Photo TR: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Our first visit to this tragic little park with potential.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 pm

I love that Carousel, too. You may be surprised to know that it's actually a Vekoma.

T2 is interesting. Not only is it a prototype, but it once operated with Three 10-Car Trains. Its also the most violent SLC I have ever been on.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby CoasterCard » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 pm

The ride originally opened as Twisted Sisters causing "We're Not Gonna Take It" creators Twisted Sister to threaten to sue the park if the name were not changed. The name change occurred in 2002 and has nothing to do with the coaster not being open now. The ride had gotten quite rough in the years leading up to its closure, which leads me to believe that the ride was in pretty bad shape structurally.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 pm

^You know I was being sarcastic? :lmao:

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:50 pm

^Uhh no.

-Tatum

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tanthonyam » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Also remember that the giant drop ride accident didn't help this park at all. This park may go the same route as Astroworld.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Satchboogie3 wrote:I visited SFKK in '04 and from the sounds of it, it has only gotten worse. You aren't missing anything at all with Twisted Twins, it was one of the most boring "dueling" coasters I have been on. This is definitely the worst park I've ever been to.

astroworldfan1 wrote:
Twisted Sisters sued Six Flags........

-Tatum

If that was true, couldn't they just change the name and keep it open while they go to court?

I guess it's good to at least get the credits out of the way and it probably will make Holiday World seem even better.

^I don't think you understood... Twisted Twins used to be called Twisted Sisters. In 2002, the band Twisted Sister threatened to sue SFKK because of copyright issues, so the park changed the name to Twisted Twins.

The ride's status has absolutely nothing to due with the name change. After the STOP tragedy in 2007, a law was implemented in the state of Kentucky that requires all ride operators to be at least 18 years old. Because SFKK had always relied on teenagers to run the rides, they were very understaffed when the 2008 season rolled around. To compensate for the loss of employees, they closed off the Northwest Territory, because it was the least-visited area of the park.

They are supposedly rehabbing Mile High Falls, but have released no information regarding the status of Twisted Twins, other than stating that "it is not in the budget for the 2009 season." I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that we can kiss the Twins goodbye.

Anyway, great Photo TR! The park is actually looking really nice this year. The whole front area seems to have had lots of work done to it over the off-season. Can you confirm that the Rainbow has been removed? (It would have been over by Enterprise, if not.) Also, how was Thunder Run running?

Glad to hear you didn't have too bad of a time!

Oh, and T2 stands for "Terror to the 2nd Power" ;)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ConleyKE » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 pm

^ The Rainbow has been removed this season.

Nice Pictures! I think an Intamin Mega-lite would fit nicely in Twisted Twins footprint. ;)
I Love Llamas :)

Coaster Counter: 82

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Primogen18 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:32 am

My bf and I are considering checking this park out seeing as we are only a few hours away and they have the Six Pass thing going on for $29.99. Nice TR though and the park doesn't look too horrible to me, even if only for the credits and Greezed Lightning. Of course I'll post a TR (and like most of mine it will be completely ignored on here), but I post them anyway...

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am

Great TR! You're not missing much with Twisted Twins. When I rode it in 2007 it was slow, poorly paced, and just in general a big non-event. I'd rank it in my bottom five woodies. Chang, however, is fantastic.

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:58 am

Great TR.

During our Midwest/East Coast parktour last year, of the 13 parks, SFKK was the worst. Beating SFA by an inch.
Mainly because of the worst operations I've ever seen at a park.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive