TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cirque Du soleil

edh

So who like Cirque Du Soleil? I've seen Varekai (a traveling show) and am going to see Corteo in December when it comes to Atlanta. Anyone see any of there shows? I'd like to see all the Vegas ones, and the one at Disney.

First saw one of their first "Non-Named Shows" here in Vancouver.

At EXPO 86... in 1986.

This was one of their very first touring ventures outside of Montreal, at that time.

Needless to say, they were a HUGE SURPRISE HIT of the world's fair.

After that, I never saw a show of theirs again, until the new century, when they started touring thru Vancouver again...

~ ~ ~

Alegria.

Quidam.

Varekai.

~ ~ ~

Most satisfying shows to see and experience.

And the touring companies, have DVDs and/or soundtrack CDs to further whet the Cirque appetite, or enhance the great memories of a truly theatrical experience.

Yes, these shows are amazing! I saw my firt show a few years ago at the Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, which was only in a big tent but really good! The next show was here at Downtown Disney at WDW, which is a blast! It is the best show ever and I will go back to see it again in a few weeks!

--Sören

My girlfriend and I are huge fans. We are climbing up the list on # of shows and I recently told her at our last show we are officially groupies now.

La Nouba (lost count)

Quidam

Varekai

Drallion

Most likly going to hit Vegas up in the next year and see Ka, O and Mystere which will only leave us with a few to wait for before weve seen them all.

I refuse to go see Zumanity because its nothing more than a burlesque show. Alot of you are like "uhh...duh - thats why you go see it" but even if alot of it is art with the human body, well, Ive seen enough clips to know its a bit trashy too. Hence why its only in Vegas and not widely known.

I saw KA at Mgm Grand in Vegas that was just awesome!! I heard somewhere that Cirque Du Soleil was building there own hotel in Vegas anybody heard that?

Lance does a pretty good job at tracking the goings on in Vegas over at Screamscape. He's not mentioned anything of the sort. He does have some good links on the Vegas page if you want to poke around and investigate, though.

I saw KA at Mgm Grand in Vegas that was just awesome!! I heard somewhere that Cirque Du Soleil was building there own hotel in Vegas anybody heard that?

Lance does a pretty good job at tracking the goings on in Vegas over at Screamscape. He's not mentioned anything of the sort. He does have some good links on the Vegas page if you want to poke around and investigate, though.

Take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_soleil at future productions. "In a 2006 survey sent to select Cirque Club members, drawings were shown for a potential Cirque themed or inspired hotel"

I've seen Delirium. I didn't like it. Very very very strange. I was not expecting 1/2 naked people to sing and dance for me.

I just got back from Vegas, they have 5 shows of cirque going now"

-O

-Ka

-The Beatles LOVE

-Mystere

-Zumanity

I didn't hear a thing about O, a lot about Mystere though...

Is La Reve at Wynn Cirque?

I have seen O, Zumanity, Alegria, Dralion, Quidam, Varekai, Mystere and La Nouba. All of the shows are great with Quidam being the best touring show that I have seen and O being the best resident show and O was simply the best show I have ever seen period. Are the tickets expensive? Yes but O is simply like nothing you have ever seen before.

I watched the marathon on Bravo or A&E(i dont remember which one) but it was awesome. I remember when Cirque was here in Marietta with the Allegria show my favorite one i seen on TV, but i was a broke freshmen.

Thats cool that they are coming back to atl i might i have to get some tickets for them this time. How much are tickets anyways ive heard like 150+.

Is La Reve at Wynn Cirque?

La Reve at the Wynn is not Cirque, but it is created by Franco Dragone, who basically created most of the Cirque shows untill 1998 . He also created Celine Dion's show at Caesars Palace.

/geek

I've seen O live and have a few of the different CD's and a few DVDs of the toruing shows. I can't wait until I get to see my next show, which I'm hoping will be a few vegas one's in feb.

What exactly is La Reve? I saw a video of it, and it looks really good, and is alot like the "O" show. Has anyone seen it? I think I am going to try and save up for a trip to Vegas, but I already have a trip to Hawaii next summer, so it will be hard.