Photo TR: SeaWorld Orlando

Dare ye take the Kraken Challenge?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 am

larrygator wrote:Thanks Erik, I put some of your pictures in the Park Index.

Thanks, Larry. I'm a big fan of the park index, and I definitely take that as a compliment. :b (And I'm glad I finally figured out my camera. :P)

It is a beautiful park--the rival of BGE, even. And I think that, in the past, I've made the same mistake that many coaster enthusiasts do by treating it as just a place to pick up a credit or two. But there really is quite a bit more to do there.
Erik Allen Elness

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome pics & TR. I wish I can spend more than two hours at Sea World when I'm there for my Senior Trip in June but I'm just doing a credit run on Manta & the kiddie & maybe one or two rides on Kraken & JTA if I have time. It has been four years since I've been to Sea World & I forgot how great their theming was.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

Resident Asian

Postby revilolee » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Great trip report. Looks way better than I imagined lol. Hopefully I can get down there sometime this year.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 pm

That is some great pictures.

I can't wait until the end of June when I get to visit Orlando for the first time.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:43 am

My first ever attempt at posting a video on TPR. Keep your fingers crossed.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Erik Allen Elness

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby sfmmrules! » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 am

Nice pictures! I'd like to go to Sea World again. I've only been once-in 1995!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Hand 0f Time » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 am

Very nice TR & pics. Had fun looking through them.

The Sepia JtA picture was absolutely beautiful. I would reccommend sending that for the challenge, if possible. :b

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:11 am

Erik, most awesome SWO Photo TR. (Two acronyms in one sentence! Woo hoo! lol) I haven't been there since May 2005. I am definitely psyched about using my D40X at this park, more than any park I will be visiting in July. The colors and theming are amazing! I would definitely say you figured your camera out with the quickness. Your photos are amazing! Me, I have had mine since Dec 2007, and I still stuck on mostly auto features. I am fighting the manual features, but have been trying to take advantage of the shutter priorities for the dark pics. I am slowly learning. Maybe one day I can graduate into the other features. :)

I may beg to differ about your Shamu Kraken pic though. I almost feel that I spy the train going up the lift behind the trees.... I can't blow it up with enough clarity on my pc, maybe you can check it out?

edit: I am definitely down for the Kraken challenge, if you want to wait until July that is! (Hopefully I remember!) Any rules?
erik's train.JPG

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:18 am

^ No rules beyond what I already laid out. You just have to get a Kraken train and something else cool that moves. You know, like a shark eating a penguin or something.

In any case, it was just a silly thing for fun. So, remember, there are no prizes. :P

I look forward to your TR in July.
Closeup.jpg
Oh, and I don't think there's a train here, but appreciate you working for me. ;)
Erik Allen Elness

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Hey it was worth a shot! ;)

Of course for fun! I love taking pics, and I will take a zillion anyhow, so I may as well try and make it interesting while there!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive