Hello everyone, welcome to yet another Divv Photo TR. You might not have been expecting this one for a few months since my Europe TR was more of a mid-season replacement last year. However, I have a potential trip to California coming up in December and if I don’t do this TR before that trip then one of the trips will not get a TR (evidenced by my lack of Orlando Halloween TR last year). And I took way too many photos in Scandi not to do one of these. And when I say I took way too many photos, I really mean it. I think in Europe I took something like 800, in Midwest maybe 300. In Scandi for some reason I took about 3000, I don’t know why or how but that’s how many photos I ended up with. I’ve spent a great deal of time sorting through them and making a report out of them, hopefully none of the updates will get too long and will be somewhat entertaining!
Day 0 - THE JOURNEY TO SCANDI (below)Day 1, Part 1 - BONBON-LANDDay 1, Part 2 - INTERNATIONAL SNACK TRADE!Day 2 - TIVOLI GARDENSDay 3 - BAKKENDay 4, Part 1 - HANSA PARKDay 4, Part 2 - KARAOKE BAR!Day 5, Part 1 - SOMMERLAND SYDDay 5, Part 2 - LEGOLAND BILLUNDDay 6, Part 1 - FARUP SOMMERLANDDay 6, Part 2 - TIVOLI FRIHEDENDay 7, Part 1 - DJURS SOMMERLANDDay 7, Part 2 - KAROLINELUNDDay 8, Part 1 - TUSENFRYDDay 8, Part 2 - GOTHENBURG DRINKING TIME!Day 9, Part 1 - BALDER WELCOME RECEPTION!Day 9, Part 2 - LISEBERGDay 10, Part 1 - SKARA SOMMERLANDDay 10, Part 2 - WORLD'S LARGEST IKEA!Day 10, Part 3 - GRONA LUND (I)Day 11, Part 1 - GRONA LUND (II)Day 11, Part 2 - OVERNIGHT FERRY!Day 12, Part 1 - POWER PARK (I)Day 12, Part 2 - POWER PARK (II)Day 13 - TPR GRAND PRIX & POWER PARK (III)Day 14 - SARKANNIEMIDay 15 - LINNANMAKIDay 16 - THE JOURNEY HOME
To borrow a trait from Dave’s awesome TRs here are the rules of Divv park visits and Photo Trip Reports:
- Fire, ducks, lightning and mist photos should be included wherever possible because they are the greatest things that any park attraction can include.
- Photos of Mike creaming up should always be included
- If Erik expresses interest in any type of new sweet foodstuff then it should be documented
- If Lou rides a powered coaster a photo of her flicking her leg backwards before she boards must be taken
- If anyone passes something featuring the logo of their employer then a photo of said person with said logo must be included
- Photos of TPDave should utilize TPCaptions whenever possible.
- If Dave Fudge encounters a lamp post then you should always adhere to his demands of getting a photo of him sodomising said lamp post.
- If Ben attempts to eat anything that is over 48 hours old then it must be documented.
- If whilst browsing a gift shop an item of paraphenelia sporting the word "Louise" is encountered and someone who is christened with the same forename is in proximity then a photo containing both of these entities should be taken.
- If Scottish Steve gets within 300 yards of a ghost train or haunted house then photos of his apprehension are mandatory
- If there is a possibility of Southern Steve dancing then video recording and photo capturing devices must be at the ready
- Similarly, if there is a possibility of trip goers indulging in karaoke recording devices should be on hand.
- In the unlikely event that Brent is first in line for ERT or in the front row of a coaster then photographic evidence of this rare occurrence must be obtained.
- Bar photos must be taken.
- The most important rule of all Divv Photo TRs is of course the stipulation that each update should conclude with what has been affectionately dubbed by many as “The Divv Shot”.
We do not know why these rules exist, only that they do and that we must never question them.
With all of that legal mumbo jumbo out the way let’s get to the TR!
Our Scandinavian Adventure begins in the luxurious confines of British Airways’ swanky new Terminal 5 where about a fifth of the trip goers were congregating to take the same flight over to Copenhagen.
I’ll let the photos tell the rest of this story…