The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

MASSIVE Update Posted! Page 88
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
You just lost the game

Postby the sound » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:06 am

Hmmm, from the video, it didn't really look like Maverick was very well themed, wasn't it supposed to be?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby CaseyFish » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:44 am

HerBlackWings wrote:

p.s. Who has the pic of me launching over the bar and grabbing her throat???

Hmmmm....I wonder who has that picture. I don't know maybe the guy you keep picking on! It will be coming up I promise. I hope to do some tonight before I am gone for a couple of days in Vegas.

Oh my cherries!

Postby gotdane » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:46 am

^^Themed? Eh, I'd say it was "landscaped" very nicely. The canyon walls, trees, queue house, launch tunnel all looked great!

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:14 pm

For a Cedar Point/Fair coaster I thought it was well themed.

Dick doesn't like spending money on theming it seems, he'd rather spend that money on the ride itself.

But the queue, "rock" walls, station and a few other spots are all themed. No they're not Disney quality, but this is Cedar Point!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:54 pm

To answer your question, the sound, yes it was. In the CGI visualization there were certain bits of theming that arent there. The tunnel over the turn before the twisted horseshoe, that wierd mine shaft thingy over one of the turns, and the waterfall (yes the rock structure is there, no there's no water) @ the s-curve all arent in place...

However, that doesnt mean Cedar Point doesnt have plans to put them in at a later date...oh who am I kidding. Maverick'll probably never see those things put in!
if life gives you lemons, squeeze them in lifes eyes and make it beg for mercy :devil:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Saecron » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:49 pm

Sweet! nice picture of our Milph can. That little holder was actually made from the cardboard rolls that our printer paper comes on. The PH of course stands for photo, as that photo was taken in our photo booth. A shame I missed you guys...I was working Maverick that day, but I had the early morning "rain rain rain" shift.

In case you didn't notice, James (another ride photo sales associate I work with) turned MilfPH into a clever acronym: "Midgets in leotards fit perfectly here."

Seiousy, though, last year everyone on the Force Photo crew bought hoodies saying "got milfph?" that hoodie is featured in one of the display photos on the counter.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:08 pm

Well, I failed at having all the midwest updates done before getting to Japan. On the plus side I am sitting at a nice internet cafe overlooking Tokyo while I am writing this! (ok, who am I kidding, there is a wall outside of this window!)

Anyway, today was Kennywood, and the park really treated us well! First up was ERT on Racer, which is a mobius loop coaster, so for those of you who know what that means you basically need to ride both sides to get the "full credit", well, lucky for us Kennywood ran us around TWICE without getting out of the seat!

Anyway, I am battling the crazy Japanese keyboard to type, so I will just post photos instead (thats all you are here to se anyway, right?) =)
kw01.jpg
Hey who are all those ugly people over there?
kw02.jpg
Racer might very well be one of the most "fun!" coasters on the whole trip just based on hand slapping good time!
kw03.jpg
Nadia is all "there is something very familiar about this...."
kw04.jpg
More random hand slappiness.
kw05.jpg
NOTE! We are professional "Coaster Hand Slappers!" Do not try this at your local amusement park. You end up with an extra appendage in your lap!
kw06.jpg
I was done with hand slap photos but the look on Terrance's face (or whatever the hell alien creature that is) was priceless!
kw07.jpg
RACER POV!!!! Damn those bastards for getting so far ahead of us!
kw08.jpg
Yes Ted, very good. We see...Thank you very much! =)
kw09.jpg
"I can't seem to find the Thunderbolt anywhere...can someone please point me in the right direction?"
kw10.jpg
THUNDERBOLT POV!!!! Oooooh....
kw11.jpg
I think I've got the picture from the other side!
kw12.jpg
Hey wait...how did we get on Phantom? Did someone jump?
kw13.jpg
Random twisty Phantom.
kw14.jpg
Ladies and gentlemen. I now present you with.... "The WORST photo of Elissa EVER taken!!!" Wes would be proud. (The pic of Dave is pretty god awful too!!!) =)
kw15.jpg
Elissa has no friends.
kw16.jpg
"All balls come deflated"
kw18.jpg
"Yay! I finally get a credit on this trip!"
kw19.jpg
Random tip - when they said the toilets in the kids area were "small" I didn't think they were actually for Cabbage Patch Dolls!!! =)
kw21.jpg
We got a nice little backstage tour of Phanton, Thunderbolt, and Jack Rabbit! Thanks Kennywood!!! (Lots more pics will be in our full update!)
kw22.jpg
Happy Airtime People!
kw24_casey.jpg
TJ loves to get wipped!
kw26_chris.jpg
Yo dawg. Me be chillin with my alien friend. "Nice work on that Terrance anal cavity probe."

Photo by Chris
kw27_chris.jpg
"Hey ladies...we are some sexy as funk TPR men who can show you a wild night of passion and luxury."
kw30_erik.jpg
A gaggle of idiots.
Photo by Erik
kw31_tex.jpg
And finally we end this update with the most amazing photo ever taken....Chris in a fancy tiara!!!

Photo by Tex

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:12 pm

Aww I would have rode with elissa on the tower. I love drop towers.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby terrancew_hod » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:50 pm

:lmao:

That's the second time that day that expression was captured on film! I was trying to do the handslap and we hit a bump and I had to yank that hand in!

Terry "Always with a crazy look on his face" Weaver
Terry's Revamped Website - Maybe I'll post the last day of my Midwest Trip Eventually!

My Myspace Page

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Elissa looks like (Dancing With the Stars/former Flygirl) Carrie Ann Inaba!!

How low were those toilets?? LOL!!

Have a great time in Japan!

Shari

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive