event. Your lunch options include Chopped Beef BBQ Sandwiches, Vegetable Lasagna with Garlic Bread and Roasted Chicken Quarters, sides, beverages and assorted cookies for dessert. The cost of the event is $26.50 and payment must be postmarked no later than February 26, 2011.

The park will have a Q&A before lunch and after lunch will conduct a tour(s). One tour will be of the stunt arena and Q&A by the Six Flags America Entertainment Department. However, earlier, this week I announced if 50 or more people register by February 26 the park will do a Behind the Scenes Tour of Joke's Jinx, including the station, under-station area, tunnel and spaghetti bowl.

Here is a link to the registration form:

http://bit.ly/g0Dzw3

I hope to see you at the park on March 12.

Wesley Friend

a.k.a. airtime

sfafans.com

2011 Preview Lunch

$25.00 (plus tax)

We will arrive at the park no later than 12:00 - we will walk back to the Crazy Horse Restaurant, where a Six Flags Director will welcome us, make some opening remarks and have a Q&A. Following the Q&A, lunch will be served.

After lunch there will be a behind the scenes tour of the Stunt Show Arena and a Q&A from our Entertainment department. After the tour of the stunt arena there will be closing remarks!

I'm thrilled about having an event at Six Flags America and hope as many of you as possible will take part.

See you there!

-airtime

Perhaps SOMEONE will bring up the question of why the park has been passed over for a coaster time & time again over the last decade & given an answer as to when the next major addition will be made at the park?

It doesn't seem like they are doing ERT and such. It's been my experience, that more coaster enthusiasts will show for an event if it actually includes riding coasaters. Not complaining or putting them down - it's cool that they are doing something, just sayin'.

David

2011 Preview Lunch

$25.00 (plus tax)

See you there!

-airtime

Perhaps SOMEONE will bring up the question of why the park has been passed over for a coaster time & time again over the last decade & given an answer as to when the next major addition will be made at the park?

Not to start a rant, but the answer to that question will probably be an "I don't know".

The park keeps going threw new GM's so they probably won't know. The only person that would have an answer for that was Terry Prather. He worked under the Dan Snyder and Shapiro stint. I once asked him if he would be able to convince Mark Shapiro to relocated Batman: The Ride from Prather's SFNO, and he replied back saying "I'm really trying to convince him".

Prather is now the president for one of the Sea World parks.

NEW FOR 2011

Outwit, Outlast, Outplay!

SURVIVOR™ LIVE debuts at Six Flags America on May 27

Six Flags America, Maryland’s premier destination for family-friendly fun, today announced a brand new thrill. Beginning Friday, May 27, guests can experience stories from exotic locales around the world in SURVIVOR LIVE, a new, interactive, stage show adventure based on one of the world’s most popular reality shows SURVIVOR.

A joint effort between the Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, CBS Consumer Products and New York-based entertainment company RWS and Associates, SURVIVOR LIVE puts guests’ minds and bodies to the ultimate test as audience members compete in contests designed to challenge their endurance, memory and strength.

SURVIVOR LIVE is an exhilarating half-hour show for guests of all ages, igniting the stage with cutting-edge music and choreography, state-of-the-art sets, and lavish costumes. Guests interact with both live stage performers and clips from the EMMY® Award-winning television series as four audience members compete against each other in a series of challenges. At the end of the show, only one contestant will remain standing, with the person who has outwitted, outplayed and outlasted the others named “the ultimate Survivor.”

“We are thrilled to bring the excitement of SURVIVOR LIVE to Six Flags America,” said John Winkler, Park President. “We expect the show to be a big hit with our park guests this summer as they have fun participating in this unique and challenging production.”

“In the comfort of our living rooms, we all wonder if we could confront the elements, win the challenges, find the idols and survive SURVIVOR,” said Liz Kalodner, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Consumer Products. “Now, SURVIVOR LIVE at Six Flags gives fans the chance to compete and experience SURVIVOR in person as fellow audience members battle it out on stage.”

SURVIVOR LIVE performs Thursday through Tuesday, at Six Flags America’s Grand Theater, from Friday, May 27 through Sunday, August 21. The show will also be held on Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28, and Saturday, September 3 through Monday, September 5. All performances of SURVIVOR LIVE are free with park admission. The show joins the world-class roller coasters, beautiful Hurricane Harbor water park, two children’s areas, and all of the other attractions that make Six Flags America a true family destination with something for everyone.

SURVIVOR, now in its 22nd season on CBS, is one of the most popular reality shows in television history. In the groundbreaking show, contestants are stranded in a remote location and divided into tribes who compete against each other in various physical and mental challenges, with the losing team forced to vote a member of their own tribe off the island. The goal is to outwit, outplay and outlast the other contestants to be the last man/woman standing and win the title of Sole Survivor and a $1 million prize.

http://www.sixflags.com/america/entertainment/survivorlive.aspx

Wow, that makes me want to jump up and run right down there now!!!!

Can't they just get on one of those used ride sites and buy something cheap already? FFS, at least an old Chaos or Wipeout would be better than nothing!

Well that would make too much sense...

Can't they just get on one of those used ride sites and buy something cheap already? FFS, at least an old Chaos or Wipeout would be better than nothing!

They had a Chaos a few years ago. There is a reason all the SF parks got rid of them.

More like can't they just rotate an older ride from another SF park? ohh wait they tried that before & failed cough ultra twister cough.

• 1 month later...

Just got this email today if anyone is in the area and/or interested.......

Six Flags America kicks off their 2011 season on April 16 and SFAFANS is planning some outstanding fun this season.

Our first event of the 2011 season will be our first "Fan Dropin" from 1-5:00pm on April 16th. Meet at the Heritage House Food Court at 1:00pm. Kickoff the 2011 season by riding Batwing, Superman, Joker's Jinx, Wild One, Roar and Mind Eraser and watch Six Flags America's Top Notch Stunt Team perform their 2011 stunt show "Blundering Buccaneers".

Please rsvp in this thread: http://bit.ly/g3DDdX

Our second event will be our Annual Season Kickoff and Park Takeover. Details are available on SFAFANS.COM. The takeover begins on Sunday May 1st at 10:30 until ?. For anyone that wants to join, we will meet at Bob Evans in Bowie, MD for breakfast at 8:45. before we "convoy" to Six Flags America.

Please rsvp in this thread: http://bit.ly/h14FnC

As always, you can do as much or as little with the group as you want.

All sfafans.com events are open to members of sfafans.com and their partner sites and organizations. SFAFANS expects anyone attending any sfafans event to abide by all park rules, regulations and the Six Flags Guest Code of Conduct, including the use of loose articles while riding rides and any restrictions on cameras or phones. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian age 18 or older.

Six Flags America finally gets something new after all!!!

April 8, 2011

Slide the Amazon on Six Flags America’s new Zoomazon Falls

Maryland’s best theme park announces 2011 attractions

Maryland’s best theme and water park just got better, faster, more spectacular, and wetter as Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor pulls back the rainforest canopy to introduce Zoomazon Falls and opens the curtains on four sensational new shows!

This summer at Hurricane Harbor water park, guests leave the inner tubes behind as they climb to the top of an Amazonian-themed forest at Zoomazon Falls. There, they’ll take in a spectacular view before choosing their descent path on one of four, twisting, turning, body slides, each enhanced by waterfalls, tropical décor, jungle soundtracks, and more. Zoomazon Falls features more than a half-mile of wild, watery excitement.

Zoomazon Falls joins 15 “splash-tastic” water attractions at Hurricane Harbor, including Hurricane Bay, one of the world’s largest wave pools, the six-story funnel of fun Tornado, and two areas for little splashers: Crocodile Cal’s Caribbean Beach House and Buccaneer Beach. In 2010, Six Flags America upgraded the 70,000 square-foot pool deck and added shading around Hurricane Bay, plus introduced a new daily song and dance show to create a resort-style oasis for its guests.

This newly-announced slide project marks the latest addition to Maryland’s best theme park for the 2011 season. Six Flags America also announces four new stage spectaculars coming this season:

• SURVIVORTM LIVE!- Survivor is going live! Be prepared to travel to an island far away as the Emmy Award-winning reality show ignites on stage in this interactive adventure! This cutting-edge show highlights the best in music and choreography and features state-of-the-art sets and lavish costumes. Opens Friday, May 27.

• Bob the BuilderTM Live at Six Flags America - Join Bob the Builder™ and the Can-Do Crew as they call on the assistance of the builders in the audience for a very special project! With a little singing, dancing, building, and a whole lot of fun, this team is sure to get the job done! Opens Friday, May 27.

• Turn Up the Heat- Summertime at Six Flags America gets hotter than ever in this sizzling explosion of suntan-inspiring music and dance! Classic summer hits are given a contemporary makeover as they mash together with current pop culture to create a totally new, unique sound. Opens Saturday, May 28.

• Blundering Buccaneers Stunt Show- Pirate Red Rob causes chaotic mischief at the expense of the rest of the fleet in high-energy, comedic, stunt show adventure that is sure to inspire and amaze. Opens Saturday, April 16.

"We are pleased to give our guests even more thrills this summer at Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor as we introduce Zoomazon Falls and four brand new shows," said John Winkler, Six Flags America park president. “We’ve made a commitment to the Baltimore and Washington, DC region to continue to expand our entertainment offerings and make Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor the best place to spend the summer. This year’s new additions further that momentum.”

Located just 15 minutes west of Annapolis, MD and a short drive from Baltimore and Washington, DC, Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor is Maryland’s best theme and water park and premier destination for family fun. This giant park features world-class roller coasters, children’s areas, thrilling daily stage shows, and other attractions that make Six Flags America a true family destination with something for everyone!

Six Flags America theme park opens Saturday, April 16, 2011. Hurricane Harbor opens Saturday, May 21, 2011. To learn more about the park, visit sixflags.com/America.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation:

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Six Flags Over Texas, the company’s flagship location, is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2011.

Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/sixflags

Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflagsamerica

http://www.sixflags.com/america/info/news_zoomazonfalls.aspx

http://www.sixflags.com/america/rideswaterpark/ZoomazonFalls.aspx

Sounds like a cool addition to the water park, and I like what SF is doing lately with the Hurricane Harbors (SFGAm, and now SFA), updating them with newer attractions to draw people in.

EDIT: Never mind, as these just seem to be older SBNO slides.

Edited by Mr. Starr

I wonder if this will be a refurbed version of the 4 original slides from the old Wild World days? I guess I should ask if they are even still standing there where they were? I remember a few years back they were pretty overgrown with the trees and such around them, but you could still see the splash pool when you went by the ferris wheel.