Photo TR: Six Flags Over Georgia

And Georgia Aquarium photos on page 4.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:08 pm

TheRapidsNerd wrote:
FAIL! Not a single rapids shot.

Oh dear! What was I thinking??

I now approve this already well done TR. ;)
The aquarium portion was an enjoyable welcome addition. Thank you kindly sir! =)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby jkwan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:44 pm

My cousin had a wedding at the aquarium and they served fish. The food there was very good.
Ex wave pool lifeguard at Six Flags White Water in Atlanta from 06-08.
Attractions Cast Member at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Looks like you chose the better weekend to go to SFOG... My friends drove all the way from Ohio and had terrible luck with the weather this weekend. Cold and rain kept the park pretty much closed all weekend. They didn't even ride a single coaster. Their first day the park opened but closed only after an hour and a half and it was reported that less than 200 guests showed up to the park on both Sat. and Sun.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 am

Very awesome TR! Thank you for posting. I totally loved the aquarium. It IS huge! You have an Olympus right? I was trying to peg down the model number to check it out. I loved your shots.

SFOG reminds me of SFGA. I guess because of the similar rides they have, Nitro (although named differently), Superman, Batman... Would it be worth it for me to ever check this park out? And also GASM - but this one is not the same as ours. I wonder why parks would name rides that are completely different, the same name. Totally baffles me. :( I would make a pit stop on my drive down to Orlando this year, if I did not have to get there to meet someone within a certain time.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:37 am

Lenaapple1974 wrote:You have an Olympus right? I was trying to peg down the model number to check it out. I loved your shots.

How on Earth did you know that??

Anyway, yes. It's an Olympus Tough 6000. But some of the photos are from Misty's camera, which is a Pentax Optio W10.

This was actually my first park with my new camera, and I honestly wasn't very happy with the results. By the end of the trip, though, I had the camera pretty much figured out, and now I'm very happy with it. I'm sure I'll have more trip reports up in the next couple weeks--and those will be better. =)
Erik Allen Elness

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:12 am

Electerik wrote: I'm sure I'll have more trip reports up in the next couple weeks--and those will be better. =)

Don't sell this one short though. It was definitely enjoyable.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:41 am

Electerik wrote:
Lenaapple1974 wrote:You have an Olympus right? I was trying to peg down the model number to check it out. I loved your shots.

How on Earth did you know that??

Anyway, yes. It's an Olympus Tough 6000. But some of the photos are from Misty's camera, which is a Pentax Optio W10.

This was actually my first park with my new camera, and I honestly wasn't very happy with the results. By the end of the trip, though, I had the camera pretty much figured out, and now I'm very happy with it. I'm sure I'll have more trip reports up in the next couple weeks--and those will be better. =)

Ah...Ancient Chinese secret! ;) Actually I saved one of the pics to see because I liked the picture quality. You can just tell the difference, even if you were't at your best yet with it, the quality of camera. I saw the model number and looked it up. LOL. I definitely enjoyed this TR, and look forward to your future reports! Now, when you go on rides, what do you do with your camera? I am scared to bring my good one (Nikon D40X) because I dont want it to get stolen while I am on the rides.

Doesn't know how to spell "Enthusiast."

Postby Six Flags Enthuseast » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 pm

That's pretty cool! A huge aquarium is pretty cool, a lot cooler than one of those cheap ones. =)

Happy Magic Water Cube

Postby Jds03 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Did you get your slide credit? :b

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks for sharing!
I love aquariums, and I have always wanted to visit this one.

P.S. I also think your photos turned out pretty damn good. I know it's super hard for me to take good photos of aquariums, so I can appreciate how clear and non grainy they are.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive