Photo TR: Jahan's Awesome TPR-Midwest Trip Report!

Day 11 - Kings Island (and Stricker's Grove) - Page 32!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:10 am

“We” don’t get to EAT turkey for Thanksgiving, rather order pizza and eat WITH the turkeys. All that “calling” for nothing! So dumboingly anti-climactic!

Thanks for totally giving away the ending, Jahan!

You're still off to a great start, though.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:01 am

This has been very entertaining so far. Keep it up!

And thank you for the "rant" about the loose items policy at HW. Too often this is glossed over by people, because they get ERT or free fudge or whatever. This is a major problem, both the policy (stuff in a cargo pocket with a zipper is NOT a loose item) and the way it's enforced (there is no reason the ride operators need to be so rude about this). For a park that's always being praised for the "politeness" of the employees, it seems like this policy and its enforcement is a dirty little secret that keeps getting swept under the rug. There is no sane reason for it, and it seems like it is having a negative impact on guest satisfaction. It is certainly something that needs a serious review.

Anyway, looking forward to the next installment...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Absimilliard » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 am

Oh my... after working at Disneyland Paris as a ride op on Space Mountain (which has 3 loops...) and enforcing the complete opposite of HW loose article policy, I'm just baffled at them... We told people to keep their bags, glasses, etc. with them. Put your bags at your feet and they won't fall down. Glasses? Unless they're really loose, no problems! Its ridiculous and I guess the park has that "great park aura" that means that stuff like this that would get pointed out and used against some parks just gets ignored. I'll visit HW for the first time this year and based on a few TR's here, I'm not planning a full day and we'll try to hit SFKK the same day.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:24 am

The loose article policy is puzzling. The same kind of thing happened to me in Japan on Thunder Dolphin. All your pockets had to be empty even if they were zippered but they didn't make me take off my sun glasses that didn't have a strap. Go figure

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Nemesis Inferno » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:27 am

^^Indeed, so many people get confused when going to Disney, leaving their bags on the side then looking shocked when they get told to take them on with them...

Indeed, most problems I get is with shoes on the Vampire, you have to wear them because of the 'cheese-grater' style steps for evacuation... So imagine walking down them in bare feet... Not nice, yet even with annoucements people still leave their shoes off... I hate guests sometimes... *continues to rant in corner*

Great TR btw... ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 am

HW is the only park out of over 100 that has ever made me put my "coaster hat" off to the side as oppsed to in my pocket. They were total dicks about it to me and my dad. Personally I think "robotic" service is almost as bad as crappy service. Robotic service is my biggest complaint with CF. I still say Adventureland in IA is the best, most real service I have ever encountered at a park.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 am

Has Ryan gotten over his constipation that he displays in each picture.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:24 am

I pretty much agree with almost all of Jahan's views.

Also, bringing up the Disney policy reminded me of doing New Years Eve at MGM a few years back. I had a giant Disney NYE Hat, Noisemaker, Jacked, Backpack...they told me to take it all with me on Rock n Roller Coaster!

Guess what? It was all fine! So many parks strive to meet Disney's quality, standards, and operating procedures...do it!!!!

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Nice pics Jahan!! That little coaster in the 1st set of pics could fit perfectly right in my back yard. That would be cool :br

Oh my cherries!

Postby gotdane » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:55 pm

While I understand the no loose articles on the coasters...it still isn't needed.

I'll echo the "people being shocked at Disney when they're told to carry their items" stories. I get so many "I thought it was better to leave our items off the ride!?" everytime I ask a guest to hold onto their backpacks/whatevers.

Anyways, I can't wait to get back on Voyage. THAT blew me away. Raven was fun but I couldn't help but want to go get in line for Voyage again instead of Raven. Voyage at night was ridiculous cause there was only one light out on the track and it was at the top of the triple-down tunnel, and you could only see that light when you were on the MCBR. It was just pitch black. And doing what Voyage does when it's pitch black...insane.

I didn't care for much at Holiday World though. Free drinks, Raven and Voyage...thats all it is to me. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive