Photo TR: Cedar Fair's King's Island

A quick, guerilla-style tour of Cedar Point's beaten rival.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I love Boobs on the moon!

Postby Xizor_Racer » Thu May 28, 2009 8:43 am

The only time I have ridden FOF was back in it's first or second year...... am I confused or didn't the trains used to be single seats? Anyway, It beat the hell out of my head and I haven't been back on it.

Last year I thought The Beast was the best ride it had been in a number of years. I remember we had to leave the park a few years ago after a ride on the Beast because my head and back hurt to even walk.

Hoping to make it down in July for a ride or several on Diamondback!!!!

Nice report!
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.... Rush- Freewill
I need a ride on the SwampFox!!
I rode Son of Beast with the Loop!

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm

jamesdillaman wrote:That's Sean Flaherty's car. He doesn't really get on coaster boards anymore, or go to any events, but I've known him for 11 years. Nice guy, but doesn't really get along with TPR for some reason or other. He doesn't seem to hold it against me, though.

Sure, I remember Sean from the RRC days. Pretty sure I would have recognized him if I'd run across him in the park. It's funny that I parked right next to his car, though.

Actually, it was Misty who spotted it. I was too busy looking at the big shiny roller coasters. :P
Erik Allen Elness

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:45 pm

I believe Shaun is still the US Correspondant for the European Coaster Club, I remember reading a lot of his articles in First Drop a few years ago.
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby HPCrazy » Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Great T/R and pics! Where was that Diamondback and train shot taken? I wouldn't mind taking something similar when I go out there this August.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Where was that Diamondback and train shot taken? I wouldn't mind taking something similar when I go out there this August.

The photo was taken in the White Water Canyon exit. I believe the exit sign says something about an observation deck. Which is one of the reasons we headed that way, but be warned it is a long walk.
Caution: Smisty

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri May 29, 2009 7:31 am

DiSab wrote:
spaceace12 wrote:Even though on the day I went, the water splashdown effect wasn't working.

From what I've heard (haven;t been to the park yet to see for myself), the splash has been off all year. I also heard that the jets themselves were removed, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Okay, yeah, now that you guys mention it, I do recall a reading about a splash effect on the last drop--and that did not occur. Luckily, I had forgotten about it. Ignorance is bliss. ;)

I still thought it was a really cool ride.
Erik Allen Elness

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat May 30, 2009 2:28 am

Enjoyed this report, and thank you too for the White Water Canyon shots. Really appreciate those.

Misty really hit one out of the park with that shot of the train and Diamondback.

Well done to the both of you. =)

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive