Photo TR: Indiana Beach

One of the two things in Indiana that isn't corn.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Sun May 31, 2009 3:42 pm

You forgot to mention. If you go during the right time, you can see training lessons to the ride ops in the hotel lobby while you check in.
Caution: Smisty

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 pm

^ I forgot about that! (Probably because I didn't have a good photo of it.)

Yeah, their operations training room is apparently the hotel lobby. But, then again, I would expect nothing less from Indiana Beach.

"Okay, so if a guest asks you what's wrong, don't say, 'You see that big arm there that holds up the ride? It's busted.' Just say it's mechanical."
Erik Allen Elness

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Sun May 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Question: Wasn't park operations part of the hotel office?
Caution: Smisty

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun May 31, 2009 7:02 pm

^ Yeah, I think they're adjacent. So it kind of makes sense.

the ghost wrote:I always love your TR's, and this one is no different. Are you on some kind of theme park tour? Or do you just hit up a bunch of random parks?

Thank you!

No, no tour. We try to go on three or four park trips a year, usually ranging from two to eight days a piece. So far this year we've taken an 8-day Atlanta/Orlando trip and this 6-day Cedar Point/Indiana Beach/King's Island trip.

There's a possibility that we might head over to Holiday World for a day trip pretty soon. But otherwise, we probably won't be leaving the Pigeon Forge area again until at least August.
Erik Allen Elness

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Sun May 31, 2009 7:22 pm

Great TR!!

Indiana Beach and Dollywood are two of my favorite parks, for very different reasons. Since I'm probably not going to make it down to Pigeon Forge this year (I say probably as I won't rule it out...), I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when PKIManJZ and I are hitting this up. Thanks for the photos, they're great!

Was the stunt show running, yet?

-James Dillaman

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Sun May 31, 2009 7:44 pm

Another great Photo TR from you!

I absolutely loved Indiana Beach as well. It has such a unique feel to it, and I thought the whole park was very photogenic. I got some nice night shots from the top of the ferris wheel.

I remember thinking how great Cornball Express was. I was not expecting it to be that much fun.
I'm pretty sure that I was almost flung right out of that Galaxi coaster.
I loved Tig'rr as well. Those low to the ground turns at high speeds are super fun! If Misty loved that, she must ride Whizzer at SFGAm, if she hasn't already.

Again, another great TR, and thanks for sharing!

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sun May 31, 2009 7:49 pm

I have not been to Indiana Beach, but it looks like a lot of fun. They've done wonders with the limited space they have.

I, too, am a fan of silly signs. You can really have a lot of fun with those.

Excellent TR! :b

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

A griffon? How deliciously absurd!

Postby griffon » Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Nice report and very comprehensive with the pictures. I was there for the first time on Memorial Day last week and share many of your thoughts about the park and the rides in general. I didn't get many pictures of the crazy signage, I'm glad you covered that :)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Sun May 31, 2009 11:43 pm

Excellent Photo TR! I really want to go to IB! I live a little over an hour from there but have never gone! I should be going later this season though, and can not wait for Tig'rr, I love Schwarzkopfs!
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Cameron » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:44 am

Great photos! The games were only on free-play while they installed the card-swipe system. Now that it's all working, you have to pay for the games. Still, didn't stop me wasting several hours in there on opening day :)

Not sure of the condition of Den Of Lost Thieves when you went .. on opening day a lot of the targets weren't working, they have since been (mostly) fixed (I was there yesterday). With the working targets, and better guns, the ride is vastly better than it has been in previous years.

In fact the whole park is looking great this season (aside from over-doing the pastel paint :) ).

Cameron.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive