Photo TR: Cedar Fair's King's Island

A quick, guerilla-style tour of Cedar Point's beaten rival.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 pm

I agree with you---BLSC is one of my favorite coasters at the park!

Rob, Racer and Adventure Express both used to have 44" height requirements. However, in 2005, Racer's height requirement was raised to 48", and the new IJ:ST was given a 48" height requirement as well.

When Cedar Fair took over, they raised AE's height requirement to 48", and added seatbelts to all of the Arrows in the park.

Nice TR, Erik! Just FYI, Flight of Fear is running unusually rough this year. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it has never been this bad since 2000. Were the lights on during your ride?

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Wed May 27, 2009 8:56 pm

You actually had four coasters and four trains, if you count the piece of BLSC in the bottom of that picture.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coolcalicoaster » Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 pm

I am loving this thread for some reason. Nice discussion!
I want to belive the Beast is the greatest wooden coaster ever, but my last few rides, I seem to get really bored after the first drop and the next, and only, great drop on the ride. For historical purposes you want to love it, but in reality, it isn't that great :?r

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SakuraElizabeth » Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 pm

^ It's the trims. They ruin all the fun. :lolr:

^^^ I also noticed Flight of Fear was really rough this year, I wasn't expecting that at all, and it ended up giving me a headache the last time I rode it. :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Wed May 27, 2009 9:37 pm

CPmaverick wrote:^^The day Cedar Fair lowers a height restriction that low is the day I win a million dollars :)

Dominator at Dorney was lowered from 52" to 48" in 2008.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed May 27, 2009 9:43 pm

You hear that CPmaverick---you're rich! ;)

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 pm

CPmaverick wrote:^^The day Cedar Fair lowers a height restriction that low is the day I win a million dollars :)

Millennium Force was 54" in 2000, making me too short to ride. They changed it to 48" the next year.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu May 28, 2009 1:16 am

robbalvey wrote:^ This was Magnum's year...maybe 2010 is The Beast's year.

That's true, but that kind of bothers me, cause the Beast is legendary. I realize Magnum is the first hyper coaster, but the beast is literally famous( there is a book by RL Stein called The Beast, and it is a terrible horror story about the coaster) CF sucks, they should give this coaster the respect it deserves. It may not be the king of terrain coasters(boulder dash is in my opinion, but I have never ridden either) but it still deserves glory.

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 am

That's Sean Flaherty's car. He doesn't really get on coaster boards anymore, or go to any events, but I've known him for 11 years. Nice guy, but doesn't really get along with TPR for some reason or other. He doesn't seem to hold it against me, though.

Glad you had a good time at the park a couple miles from my house!

-James Dillaman

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Emiroo » Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 am

I love this TR!

:lmao: From start to finish, your captions are hilarious! People at work are giving me strange looks because I keep guffawing!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive