Photo TR: Busch Gardens Europe, August 18-21, 2008

99 pictures...I got a little click happy.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:54 am

Misty presents New France. Which is really just Canada...which is not in Europe. What happened here, guys?

My theory is that they needed a way to justify a log flume and a barbeque restaurant (hey, those French fur trappers and lumberjacks gotta eat). That being said, the flume ride uses lashed-together beer barrels, not logs, so my theory is pretty much nonsense.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:33 am

cfc wrote:My theory is that they needed a way to justify a log flume and a barbeque restaurant (hey, those French fur trappers and lumberjacks gotta eat). That being said, the flume ride uses lashed-together beer barrels, not logs, so my theory is pretty much nonsense.

Well, I appreciate the effort. :)

While I've got you here, Chuck, where is Alpengeist supposed to be? France? Germany? Canada? Switzerland? I just can't figure it out. :P
923IMGP0363.JPG
Also, what does this sign mean? Is that, like, some kind of mythological chicken or something?
Erik Allen Elness

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 am

^Alpengeist is in Germany, which happens to be located in Williamsburg, Va.

The creature above is the legendary Weresquirrel of Bavaria. It is said that under the light of the full moon, some people transform into six-foot-tall, bloodthirsty weresquirrels who will attack you for your nuts.

Yes, they want to rip off your nuts!

This sign merely designates that this area is a weresquirrel-free zone.

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 pm

^^What I want to know is what kind of freak creature has only 3 toes/claws on one foot and SIX on the other?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby All Clear » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Hellooo. A weresquirell. Please pay attention.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Luka » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Electerik wrote:It's a Pentax Optio E40. It was the smallest point and shoot I could find that took standard AA batteries. It's not bad. But my approach to photography is just to take a lots and lots of photos, and then pick out the good ones. I think I actually took, like, 1800 pictures to get those 99. :P

I do the exact same thing, I end up deleting 95% percent of all the photo's I take.

Thanks for the info ::)

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 am

Luka wrote:I do the exact same thing, I end up deleting 95% percent of all the photo's I take.

Oh...deleting! That would free up some hard drive space, I suppose. :P

I always have in mind that I'll use those old, not-as-good pictures for something. But I haven't, so far.
Floor.jpg
Bonus weirdness pic!
Erik Allen Elness

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive