TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mmmmmmmmm... Burger.

Recently found this. McDs is apparently going to be selling these in Canada, soon.

McDsSauces.jpg.a2f9b98d4e24c8df7fd3cad35f0cbd5d.jpg

Yum? And the labels are bi-lingual, too! (o:

Except "Big Mac" is apparently the same, in either language.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a pretty good eating and drinking place (among many) over on what we call The Drive, in Vancouver.

It's just a couple of blocks away from us, which is great walking distance! And their "theme" is everything

on the walls, to the tables, menus, food and drink....is Board Games. And all those that include monsters,

sorcerers, dungeons & dragons (of course!). It's called The Storm Crow. Really a great place.

Here's their version of the Dungeon Burger. You pick stuff yourself...or "let the 20-sided dice decide."

DungeonBurgerMenu_Jan-6x.thumb.png.a48497a736c79c1c850310fecca14ace.png

I find the last section "ALIGNMENT", the most interesting of the bunch.

Now, which character would YOU assign each spot? I actually have several in mind. (o;

StormCrowTavern-15-1200x801.jpg.e71a811742bcce294f9863a7624495fb.jpg

One of the many many burgers you can put together yourself.....or not. (o; Yum!

^ Hah, that's what happens with me and my home made burgers! They're literally gone,

before I think about snapping a pic or two of them. Too good to resist, obviously.

Alpaca meat sounds interesting, by the way.

We have a pretty good eating and drinking place (among many) over on what we call The Drive, in Vancouver.

It's just a couple of blocks away from us, which is great walking distance! And their "theme" is everything

on the walls, to the tables, menus, food and drink....is Board Games. And all those that include monsters,

sorcerers, dungeons & dragons (of course!). It's called The Storm Crow. Really a great place.

Here's their version of the Dungeon Burger. You pick stuff yourself...or "let the 20-sided dice decide."

Bill - what is the alignment thing all about?

Staying within the 3 toppings/3 sauces, I would go with this for my first burger:

Burger name: "Philrad's Burger of Steaming Hot Death"

Brioche bun

Beef burger

Borgonzola (how is this different from gorgonzola?)

Bacon

Jalapeno

Mushrooms

Red onions

Sriracha mayo

Sriracha ketchup

Salsa

^ I'm not too sure about the "Alignment" thing, except that it just wants you to identify

how "evil" or how "good" your "Character Burger" is. Or "neutral". I myself, thought that

I'd best identify with "Neutral Evil". Not sure why. But Evil is always more fun, right?

Right now, apart from the burgers, we love the place for it's Fish & Chips! They're great!

http://www.stormcrowtavern.com/

StormCrowTavern02.jpg.d57ca028a3a84652497b403559866af8.jpg

More Storm Crow Tavern yum.

StormCrowTavern03.jpg.a2aca80aba2d80461b59ec9ece968151.jpg

I love this Storm Crow concept. Would totally go there if I ever get to Vancouver.

Phil, you are a man of good taste. That burger is perfect. I think I'd roll the dice though, just to see what craziness ensues.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

^ Yeah, I was thinking of doing a Dungeon Burger myself, before I take off for Cedar Point.

Then again, if I survive Cedar Point (and all that it involved) it might be worth

"rolling the dice" for an awesome WTF Dungeon Burger, when I return to my hearth and home.

StormCrowTavern04.jpg.23632e669ce7b75a8fc1a7645203ac2f.jpg

You can also roll the dice for Special Shooters, too.

I love this Sorm Crow concept. Would totally go there if I ever get to Vancouver.

Phil, you are a man of good taste. That burger is perfect. I think I'd roll the dice though, just to see what craziness ensues.

I think that I might try the dice roll too...sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Storm Crow certainly looks like a unique place - love the menu names!

This isn't burgers, but it's still from Storm Crow...

DESSERTS

Dungeon Master's Sinister Sundae

$15 (Cdn)

This monster sundae is fit for two! Load it up with 5 different toppings by rolling a 20-sided die on our special Sundae Topping Table! (extra toppings $1) Comes with a side order of NOTHING because why would you need a side order with something this damn awesome??!

I have not seen the Sundae Topping Table, nor have they listed the toppings here in their site.

Evil. Evil place this must be. And yet. The Sundae calls. It calls to ALL OF US. Yum. So it be.

mcdssauces.jpg.7a6bd04f4351f88c00168b3d76b97c5c.jpg

And I just got the BIG MAC Sauce,

at our local Safeway! Will try it, soon.

Tried it. It's not bad! Like the burger itself!

• 3 months later...

This national food chain in Canada (Sobeys/Safeway) decided to go all out for our Canada Day celebrations (which is July 1). So they created different food and such with the Maple Leaf design in mind. And they did it with burgers, too! Actually, good Angus beef that held their shape, even after being cooked!

I didn't get an "after" shot, but here's what the patties look like before they get heated up.

They are also easy to grill on the BBQ. And - they're - AWESOME - GOOD!

MapleLeafBurger.JPG.a5886f9c0412a15cffdc674dd4698bbd.JPG

"Oh Canada," indeed!

^ I have seen many a burger menu, that usually includes one with an egg on it. Or as an add-on to it.

But I have never tried one that way. With the egg. I don't know why.

I'm sure it's just as tasty and messy as other burgers I've had, heh.

I guess it's about time to try it, and find out whether I like a burger that way, or not.

PawerVeras.png.5d415c2a8f550674ccce9db560d77b63.png

From Vera's Burger Shack: The Pawer ~ Single patty, a fried egg, Cheddar

& fried onions. Named after Norm Pawer, a great guy that said "Hey, put a

fried egg on the burger!". Not only did we, we named the burger after him.

I can honestly say that I have never had a burger with an egg before.

Last Sunday, Michael and I went to a local place called Guppy's. We were able to get a nice covered table outdoors and just "enjoy the peaceful day". What I didn't realize is that they have pretty awesome burgers.

Here is their Chipotle Bacon Burger...and believe me, it was every bit as good as it looks!

20170813_164047_resized.thumb.jpg.23e92f77ac08ad48d6ba34dddbcdaebd.jpg

The crinkled steak fries were different - and cooked to perfection!

^ Hmmm. I think you just whet my appetite for "a burger," Phil! David and I are heading to

another Queer Film Fest movie, at a theatre we live very close to, within walking, around 6.

(Yours looks awesome, by the by. Love those crinkled steak fries, too!)

After the movie, he is staying on for the second flick there (9:30pm), but I was only

there to see the one film (or films, a collection of shorts from our Queer West Coast.).

And after that? Several places that offer burgers are within my reach that time of night.

Yum. Vera's is now on my radar, for take home with fries. Maybe that egg burger, hmm?

http://www.verasburgershack.com/