TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

OpenRCT2 TPR server?

So I'm pretty sure we all know what OpenRCT2 is at this point, and how the servers can be used for either wonderfully made collaborative realisms, or the coaster enthusiast's version of sh*tposting. There's a website I frequent called New Element that does the former- gathering a few people on the site, focusing on a certain theme, and building a park in a matter of weeks. I'd love to bring this concept over here to TPR, but I'd love to see y'alls feedback. Would any of you be interested in a project such as this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If I have some time, I might be able to set something up. I had it working earlier but there needs to be some tweaking and other stuff I don't know how to do (money? map?). This would be running off a old-ish PC (i7 920, 6gb RAM) that I use to run a Teamspeak server, Plex server, and some home stuff. It should be stable since RCT2 doesn't eat up that many resources. I won't do much once it's up, just start and forget mostly. Aside from any needed OpenRCT2 updates. I guess we'll see then!

If I have some time, I might be able to set something up. I had it working earlier but there needs to be some tweaking and other stuff I don't know how to do (money? map?). This would be running off a old-ish PC (i7 920, 6gb RAM) that I use to run a Teamspeak server, Plex server, and some home stuff. It should be stable since RCT2 doesn't eat up that many resources. I won't do much once it's up, just start and forget mostly. Aside from any needed OpenRCT2 updates. I guess we'll see then!

Dude, this is awesome! Thanks a lot for the support!

Welp, let's see if it works.

Open up the server browser and look for "Unofficial TPR server" and join. If that doesn't work then try trainplane1.no-ip.org:11753. I haven't been able to test outside my network but all needed ports and firewall stuff looks good. No password needed. It should put everyone into the default User group. It does autosave every 5 minutes FYI.

If there are constant desync issues, let me know. I can try running it in non-headless mode. Desync still seems to be a issue with ORCT2.

Apparently someone trolled and messed stuff up. I tweaked user permissions to help discourage it as recommended by a user when I jumped on. It's a learning experience for me since I barely read any of the docs for setting it up. Gotta learn somehow I guess.

Here's whats been created so far. The dive coaster in the middle is pretty great.

FiVcQBs.png