TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure no one wants to revive this dead horse just to beat it again, but it was too funny to ignore. Atari's trying to port a new Roller Coaster Tycoon game to the Nintendo Switch... but they want the public to send them money to do it via "investment." They say they need anywhere between $10k to $1.07m, and they already apparently have $50k.

This is similar to the program that they tried to use to get their 2017 Ataribox wooden game console off the ground, but with Indegogo. When the day came for pre-orders to launch (December 2017), they delayed it and no one's heard from them since.

Perks?

-$250 will get your name on a website.

-$750 will get you 25% off one copy of the final game.

-$1500 will get you a copy of their "Art of Atari" book.

I am not making any of this up, see for yourself: https://www.startengine.com/atari-game-partners

- All investors: Atari Game Partners will host an Investors' site online, and you will have the option to have your name listed on that page;

- At least $750: Investor perk as outlined above, and a discount of 25% off the street price of the game at launch valid for a purchase of 1 unit of RollerCoaster Tycoon Nintendo Switch;

- At least $1,500: Both of the above Investor perks, and one free copy of the regular edition of the book “The Art of Atari”!

*All perks occur after the offering is completed

And just a small note:

Irregular Use of Proceeds

We might incur Irregular Use of Proceeds that may include but are not limited to the following over $10,000: Vendor payments and salary made to one's self, a friend or relative; Any expense labeled "Administration Expenses" that is not strictly for administrative purposes; Any expense labeled "Travel and Entertainment"; Any expense that is for the purposes of inter-company debt or back payments.

I don't endorse, nor support this, and I beg the world to please, for the love of all that is holy, stop giving Atari (Infogrames) money.