TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...

This is My Big Rant.

I always wondered, if France had won The Battle, that defined what Canada would be in the future, language wise,

culture wise, etc. With "Ontario" as The Only English Speaking Province in The Country. What if, hmm?

Then the USofHEY would have to deal with us, like Mexico. In another language. But it's us. CANADA. And I believe

that we would still be The Same Canadian Power that the USA NEEDS of us. But having a different language to

bargain is, is some kind of advantage in my books. When it comes to the U.S.ofHey!

It's politics. And its a rant. It's My Rant. And I still love the USA! And everything it offers everybody. Locals and visitors alike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every night, it takes me for - e - ver to get to sleep. And when I finally get to sleep, really early in the morning (thankfully I don't go to work anymore), the damned construction work starts, across the street from us on the new townhouse complex that's going up, after what? Nearly 40 years as an empty building. It was all torn down , basement dug, foundation being poured in, and the &*%@!^&( machines are F-ING NOISY!!!

The only really good thing out of all this, is they take at least 1/2 hour breaks, and are (usually) finished by 3 or so in the afternoon.

And no work on the weekends. But still...

My sleep is still f-ed most nights. I can take "sleeping aids" like a pill or gel cap. But I don't want to start depending on those.

• 2 weeks later...

I got stung by a wasp or some other devilish creature today! I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when completely out of nowhere I suddenly felt this sharp stinging pain in my neck. If anyone wants to tell me that these little devils don't sting unless they are provoked they can go to hell, because I did absolutely nothing to warrant that little f*cker stinging me!

I'm not a gun nut. They do nothing for me. I can carry legally almost anywhere, but the only time I usually carry is when I'm with my wife. I'm also not a big 2nd amendment guy, but I understand one of its intended purposes was to for all of us to be able to defend ourselves from our own government. That's why ironically I'm not against the 2nd amendment.

I've yet to work a homicide where someone was killed with a legal gun. I don't believe anyone, with exceptions like law enforcement, needs to have possession of assault rifles. I would have no desire to have one if I didn't need it for work. However, I also know that nothing is going to stop someone from killing mass amounts of people if they want to do so.

...However, I also know that nothing is going to stop someone from killing mass amounts of people if they want to do so.

This is so sadly true. Take away guns, and they will find another way. Bad people, will always be bad people. There's sadly no changing that.

I still can't understand, why "the public" has so much trouble with knowing about Disney's original "Alice In Wonderland," which of course would make for another pretty good dark ride (but with 21st century tech), but instead is left behind, with the only nods to it, are with the Tim Burton movies. It still bothers me for a few decades now. The ride has never been duplicated from Disneyland's version. And with the tech nowadays, it would be perfect for a E-ticket trackless, multi-level, animatronics-laden, full sets and screen/matting projections, (probable) Mouseterpiece!

Just please don't do a Tim Burton version. Make it for ALL the family to enjoy. And Disney's is far better IMhO.

Why does everybody, especially in the USofHey, think that ALL Canadians love hockey?

I do not like hockey. I never have. I tried to enjoy it. But it didn't stick. Ha ha. Go figure.

Same for most all team sports, except those in Olympic competition, etc. Even...golf.

Or to be more Canadian.......I don't really like curling either.

For now.....Boo.

I repeat...

Merry-Go-Rounds spin Clockwise.

Carousels spin Counter-Clockwise.

What is the deal, people? Are we too lazy to even know that little thing about these 2 rides?

I repeat...

What is the deal, people? Are we too lazy to even know that little thing about these 2 rides?

I actually never knew that. :o

Meanwhile, a month and half into the semester, I still hate loose-leaf textbooks and the companies who flog them (read: Pearson (e: also Cengage)). Doubly so when a hardcover version also exists but the company that owns your college bookstore doesn't sell it, which means, since you're broke and Amazon doesn't take book vouchers, it's inaccessible to you.

Edited by Halian

I repeat...

I actually never knew that. :o

The terms are generally considered interchangeable. That, and there are widespread disagreements on what constitutes the supposed difference--heck, people can't even agree on which is which within a definition. The other common stance is that a carousel is all horses and a merry-go-round is a menagerie (includes multiple species). But, yeah. They're the same. I'm glad, because they're both such lovely, evocative words.

I'm okay with religion, but if you try to shove your religion down peoples throats and/or act like I'm delusional because I don't believe in your religion, please reconsider everything you've ever done. It's normal for people to have different beliefs, and you don't need to force people into your own belief either.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my petty little rant.

Cedar Downs Racing Derby IS NOT a carousel. Yes, it has horses that spin in a circle, but it IS NOT a carousel! It is a thrill ride/racing derby simulator because the table spins at 14.5 miles per hour, the horses aren't stationary, and it is even listed on the Cedar Point website as a thrill ride. So whenever a parent tries to chastise me by saying "my toddler can't ride the carousel," it takes pretty much every fiber of my being to not scream at them to 1. Look at the signage at the entrance that says children must be 48" tall to ride, and 2. Take your toddler to the Kiddy Kingdom Carousel.

• 2 weeks later...