Photo TR: Toft's & America's Roller Coast

Searching for the world's best ice cream at Cedar Point.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Feeling like a fat A$$ at Cedar Point

Postby Joey C. » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:14 pm

I totally agree with you regarding their use (overuse) of seatbelts or lengthy ones at that. Last summer while in Columbus for the softball nationals, we ventured to C.P. as opposed to King's Island which was actually closer, but I wanted my wife and daughter to experience Millenium Force. Well after a lengthy wait and counting only 2 trains, we finally got to the station. After I get myself settled in, I notice that my wife is leaving the station. She had to leave because the belt (or lack thereof) didn't fit. Don't get me wrong,She's not large but big arond the middle which is where the belt fits. The bottom line was that she didn't get to ride and there was no concern for my daughter who had to ride alone for the first time. Needless to say, we left because she has never been so humiliated in her life. After calling C.P. on their policy and unprofessionalism,(safety requirements or some other bullshit), I finally decided we should have gone to King's Island instead and I love Cedar Point. So maybe the concern for their patrons is no longer a priority. Just as long as your in the park. Very Disappointed.....

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 pm

For the record, Toft's was absolutely amazing. The only reason I stopped by in the park was because of this trip report, so thanks for introducing me to yet another great thing we just don't have in Maryland!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 am

^ Awesome! My plan is to draw positive attention to Toft's until it can expand to someplace I'd actually want to live, and then move there.

/Been talking up Toft's for years. I guess it just took a photo TR. :P
Erik Allen Elness

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby raptor6 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Electerik wrote:^ Awesome! My plan is to draw positive attention to Toft's until it can expand to someplace I'd actually want to live, and then move there.

Been talking up Toft's for years. I guess it just took a photo TR.

I LOVE Toft's! :lover:

I went to the Sandusky Factory location and had a small orange-pineapple. I seriously had a pint of ice cream for $2.55! The prices at the factory and at Cedar Point are surprisingly very similar ($2.55 verses $2.99). I am so glad that they brought Toft's back to the park after having Ben & Jerry's for a few seasons.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JFrombaugh » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:01 pm

MF is at the top of my steel coaster ladder as well, although probably soon to be surpassed by a bunch of other new steelies!

And to each their own, but I can't think of anyone else I know who thinks Maverick "sucks". Probably just not your type of ride or you're not so good with those Intamin OSTRs.

Joseph "You're in the Maverick Sucks Club all by yourself!" Frombaugh
Favorite Wood: Boardwalk Bullet @ Kemah Boardwalk
Favorite Steel: Millennium Force @ Cedar Point

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 am

JFrombaugh wrote:And to each their own, but I can't think of anyone else I know who thinks Maverick "sucks". Probably just not your type of ride or you're not so good with those Intamin OSTRs.

The OTSRs seemed okay, for OTSRs. The transitions were just nasty. I can't even imagine how bad they would be with traditional OTSRs. But it was more the seat horn that was really uncomfortable for me.

"You're in the Maverick Sucks Club all by yourself!"

No, my girlfriend hated it, too. :P

Anyway, I fully admit it. Its not you, Maverick. It's me. It's just never going to work out between us. We're too different. I'm...I'm sorry.
Erik Allen Elness

I get goeey for Lady GaGa!!!

Location: SoCal - Where you can find the most boring weather ever!

Postby KnottsDisneyFarm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 pm

I really enjoyed that. You gave a really great overview/layout of the park. Thanks.

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive