Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:42 pm

I saw two Sony movies today. Venom(2nd time) and Goosebumps 2. Of course Goosebumps 2 was the better of the two movies. I mean Venom is one of those movies that’s not bad but not good. It’s just a action, comedy and romance movie that gets the job done. Yeah I did think the movie was enjoyable still but it’s just so silly. The hole six months later thing was really stupid though. The Stan Lee cameo was good. I’m looking forward to seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse this December mainly to see Nicolas Cage play one of the Peter Parkers. As for Goosebumps 2 I was surprised by Jack Blacks small role like he almost didn’t even need to be in the movie. The movie itself was very funny much like the first one.
Last edited by 9Armgeddon4 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:58 am.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Just saw Venom. It was okay, yeah Okay. I enjoyed myself watching the movie but it's one of those movies if I skipped it I wouldn't hate myself for it. I think the version of Venom they use (or created) in this movie works for the movie, I have no Idea how he compares to the Venom of the comics or Spider-man 3. But this Venom could be cheered on and be terrible depending on the mood and that was what I was looking for.
All said the end fight I thought was a mess. This was the first time in a movie even I couldn't make up who is who. What I could gather of the fight made sense however, it just was too bad you didn't have a clear diffrence.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 pm

When I was in Seattle, we went to this little old theater down the street from my friend's house and watched a Japanese horror movie called Hausu (House in Japanese).

Seriously, this is the most f%cked up movie that I have ever seen in my life!

Anyone else ever watch this?

We were a little buzzed going in and were able to order alcoholic beverages and snacks during the viewing. I really needed this in my life...I don't think that I have laughed that hard in years! :lol:

Seriously messed up weird, corny and full of awesomeness...it's Japanese, so why wouldn't it be???
Capture.JPG
No one better f%ck with Blanche, The Cat or you're doooooomed!!!!
Capture.JPG
I mean, come on now...how awesome is that???

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:57 am

RCT3Bross wrote:Just saw Venom. It was okay, yeah Okay. I enjoyed myself watching the movie but it's one of those movies if I skipped it I wouldn't hate myself for it. I think the version of Venom they use (or created) in this movie works for the movie, I have no Idea how he compares to the Venom of the comics or Spider-man 3. But this Venom could be cheered on and be terrible depending on the mood and that was what I was looking for.
All said the end fight I thought was a mess. This was the first time in a movie even I couldn't make up who is who. What I could gather of the fight made sense however, it just was too bad you didn't have a clear diffrence.

There was a huge flaw with Riots plan to bring the rest of the symbioties to Earth. As we saw in movie if the host isn’t a perfect match the symboite kills it and without a host the symboite can’t survive. Millions of people would of likely been killed along with the other symbiotes. So this basically made Riots plan completely pointless.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 pm

A Star is Born is my favorite film of the year so far. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent, well deserving of any awards that come their way. The music is great as well.

First Man was sort of disappointing. The scenes in space are breath taking, but the rest of the movie is very slow. Armstrong was a very reserved man, which unfortunately doesn't result in an entertaining movie character.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby mikeykaise » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 am

I agree about First Man, it was a tragedy him losing his daughter at a very young age but it really seemed to set the tone of the movie and kind of made the moon landing kind of anti-climatic honestly.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 pm

We just saw SMALLFOOT. It was a fun movie in 3D with surprisingly uptempo songs.
And Channing Tatum can - sing! And Zendaya had a great singing part (and song), as well.
And James Corden was a real annoying hoot, who eventually warms up to.... (no spoilers here)

Great origin story too. But - this is the third time we've gotten this funny
"Keep your feelings and doubts inside you.... deep down inside you..." moment.

Recently we heard this in seeing "the Book Of Mormon" for the third time. In the number Turn It Off.
Then we heard it a second time, during the latest installment of American Horror Story.
Also a Turn It Off moment, and we laughed at us both remembering at once, where we first heard this.

And then, yesterday, we got a third go of it, in Smallfoot.
And since (most) things happen to me in 3's..... we're done! =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Just saw A Star Is Born, and we were blown away, both by Lady Ga Ga and Bradley Cooper is his directorial debut.
And he sings awesome, too! Must get the soundtrack CD. :smile: The movie is intimate and EPIC back and forth.

We are old, and are viewers of two previous version of this film, Streisand's and Judy Garland's, the better of these two we feel.
This one follows the same path, but modernizes it for today's music, and wow - they nailed it and then some, especially on the concert scenes.

We knew the single "Shallow" that had been released. But there was so much more to enjoy, besides that. And Ga Ga was just amazing!
Without the glam or the outfits etc. she is raw bones, and freekin' awesome with her voice. The last song left us just stunned. :lover:

I was an amazing and most welcome change from all the SPECIAL E-FECTS AFFECTS EYE-FECTS' movies that were opening now, and
pretty much "the norm" this past year. Heck, we've even been seeing more I-MAX movies because of the glut. More than I can count.

So if you want a good music film, this is it. I hope it gets the Oscar Noms for Picture, Director, Actor, AND Actress. Screenplay, too.

Nothing is a perfect 10 (IMhO) so.....9.5/10

We also saw previews for "Rocketman" (Elton John bio) and "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen & Mercury bio, already open).....WOW-OMG-REALLY???!!!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:56 pm

"Rant, Before I've Even Seen it Dept..."

After seeing the highly repeated "Ralph Breaks The Internet" previews....

....Why is Queen Elsa there, with all the other Princesses in the room Vanellope ends up in?

I know her and Princess Anna are sisters, but so what? Just for the magic trick with her hands?

She's a Queen, not a Princess. And shouldn't be there, regardless of the gag(s).

A continuity problem. That's what it is. :mickey:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Just discovered this online poster for the new Ralph 2.0... love it! :lol:

It's actually a pretty good poster, representing a lot of Disney/Pixar,
so it might be a good find to buy and put up on a wall. :wink:

Or print.
RalphBreaksTheInternet2018.jpg
Poor Ralph ~ Everybody's PO'd with him.