TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GAME: Yes or No Game

MSLSM

Yes and no, but more-or-less yes. I don't have a plan-plan, but I'm interested in hitting up Oaks Amusement Park for their new Eurofighter when it opens in late March. Seems doable as of now.

Since becoming a coaster fan or enthusiast, have you ever gone over a year without riding any coasters?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. And we are so thankful for it, too.

Wow, I'm surprised! I've never been to Vancouver (or any of Canada) but I always thought it just got colder and colder the more northern you go. It got to -9* here in southern Ohio, maybe colder.

^Not yet! But I plan to.

Have you bought yourself new clothes this year?

Not yet. Getting myself another new pair of BLUNDSTONES this week! Great shoes for park touring.

^ Well, over here in Vancouver, we're in this small pocket of weather, that I find milder than

the entire country! Add to that, our snowfall isn't annual and sometimes nothing at all, then

rained away by the afternoon, lol. Personally, I am glad to be on this side of Canada, and not

anywhere east of the Prairie Provinces.

And for where you live.....BRRRRRRRRR. Too cold for me.

Do you know how to whistle?

Yes, April-March, 1963. I was 10. And me and mom had planned a trip to Disneyland-Knotts-Universal.

Rain nearly closed DL! Not as impervious to rain as any park world-wise usually is, now. But - I was taken to

Pacific Ocean Park, planning to enjoy it - and found it was closed - The Entire Easter Weekend!

I cried - buckets! LOUD buckets. My American uncle nearly killed me, but thankfully the loss was abated

by a round of Themed Mini Golf they found, somewhere along the way, amid my wailing. Good times.

Have you ever found yourself suddenly uncomfortable, being "at the edge of..."?

Yes? "At the edge of" could refer to the literal edge of something (like the sea cliff I spent some time on in December) or the edge of a life event (graduating undergrad, for example, changing grad programs, moving) to which I have also felt discomfort. Especially birthdays, and especially the night before my birthday. I contemplate my aging and ruminate on the fact that I will never again be the age I am, and what the means and feels like. Yes, makes for a somber birthday-eve.

Did you read a book this month? For leisure.

No. ^ And I left that "at the edge of" question entirely up to the person who answered it. Their choice of scenario.

Have you recently groceries, because you got "the wrong one(s)" etc?

No. I always want to, and work out ridiculous hypothetical ways to get to a rink, but I haven't gone ice skating since middle school. I've even gotten as close as standing right at a rink without bothering to lace up.

Have you gone roller skating in recent memory?