Photo TR - East Coast Tour 2008 - The C-Jay Perspective

Pre-Game to the Last Day! Knoebels P-10
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:31 am

Nice TR so far, dude ... and yes, KHAN RULES THE SKIES !!! lol. Well, at least in the steelie league. But I have to admit some rides came really close, and sometimes rides I didn't expect anything of. Jay, please tell me you got pics of our raid at the bar near Dorney... This moment was priceless. I miss you dude

Title Fairy Sycophant

Postby generaleclectic » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 am

Now I'm depressed.

Primarily because I've started missing everyone again....

Secondly Jason, your camera adds 15 pounds. I mean seriously... Do I need to start a patch jacket? LOL
(23:52:23) Band-Aid: I'd hug anything furry

[url=http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41995]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby stingrock23 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:36 am

Good report so far, and it was nice to meet you on the trip. It's too bad the only time we hung out was at the bar, although having a big table of us at the hopping bar by Dorney was a great experience. Hope to see you on another TPR trip down the line.
2007 TPR Midwest Trip,2008 TPR East Coast Trip,2009 TPR Deep South Trip

Postby Dragon Khan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:17 am

Oh, by the way, Jay... You triggered something in me... and this is NOT sexual lol. I was not a flat ride freak before... but riding so many spin'n'pukes (or whatever we may call them) with you was GREAT fun. The 3 different Frisbee-types, the insane Maelström, my first ever (!) Rotor at Compounce, the "dunno how this ride is called" at Knoebels, the Pirat Ships at several parks, but probably one of the funniest moments was when I had the honour of riding 2 (yes, TWO !!!) drop towers with you. (the double shot at Playland, and the slow scary thing at Morey's Piers). I promise you will ride Dalton Terror one day. Yes Sir, you WILL !

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 pm

KerryB wrote:I'm lovin' the TR, Jason! I really wish I had come up early for the pre-game day now. I missed out on extra fun and getting to know you guys even earlier. I am also at 148 coasters now...If I had gone the pre-game day I would be over 150!

Kerry thanks for the post! It would have been cool but I think you were hanging out with some cool people in the meantime! Glad we were n'sync with our marathon ERT coaster and dark ride riding! It was a blast.

Krazekiddd wrote:Ok, what's the deal with everyone having horrid photos of me! In all seriousness, I'm having way too much fun in David's lap. Apparently I didn't fall cause um, I have my blanket on us.

Well, there are some brutal shots of us all I'm sure. Hmm..way to ruin it I didn't want to get you in trouble with anyone *cough, Eli, *cough (I'm just kidding around man!)

Hang And Bang wrote:Large pole + horse = happy John! The only way that ride could've been better is if the pole was labeled "Smoker's Pole". BTW what's up with me looking like the freakin' Crypt Keeper in the Zoomerang pic?! Oh well, I love it anyway!

generaleclectic wrote:Secondly Jason, your camera adds 15 pounds. I mean seriously... Do I need to start a patch jacket? LOL

Scott, John, Eli, way too funny! Trust me, there are some pics of me that I've seen where I look like the overlord of the crypt keeper, sometimes more than 15 pounds heavier looking so not to worry lol

Downunder wrote:I'd forgotten about Quassy, I rode the Mouse with Rich (who is a cop) and he said he was never more scared on a coaster, I was just whatever - my indifference to near death experiences is not good.

Brent, honestly, thank you for being that way because it gave many of us the courage to actually go on crazy S**t like that mouse and even a drop tower.

HerBlackWings wrote:Yeah, great. And I wasn't even in THE cerebral palsy seat.

Chris, you can't tell at all! That is an awesome pose! I mean..if there is a special seat on coasters for people creating such magnificent poses, let me know and we'll take it next time haha

Stingrock23 wrote:Good report so far, and it was nice to meet you on the trip. It's too bad the only time we hung out was at the bar, although having a big table of us at the hopping bar by Dorney was a great experience. Hope to see you on another TPR trip down the line.

Thanks Jason, same to you man! I'm definitely planning on another trip at some point for sure so we'll have to bring some of the Dorney craziness to the parks.

Eric - Thanks for the note. That mouse really was insane, a real thrill ride.

Olivier - what can I say? As Jason also said, Dorney was pure craziness. Thanks for the note. I can't believe you saw me that nervous on the double shot and drop tower. I don't think I can go through that again for a while but you never know. Looking at the gyrodrop at KD made me sick. Glad I could add another convert to the flat ride dark side! Regardless I owed you that Drop Tower in exchange for trying to make you puke in the tea cups.

Postby Dragon Khan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 am

^was my pleasure, old chap ! As well as riding some of the wettest rides with you too... Do you think WE sank the boat on Pompei (lift top) or is it just the way this thing is supposed to ride ? I also wanted to kick your A$$ after our ride on Roman Rapids... you know ? When Selwyn and I were drenched because YOU wanted to ride it ? lol. As for the beer on a next trip, you can count on me for doing the same as this year: knock on your door with a couple of bottles... Can't believe I forgot some in the hotel room's fridge. Oh, and if you want the video interview of us being stuck on Apollo's Chariots' mid course brake run, just tell me, it's on my pc already ! lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:07 am

^The same thing happened to us on Pompeii, Olivier. We got to the top of the lift and water poured over the front of the boat.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:16 am

Olivier: Hmm….that was all Selwyn. He wanted to ride the Roman Rapids….and how sweet it was that he was the only one who got soaked! I bet you’re already telling your kids about this craziness haha

I’ve got a copy of the video and love it. That and the one on the paddle geese, which will be posted up here at some point.

Eric, Pompeii was crazy! Robb said we’d get soaked on Rapids and could dry off a bit because of the fires in Pompeii. I think the opposite happened to us with those rides. But no fire was great enough to dry off our legs and feet after the tidal wave came into the boat. The shoot the chutes at Dorney did the same to an extent in the front row, but not nearly as much as Pompeii, where our boat actually dipped under for a quick second lol

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 am

Pompeii in the front seat sucked! I remember David warning me but I thought that was for the drop, but no! As soon as we got up the lift, the boat dipped under the water and poured all over our feet.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby KerryB » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 am

^Yup...same thing in our boat as well! What I loved was Bas telling us that we wouldn't get wet on that ride. Then we of course all got soaked!

Jason, are you saying that you somehow avoided the organized drenching of the Roman Rapids ride? I'm not sure if Robb was still there or not when we went through. I couldn't see due to all of the water hitting me in the face. I do know that he had passed along words of wisdom to the people waiting there so they would be able to completely drown us! Oh well, why go on a water themed ride and stay dry!

I'm one of the crazies that doesn't believe in an unacceptable amount of wetness...it's just the chill factor that can be an issue post soaking! (and a little revealing at that.... :oops: )

Dorney was still the craziest water park experience for me...I don't think we have any photographic/video proof, but I know we launched at least three kids on the water slide! Too much fun!!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive