Skycoastin' I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Verbolten and Jen's 300th credit! Page 20!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Skycoastin' I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Postby VinTheAttendant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 pm

It's a shame the operations are so horrid because that is my only gripe with the park (that, and Skyrush's station), and it's a HUGE gripe. Fantastic job with the pictures! I'm a sucker for closeup shots of rides capturing the facial expressions of unsuspecting riders, they really show Skyrush's true colors. Though I'm wondering if the floods of happy riders is because a lot of the visitors that Saturday were coaster enthusiasts who live for airtime. I know I ran into so many that day. But yeah, I couldn't agree more with layers of SSSOA stamps for Skyrush, awesome report.
BTW, the pictures of the socks blow my mind!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: Skycoastin' I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Meteornotes wrote:I think Hersheypark has absolutely horrible food

The only place I've eaten there the last four times I've gone is the gyro place near Storm Runner, and those gyros are pretty tasty. However, I can't comment on the rest of the food in the park.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Ugh, yeah, that station and the boarding procedures look downright awful. Seriously, did the planning commission spend any more than ten minutes with that aspect of the ride? I'm guessing no.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 pm

I have to say, those trains are ugly. The ride looks great and seems fun, but those trains are hideous. Good thing the look of the train has nothing to do with a ride being good.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Apollo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 pm

^Honestly though, I have to say, the entire ride (in my opinion) is kinda ugly. I mean, it looks like it rides absolutely AMAZING, but the yellow track with blue supports looks pretty terrible, and the lift structure is very industrial looking.

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Looks pimpin' fresh to me.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby CoasterComet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Great report! Did you let the park know your concerns about capacity on Skyrush? It's really *OK* if we, as coaster geeks (whether or not we are representing a coaster club) take the time to give the park constructive criticism. It could HELP them. If they don't get letters, calls and probably most importantly those filled out forms at guest relations - then they will remain complacent.

There is a way to complain in a very polite and nice way. Fill out the forms, write the letters. Don't be in the "Well... I don't like to complain" lemming/spineless crowd. Let them know. Trust me, you would be doing everyone a favor.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Thank you for the report and the excellent photos, I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool. I was awaiting your review of Skyrush and I'm glad to hear the ride really delivers. Sad to hear that Hershey's operations have gone downhill.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfmman2000 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks for the report and pictures!

Skycoastin I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool wrote: Slow, uninterested ride ops, idiotic procedures (like the wait till the station empties of every last living soul before opening the gates for the next train, although that's nothing new), zero ability to adapt to situations like guests being too large for noodles (we watched as the Roller Soaker crew took probably 5 minutes to figure out what to do when someone was too big).

This is what I experienced all day, on nearly every ride during my first and only trip to Hersheypark a few years ago. And I'm sad to see that nothing has changed. Who on earth is training their operators?

On the subject of filling as many seats as possible on a 4-across coaster, I realize it can be difficult to do. But at the very least, they should have a grouper directing traffic and making announcements over the PA system for waiting guests to form groups of 4. I imagine with 2 different types of seats to choose from, this becomes all the more difficult, as guests try to wait for specific seats.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby CoasterComet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I am about 100% sure that if they had a single rider queue (the kind where you sit where you are told, and that's that...) they would have full trains continuously. Some people don't care, they just wanna ride...

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive