The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

The *MASSIVE* Update Posted! Page 63!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm

^ Aww, thanks!

KerryB wrote:I'll be heading to Scarowinds at some point this Fall if nothing else. There will probably be a few NC School of the Arts guys coming along, but I promise they don't bite. They're movie geeky, but I'm trying to adapt them to Coaster geeky as well.

Well, I used to be a clarinet performance major at Indiana University, so I'm quite music geeky. Let's see - music geeks, movie geeks, coaster geeks, and School of Artsy Fartsy geeks. Those are a lot of geeky titles to be split among so few separate people. Wow, we'd practically be a Star Trek convention unto our selves.

I like it. :8)

What part of NC are you in? I don't have any plans right now to go to Scarowinds, mainly because I'm saving my money for Scandi '09 and every penny counts. Plus, Carowinds is still a 3 hour drive from me, and gas ain't cheep. But by the time October rolls around, the TPR trips will probably be announced, and I'll have a better idea of where I stand financially. If I can swing it, I'd love to join you guys. We'll talk when the time gets closer. ::)

PM me any time! I think I'm starting to sway this thread down the dreaded path of Off Topic Lane.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 am

^Scandi '09? Nat, aren't you the one who is scared of flying (a boat ride wouldn't seem practical)?

You are so not a nerd, your group was like the Heathers of the trip (but in a nice way) - though I guess I've got my jock who's a nerd on the inside thing.

I remember you saying "I'm a southern girl" you have no idea how exotic that sounded to an Aussie lad. Southern girls in Sydney are all blonde beach girls from Cronulla.

Back on topic, as far as withdrawals go, I'm missing the weather, it's freezing downunder, and they make me go out on fields in shorts and a playing shirt. I'm also missing Phoenix and Boulder Dash - I think we will soon be mourning Boulder Dash, once the trims go in, at least we got her at her finest.

Postby natatomic » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:30 am

downunder wrote:^Scandi '09? Nat, aren't you the one who is scared of flying (a boat ride wouldn't seem practical)?

YES. I have a crippling phobia of flying. But I had SO much fun on the B/RF Trip - and I've always wanted to go to Sweden - that I decided to look into some classes/shock therapy/hypnosis/really heavy medication to help me get over that. Plus, I've already talked to Robbie (All Clear), and if we both go to Scandinavia, we'll fly out of the same airport, and he's agreed to hold the brown paper bag to my face and remind me to breathe, and I've agreed to let him take pictures of my panic for his trip report. Win win.

I remember you saying "I'm a southern girl" you have no idea how exotic that sounded to an Aussie lad. [/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, southerners are toothless hicks in America. Stereotypically, of course. But thank you. At least I'm exotic in some parts of the world. ::)

Postby ginzo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:38 am

natatomic wrote:YES. I have a crippling phobia of flying. But I had SO much fun on the B/RF Trip - and I've always wanted to go to Sweden - that I decided to look into some classes/shock therapy/hypnosis/really heavy medication to help me get over that.

Just have the doc prescribe you some Xanax to take when you're on the plane. You'll be fine.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Postby Moose » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:38 am

Natomic, if you find something that helps (besides drugs) please let me know. I want to bring the bf to disney but he is petrified of flying.

^Joe, Xannies (as we call them) were what we were thinking. Possibly mixed with some sort of libation.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:43 am

^ When you get the monorail network designed, then you'll be set. A bullet monorail from New England to Disney sounds good. ;)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby ginzo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:59 am

moose wrote:Natomic, if you find something that helps (besides drugs) please let me know. I want to bring the bf to disney but he is petrified of flying.

^Joe, Xannies (as we call them) were what we were thinking. Possibly mixed with some sort of libation.

Mixing sedatives with alcohol is probably a bad idea. If you get a strong enough dose of Xanax, you really shouldn't need anything else. It's quite a powerful drug when used in the higher doses.

I think I'll get a Xanax prescription to try and sleep for my next big international flight. I tried Ambien for flying to Paris, but that just didn't cut it. They kept waking me up with their stupid middle of the night cabin service.

Postby natatomic » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 am

ginzo wrote:Just have the doc prescribe you some Xanax to take when you're on the plane. You'll be fine.

I tried Xanax last time I flew, and it definitely DID NOT WORK. And it was only an hour and a half flight! I think you underestimate my world-class ability to freak the heck out.

No, I definitely need something to knock me on my @ss.

Postby ginzo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:01 pm

natatomic wrote:
ginzo wrote:Just have the doc prescribe you some Xanax to take when you're on the plane. You'll be fine.

I tried Xanax last time I flew, and it definitely DID NOT WORK. And it was only an hour and a half flight! I think you underestimate my world-class ability to freak the heck out.

No, I definitely need something to knock me on my @ss.

What was the dose? A really high amount, like 5 mg, would probably do the trick. You're going to have a harder time getting someone to give you the big guns, like Thorazine or barbiturates.

You can always test out whatever they give you ahead of time to see if it knocks you out. The really strong stuff will give you a wicked headache when you wake up and leave you feeling dopey, possibly for days afterward.

Postby Carnage » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Horse tranquilizers? :lolr:

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive