TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Reviews Thread

Homer

You know the drill, review the movie you have just seen on DVD/VHS/TV or at the movies.

Last night I saw the new CGI film from the same studio that brought 2002's Ice Age called Robots.

Robots was about a Robot named Rodney Copperbottom that was a young and aspiring inventor. Moving from his small town to Robot City to see his idol, Bigweld, to see if he would like his invention. Sadly, Rodney did not hear that Bigweld vanished two years before Rodney arrived at Robot City to hear that Bigweld Industries was taken over by Ratchet. Ratchet was evil and greedy, like any bad guy. He wanted all of the robot's to get upgrades since he stopped making parts for older robots such as many of the characters in the film.

The movie had me laugh so many times because of the cheap jokes that occurred every 3 seconds. Some of them included that Fender dancing bit, cheap fart joke, and (seen in preview) the dog when Rodney says "Who wants to get fixed!?" It turned out to be great, like something Pixar would churn out with cheap humor. A bit short too, but I liked it, I give a 8/10.

Also, there was another Ice Age teaser before Robots involving another scene with the Squirrel and acorn. Except halfway through the scene it said "TO BE CONTINUED", thats it, no "Ice Age 2, coming..." So we stayed after the credits to see if something would happen, nope, Im pissed off since we sat through 6 minutes of credits and saw nothing of what would happen to the squirrel.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sponge Bob Square Pants

Well basically if you like the TV show you will like this movie. It suprised me a bit that this movie was rated PG, Iguess for the flag in Patricks butt crack, and some other crude jokes.

Overall the movie was very funny and I enjoyed watching it with my daughter, if you enjoy spongebob you will enjoy this, it really a long episode