Photo TR: IAAPA 2006

TPR Style!! - New Photos Page 6
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby exmouse » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 am

Although attendance has been down, a lot of exhibitors have said that the quality of the attendees has been higher. ie. less people going for a mooch round and more people going to spend money. Plus without other distractions around like Disney parks people are spending more time on the shop floor.

I believe the Screaming Swing on show is actually a travelling version designed for carnivals/ fun fairs. Not sure if this is the first one that was at the State Fair of Texas back in October of it is another one off the production line.

Not sure why B&M need to come up with a new concept in coasters. They seem to be doing pretty well with their current offerings. They built 6 new coasters this year, only 2002 was a better year with 7 new coasters. OK Vekoma and the like sell more coasters than B&M but Ford sell more cars than Mercedes.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kidcoaster » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:09 pm

It reminds me of I-X indoor amusment park
Ken Jones

CLP will be back!!!

R.I.P. Geauga Lake 1888-2007

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby GURZU » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:04 am

Nice photos! I like then! xD

The next stop.... Sevilla! Oeoeoeoeoe :airtimer:

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:49 pm

For those who really don't know...the man on the left is Walter Bolliger:

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:56 pm

kidcoaster wrote:It reminds me of I-X indoor amusment park

Gotta love that catchy theme song.

"At the... I-X Amusement Park"

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:39 pm

BDG wrote:For those who really don't know...the man on the left is Walter Bolliger

That man is a total player, see?:

Colin C

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Coasterboy2 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 am

I Really have to go to iaapa someday. Looks nice and the amusement business is what i'm after. :) Don't you have more foto's? I enjoyed them. ;)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby hifalling » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:20 am

I am big dork! But I love this game! SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! Even when your drunk!
img_2649_738.jpg
FLAMIN' FINGER!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby KingOfNynex2003 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:45 am

I would love to go to that, check out a bunch of the new rides that would be coming out the next year, do you know if you need to be part of the media to go to this thing? I'm an ACE member but I haven't heard of an event that goes to the IAAPA yet.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:28 pm

music11 wrote:I agree with everyone on the B&M issue about how that dont come up with new ideas lately. i think that they should come up with some new ideas for new coasters cause there last design was a flying coaster which is like 4 years old now.

I'm just curious, how many new ways to ride a coaster do we really need? Are you expecting to be hanging from your ankles while you negotiate a suspended track? Or how about by your neck......they could call it Noose: The Coaster. :roll:

they need to stay ahead of the game if they want to last cause who knows how long people are really going to want hyper, floorless, flying, etc. coasters in the future

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that people will continue to flock to a beemer of any design, and the major parks are well aware of this. B&M is like the Honda of the industry. While Intamin does an excellent job of covering a wide array of thrill rides, B&M knows their bread and butter. It's like the Civic. Honda realized early on that they had a winner on their hands, and rather than put the award winning models on the shelf with all their trophies, they continued to simply improve upon it. Year after year, they have simply introduced a slightly better model. The result: countless years of it being the world's best selling small to midsize car.

The same applies for B&M, and they understand this concept. The only reason they've been knocked lately (think Hydra, Silver Bullet, Patriot) is because their customers haven't been willing to be creative enough in their coaster designs. Some examples of creativity.....Sheikra, Black Mamba and SFOG's Goliath. It's the same basic concept as RCT. Tunnels, trees, water, etc. are simple sollutions to heighten the thrill and excitement factor. They're the same B&M elements you feel are old, yet the aforementioned three examples were critically acclaimed.

Also, they are proven efficient people-eating machines. I can't imagine too many big park chains lining up to purchase the next unproven gimmick coaster if Intamin, GCI, GG, and B&M are available and afordable. And as far as Vekoma goes.....yes, from the reviews I've read, it appears that they've improved a bit. However, beyond the good reviews Kumali received over the summer, I can't remember too many huge crowds rushing out to ride the next big Vekoma.....other than Everest. And speaking of which, that's another coaster that proves my earlier point about theming and surroundings. Put that thing in the middle of nowhere, and it's just a smooth Vekoma......yawn. Put a $100 million mountain around it, and it turns heads.

Griffon, Hollywood: The Ride (or whatever it's being called), and the upcoming Hard Rock Park beemer with a supposed on-ride audio system......yeah B&M should really watch their back. Those sands of the hourglass are slipping away on their reign.

Scott "yep, another boring day at work" B.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive