Guilty Pleasures

Homer

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rarely play any video games anymore, so I consider it a guilty pleasure whenever I'm able to indulge myself with one. I usually just stick with older games, though. I'm considering buying an SNES Classic at some point.

I rarely play any video games anymore, so I consider it a guilty pleasure whenever I'm able to indulge myself with one. I usually just stick with older games, though. I'm considering buying an SNES Classic at some point.

I'm right on par with you when it comes to games. Although, every now and then I'll download a new game on my PS4, only to play it religiously for a couple weeks and get burned out of it in no time before it's finished. Every couple years I get into a kick where I'll download old school games on my laptop from my geek days, like Starcraft, Counter-Strike, and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I suggest buying the SNES. 5-6 years ago I purchased an old Sega Genesis. I bought all of the games my parents didn't have the money to buy me when I was a kid, for the price of what used to be a Blockbuster Rental... haha. It was fun throwing back beers and playing NHL97/NBA Jam/Mutant League Hockey with friends.

Whenever I go to the movies, I need a popcorn and a large Coke. When I eat some popcorn, before chewing, I take a sip of the soda to add the sweet to the salty. Basically letting the soda partially dissolve the kernels. A guilty pleasure/habit.

• 4 months later...

Goth/emo music. Bands like My Chemical Romance, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, The Used... yeah, those are my sh*t. It's funny because I'm a pretty sociable person, I rarely ever get in a bad mood, but the music I listen to most of the time completely contradicts that statement.

PS- Shoutout to bert425 for introducing me to The Cruxshadows in his Dragoncon TR. Such a good band, their newest album (Astromythology) is awesome.