Photo TR: Toft's & America's Roller Coast

Searching for the world's best ice cream at Cedar Point.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby usctrojansrock11 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:50 pm

I can agree on Maverick with you elekterik. I went to CP a month after it opened, and I really wasn't impressed. I didn't get much airtime, the seats were uncomfortable, and the line was extremely long and not worth the wait. I also really enjoyed magnum. I found more airtime on that than Maverick. However, I really enjoyed Wicked Twister. The seats were fine to me, and it was a great ride. Awesome trip report :)
I can slam a revolving door.
wooden-12
steel-48

Hot Potato!

Postby sfne2005 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:45 pm

"Getting kicked by a gay ninja" made me laugh like I haven't in a while reading TRs. I do however like Maverick...similar to Elissa, I'll take a front row.
Image[/url]

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Amazing shot! Reminds me why I like Thunder Canyon so much.

Mean Streak. Um...it was better than Maverick.

WTF?.....I suppose everyone is entitled to...their own opinions. Again, WTF?

Ok, the shock is over. Maverick is my favorite ride in the park and I even liked it more than Superman at SFNE.

This is really the first I have seen anything of the other rides in the park like the car rides, Paddlewheel Excursions, and the train. Very nice.

And I agree with Cedar Fair's ridiculous safety policy. Seat belts on EVERYTHING. Next thing we know, there will be seat belts on top of other seat belts. However, about the seat belts on Wicked Twister, they have those on V2 at SFDK too, so it's not just a Cedar Fair thing. But I do really hate it when the seatmates interfere with the ride. Take Knott's Ghostrider for example, last time I rode, it seemed like it was going to be a good ride for a change, then at the top of the airtime hill, the metal edge of the seat belt jammed into my lap, breaking the skin and leaving a fairly large wound. Now I remember why I hate that ride. The "CHECK" procedure only really bothers me when they yell into my ear instead of to the other ride ops. It's the little things about Cedar Fair as to why I don't really like them.

Once again, great photos. :)

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat May 30, 2009 12:11 am

Indeed a great report and oh yes, I DO appreciate it GREATLY. =)

Job well done friend.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sat May 30, 2009 1:21 am

^^ Thats pretty surprising? Where did you sit? The trims are generally turned on to hard to get me out of my seat.

The Cedar Fair raped not only my favorite wooden coaster, but my favorite opening year coaster of all time. Ghost

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat May 30, 2009 11:24 am

Goliath513 wrote:
Mean Streak. Um...it was better than Maverick.

WTF?.....I suppose everyone is entitled to...their own opinions. Again, WTF?

Just so we're clear: Mean Streak wasn't actually good. I just really disliked Maverick.

But it's more than just a question of different taste or whatever. I really do think body shape/type has a lot to do with Maverick being so uncomfortable (for me).

My one ride was in the front, by the way.

Take Knott's Ghostrider for example, last time I rode, it seemed like it was going to be a good ride for a change, then at the top of the airtime hill, the metal edge of the seat belt jammed into my lap, breaking the skin and leaving a fairly large wound.

Now this really makes me sad. "The" airtime hill? What have they done to my ride?? (Haven't been on GhostRider since...oh, 2003 maybe....)
Erik Allen Elness

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Sat May 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Millie is definitely a million times better than Mavie (and I'm not talking about my dog Millie- I'm talking about MF)!

I wonder if its a size issue- I didn't like banging my head throughout the entire ride. I also have the same problem on WT that you mentioned and the annoying thing is you can feel the harness lock before the belt gets into its slot so why are the belts not longer? (And again its a chest issue- not a gut issue)

The logic at CP always amazes me. When I worked on CC Mine Ride last year we would be told to add a 3rd train. The ride gets 80 more passengers per hour with the third train on. Because she is an OLD arrow CC has to have weight in her trains when they are 1st put on and it takes about 20 minutes to add a train and another 20 minutes to take it off. In that 40 minutes you lose like 1200 riders. Also with only one lap bar setting you get almost every train stuck in the station for longer than usual because of people that have too much around the middle and the 3rd train stops on the lift- every cycle (partially because they took the block brake out that used to be before the last helix).

They can't do basic math!

PS: Is it true that due to a lawsuit they now have to pay their employees overtime? If that's true I'd expect a lot of downtime this summer because even when employees worked 70+ hours a week they had trouble fully staffing the park.
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Sat May 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Being a local I see in the Register periodically of people suing Cedar Point. It happenes constantly! They have to have these rediculous saftey procedures and signs for legal reasons.

Also I gotta give a shout out to Tofts as well it is a great place!

Finally I never have any issues on Maverick as far as head banging, etc. In fact the only ride at CP that's ever gave me a headache or any kind of pain is Corkscrew lol.

Always enjoy reading trip reports from people not from around the park and I enjoyed yours. Thanks.

Tom

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mr.Wood » Sat May 30, 2009 2:53 pm

I always reading reports from parks outside Calif. I don't get an opportunity to go to other parks. Thanks for the update. We all really enjoy it.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Sat May 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Oh by the way forgot to mention the "random pirate theming" on Millennium Island is stuff left over from Halloweekends. Last year they had a pirate themed haunted walkway around the island.

Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive