Photo TR: Bremen fair, Germany (including Olympia Looping)

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby john_phillips235 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks for the comments

The KMG Inversion - well, I've ridden this one and Dominator in Holland (both at their debut fairs, oddly enough). Both had the cars locked into place most of the time, and the ride was fairly average. Occasionally, Flash released the cars, and the ride became unbelivably intense - even by German fair standards. I think KMG may have messed up their calculations, and may have to work out how to run these rides in future!

And no, I've not heard of any pay-one-price fairs in Germany, mainly because a fair tens to be made up of rides from many different showmen. We have a few pay-one-price fairs in the UK, but I really hate them, as they tend to have no atmosphere, as the showmen have less incentive to hype things up.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby SeaWhippet » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Excellent post and pics! I envy you Brits for your proximity to the German fairs. They truly are amazing. I've been fortunate to visit both Oktoberfest in Munich and the Cannstatter Volksfest in Stuttgart and can attest to their unequaled intensity. I keep hoping to see Wiener Looping (now that Wieland S. has restored it) back on the fair circuit ... :roll:

Cheers!

-S

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby itnotfair » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Now that's a freakin' fair!

That indoor traveller is insane! And the triple decker flume is equally so.

To quote the Sham-Wow pitch man:

The Germans always make good stuff, right?
;)

Thanks for posting!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Cygnus12 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Nice TR! I really need to get myself over to Germany next year and go to one of these fairs. For a flatride lover like myself, it would be heaven. lol

Also, I remember seeing a video of one of those Inversion rides when the seats were unlocked; the way they would snap and spin looked really viscious!

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive