TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mmmmmmmmm... Burger.

Last night Michael and I went to check out a new burger joint called 'Craft Burgers & Brews' housed in a former Italian restaurant in "downtown" Lakewood - about five miles from our house.

While I love craft burger places (especially ones with plenty of microbrews on tap!), the burger left me a little underwhelmed. I had the Louisiana burger which despite being ordered medium rare, was served more medium well. The blackened seasoning was barely noticeable and the remoulade tasted like a greasy mayo/mustard mix with very little flavor.

The saving graces were that the service was good and Michael's steak salad was also tasty. We'll likely go back at some point to see if they can make a better burger. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that perhaps the waitress wrote medium well versus medium rare, or the cook just goofed.

On a scale of 1-5, I would rate this burger a 2.

Craft menu

Craft1.jpg.fa09cc269b77fb524ba33d6e3d9bdd66.jpg

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

Craft2.jpg.232c22bcb3d526088c8f1909f11bce58.jpg

Hmmmm...doesn't look like medium rare to me.

Craft3.thumb.jpg.a3d45efb5519b7bc9d3da6483175a4e1.jpg

Michael's steak salad was good and his steak was done perfectly.

^^ I'm thrilled that you were using malt vinegar on your fries, lol! And if you didn't use it, that's ok.

Malt is way better than the white stuff. I hope they tasted as good as they looked on your plate. Sorry to hear

the burger didn't stack up to Michael's steak salad. But it's good that you're willing to give the place another try.

maltvinegar.jpg.a2e0295e5123488c6cedf93c87fd21c8.jpg

What I have and use here at home.

Great on fish and chips, too! (o:

^^ Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first saw it and then tasted it...oh well. We'll give it another try at some point to see if the next experience is better.

^ I LOVE malt vinegar on fries, Bill...and I did ask them for it. It was the best part of the meal (well, that and the beer)!

^ Actually Phil, there's very few places I have been, around the world, where the server asks you about

"How you would like your burger...?" I tend to trust whatever temp. they (usually) post in their menu.

And so far, at least for myself, I've never gotten a raw burger, or one that's literally burned to death, LOL!

BTW - one of The Best burger places we've found, around the world, is (in Amsterdam) http://www.BurgerBar.nl

IMG_8395.JPG.2c454f95c882691677c1ab14f9d461a8.JPG

And the fries, the fries, the FRIES they do there. MAJOR YUM! Mid-September, 2015.

^ I had Vera's BBQ burger, with 1/2 & 1/2 fries

and onion ring.....s, and a vanilla milkshake, to go.

And it went back home with me, and got de-voured! I was so hungry I didn't even

take any photos of it. Bad me.

It was great. The only thing I wished it had more of, was BBQ sauce. I could have

added some of ours (we have a selection of "around" 8 BBQ sauces, handy), but I

didn't want to change it's taste.

Good, good, good, even the milkshake. Would definitely buy another, in the future.

verasBBQ.png.0605336b36e5202eb604a094436f6379.png

Single patty, Havarti, bacon,

fried onions & bbq sauce. (o:

1016243070_verasHalfHalf.jpg.0675288074c6e86025a7ab7c13e1e2f6.jpg

Onion 'circles' as awesome as the fries!

...And speaking of Mozzarella... Now available at A&W in Vancouver! (And other spots, I assume.)

The Mushroom Mozza® is back, and now there’s a perfect size for any appetite! Enjoy it as a Buddy®, Mama®, or Uncle®, topped with crimini mushrooms, real mozzarella cheese, grilled onions and grainy Dijon aioli. Try one soon though – they’re only here for a limited time.

A-Wmozza-mushroom.gif.febb328042b9be31448f7c51ce0a19d1.gif

Or a Mama and/or Uncle one, too! And that's $3.45 Cdn. for the Buddy.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Mozzarella sticks on my college meal plan burger.

You sir, are a genius.

(Sad to hear that it wasn't all that great though.)

It was something I'd seen done before (along with cheese curds) and wanted to try it myself. I'm sure it would be better on better quality beef.

^ I also have to admit, the bun didn't look like anything too.......exciting either, lol.

http://www.verasburgershack.com/

verasG-Money.png.12238a877ce7a720da6db44a00c7e322.png

Vera's G-Money: Double patty, Cheddar & fried mushrooms (single patty also available)

Named after Gerald Tritt, co-owner of Vera's. Gerald bought the original shack from Vera

and bet that Vancouverites wanted (and deserved) a better burger experience! And...we did/do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting looking menu, posted at a Sea Paradise Park eatery, Japan.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what is in each burger.

But.......... FRIES!

SeaParadiseJapan.jpg.c54d58d3f26fb3610aaf055653f4b505.jpg

Photo from Ccron10, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Had to drive to Buffalo yesterday to get Michael's medication and stopped for dinner at a bar and grill just off of Interstate 290 called Exit 2 Bar & Grill.

My burger was touted as a steak burger in Montreal seasoning, swiss, caramelized onions/mushrooms with A1 aioli. Given that I am not a huge fan of A1, I instead opted for the sriracha mayo. Good thing as that was about the only seasoning on the burger!

I ordered the burger medium rare and got it more medium. There was no taste of Montreal seasoning and the mushroom/onion mix had absolutely zero flavor. The fries were limp despite having them tell us that the fries were fresh cut every day. Apparently that doesn't translate to fresh on the plate.

Michael got a steak which was good...but not good enough to warrant a return visit - especially when a much better burger awaits at Allen Burger Venture, which is about a 15 minute drive away.

20171118_165757_resized.thumb.jpg.5fcb3940b3f4df716c1d2c66e6927648.jpg

Great presentation for the burger, but wow...what a letdown. :-(

^ Sorry you got a boring (?) burger there. Looked good, though.

And even from your photo, I can see limp fries there. Ick.

I checked out the site for Allen's ~ http://allenburgerventure.com/

Loved how they just number their main burgers, without naming them, lol.

And then there's that "Alternative Burgers" list. Impressive variety.

^ Bill - I tried 3 or 4 of the burgers at ABV when Michael was in the hospital because it was only about a 15 minute walk (and it had good reviews on Yelp). Then I realized that their burgers were like crack and I wanted to try them all! I held restraint though and would limit myself to once every two weeks as an indulgence...but damn, they were sooooo good!

I told Michael that I would love to take him there sometime, but he has not been real high on hamburger since getting out of the hospital. He wanted me to order a more expensive meal last night as he wanted to treat me for doing so much for him, but I told him that I just wanted a burger given that we don't cook them at home anymore.

I guess that maybe I should have listened to him and gotten the steak instead!

....Then I realized that their burgers were like crack and I wanted to try them all!

That's all I needed to know, buddy.

Mmmmm crack ------------------------------------------ ed pepper cheese.

• 3 weeks later...

^ "Between Breakfast and Lunch", I'd call it, lol. I'm still not too sure about it.

But hey - gotta try it once. And I've already had a fried cricket burger this past summer.

(See Page 14)

EDIT: Mmmmm, I'm now thinking I got to have me a burger.... these next couple of days.

And seriously, I DO like my Burger King burgers. So The Mall's got one, and I'm doing a

gift buying trip on Wed., to this mall. Done!

And a Dairy Queen shake, too. Yeah, another guilty eating pleasure.