TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO

Jew

^ Cool! Igglybuff and Magby are the two I don't have yet.

I finally got a Magneton thanks to the first Magnemite nest in this area.

Silph Road have confirmed that it is no longer possible to hatch the basic version of a Pokemon that has a baby version. You now must hatch the baby version.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about Pokemon (even though I enjoy this game immensely), what are the star Pokemon to watch out for in this new group?

Umbreon is ridiculous at attacking gyms. It can take down a Snorlax better than an Exeggcutor or Machamp. You can get one any time you want by naming an Eevee "Tamao." This trick only works once, though, so make sure it's the one you really want to be an Umbreon.

Blissey is a beast in a gym. Like Chansey before it, it has a super high HP, and definitely outperforms its CP. Plus, since it tends to have the lowest CP of anything in a gym, it becomes somewhat of a gatekeeper, causing attackers to expend a substantial amount just to get past it.

I haven't encountered these in Go yet, but in Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ursaring had a super high attack, and Go tends to follow the original in aspects like that. Teddiursas are everywhere around here, so if it's the same for you, make Ursaring a priority early (that's what I'm doing, and I'm getting close already). Also, Ampharos was an incredibly powerful Pokemon, especially with its ability to use attacks that both deal damage and paralyze. I haven't encountered a Flaafy yet, but it's an Electric type, so look for it near power plants, transformers and other such infrastructure (without trespassing--and no, that's not for you, Bill, you've got a brain). Tyranitar is a rock/fire type, and consequently defends well against just about anything (water's really all that can get to it) I haven't encountered any Lavitars in Go yet at all.

And then, of course, there are the starters, which were as good in Gold/Silver/Crystal as the starters in Red/Blue/Yellow were. Water is Totodile/Crocanaw/Feraligatr, fire is Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, and grass is Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium.

^Red gyarados probably. (If it's in the game)

The code for shiny versions is in the master dataset, but has not yet been implemented. I doubt we'll see those anytime soon, as the latest update is huge and will drive people to play the game for the next few weeks. Once they see the number of active users decline again, they'll look to add something like shinies to bring people back to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 42 but I guess that's not bad since they were released in the winter so we haven't been walking as much. I don't really know anything about Pokemon (most of what I know is from Pokemon Go) so this is kind of fun since everything new (including evolutions) is a complete surprise to me. lol

^^Wow! I only have 28 Johto, 58 Kanto. I've mostly played in my same small town so that could be part of why I haven't encountered more.

I just got an iPhone in time for Gen 2, so I'm pretty far behind and I'm still learning the tricks of the game. This was the first week I brought myself to a gym (and miserably lost most of the time), but I'm getting a bit better.

Glad to hear that Larvitar is good to have, as I just hatched one from a 10k egg yesterday.

Can't wait for Hoenn pokemeon!

ME TOO!! I would DIE for a Blaziken! (As well as many others I love from that region).

Any of you experienced players have tips?

60 on Johto so far, and there's actually a couple more I already have the resources for when I choose to evolve stuff (Bellossom and Pupitar), but I read a post from Niantic that said hold on to your candy until St. Patrick's Day. No reason given, but I figure the reason will be good when it's revealed in good time.

Any of you experienced players have tips?

Congrats on the Larvitar. Tyranitar (its 2nd evolution) was one of the best in Gold/Silver/Crystal, really the successor to Dragonite in a lot of ways, though not a Dragon-type.

If you don't know about it already, go to Silph Road (https://www.thesilphroad.com). They have a lot of information about the game obtained by digging into the code and/or just experimenting. The single biggest reason to go, though, is for the nest maps. Players submit locations where they've found a high concentration of one species. This is an invaluable tool for deciding where to allocate your time.

Nests shuffle every other Wednesday at 8PM Eastern, and in the most recent shuffle, the city park closest to my work got a Magnemite nest! Elsewhere in town, we also ended up with nests for Houndour and Sneasel, too! These next couple weeks I'm gonna work on those elusive Ice and Steel badges as well as closing in on the Dark badge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, I'm really intrigued by this new gym system. Fighting gyms was honestly incredibly boring before and spoofers made it a real pain in the a** since every gym would be a level 10 again within hours of someone beating it. I still play a lot (since Brit and I walk a lot after work) but I rarely bother with gyms. I've just been walking my Larvitar, getting daily bonuses and occasionally dropping into a gym in the rare event that it's not high level.

I've just been walking my Larvitar

Might not have to do that anymore since Tyranitar will be one of the gym raid Pokemon.

I, too, an intrigued about this new system. I hope this breathes some new life into the game, because I frequently get the response, "People still play that game?!" and I don't personally know anyone who still plays it. Legendaries would be so neat. I also like that they are allowing TMs. Just curious when this will all actually go live.