TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Disney's Adventure Park - Update #6 -Hollywood

UPDATE 1

Disney's Adventure Park announced the completion of their Main-Street, Entrance, Space Mountain, TomorrowLand Transit Authority, Sorcerer Mickey's Oasis and various shops and restaurants!

As a photographer for Disney itself, I was tasked with the challenge of taking pictures of Disney's Adventure Park to help post updates of the new park to the main Disney website, various Disney magazines and any other website to help get everybody hyped up for the new park!

I arrived at the park late afternoon on a Friday, ready to snap some pictures of the incomplete park and construction. It was interesting being at an empty Disney park, (with the exception of a few workers.)

The park had a beautiful entrance. Dominating the skyline was Space Mountain!

Shot from the right side of Main-Street. Sorcerer Mickey's Hat and the oasis under the hat at the end of Main-Street.

Shot from the left.

Entrance to TomorrowLand. (Still missing a sign!)

Much of TomorrowLand isn't finished. But hey, those fountains look nice!

Restaurant. They wouldn't tell me the name for some reason...?

Space Mountain! Can't wait to ride!

Shot of Space Mountain from the restaurant!

Mickey's Magical Oasis which you can walk through by going under the hat! I wonder what will go behind it....

Edited by Bryce

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is just something about this park that really doesn't give me a Disney vibe. I don't know what it is, but it irks me a bit.

Maybe it's the graphics? My computer isn't that great... Or the bland CS, but don't worry, it should hopefully give you "Disney" vibe eventually.

Plus, this is my first time making a true theme park with CS, so bear with me! Maybe I shouldn't have tried a Disney park... Hahaha.

And SoCal Coasters, you've bashed on my parks on RCTLounge before, but could you PLEASE elaborate on how I'm not making it mine? Do you want me to create my own CS? Sure, I used the Space Mountain set and the TLTA set, but I'm trying to make Tomorrowland look retro and similar, but yet unique compared to all other Tomorrowlands at Disney parks. Same goes for Mainstreet and the entrance. Sorry.

From what I see now, i'm not a huge fan of the coloration, it looks somewhat bland and textureless, also, the graphics you're running the game at now aren't really helping. It is certainly a good start though.

From what I see now, i'm not a huge fan of the coloration, it looks somewhat bland and textureless, also, the graphics you're running the game at now aren't really helping. It is certainly a good start though.

Thanks! And I know, I can't really help the graphics.

Update #2

A big announcement is to be made! Disney's Adventure Park has opened and along with the opening, Buzz LightYear's Galactic Attack has opened as well!

You could refer to the opening of the park as a "soft-opening". Disney has opened the park with tickets half of what they are going to be until the completion of TomorrowLand! (Due to the fact of only having three attractions).

7 and up is 45$.

3 to 7 is 25$.

Below 3 is free.

I decided to head to the park opening day to take some pictures!

It was pretty busy actually! A lot of guests were complaining about the lack of attractions. Pushing and shoving was constant and it was hard to move at points.

TomorrowLand finally got it's sign!

I hit Space Mountain first! I must have waited an hour but it was worth it!

I took a relaxing ride on the TomorrowLand Transit authority and took this shot of Buzz LightYear's entrance and exit!

A lot of construction going on at the far end of TomorrowLand. I'm guessing it's the next attraction and a few shops.

As I left the park and tried to locate my car at the far end of the parking lot, I took my final snapshot. It's the MASSIVE Buzz LightYear building! Quite noticeable.

Edited by Bryce

I think the park opening made the park a lot more appealing to me. It looked better with people. Some parts I was skeptical about, like the Tomorrowland entrance, but it turned out very nicely. I also like the screenshot of the Buzz Lightyear shooter. This is a nice start!

I think the park opening made the park a lot more appealing to me. It looked better with people. Some parts I was skeptical about, like the Tomorrowland entrance, but it turned out very nicely. I also like the screenshot of the Buzz Lightyear shooter. This is a nice start!

I knew the park opening would do that! And thank you! Haha and it isn't the typical Buzz Lightyear shooter found at the other Disney parks!

And SoCal Coasters, you've bashed on my parks on RCTLounge before, but could you PLEASE elaborate on how I'm not making it mine? Do you want me to create my own CS? Sure, I used the Space Mountain set and the TLTA set, but I'm trying to make Tomorrowland look retro and similar, but yet unique compared to all other Tomorrowlands at Disney parks. Same goes for Mainstreet and the entrance. Sorry.

Get used to it. We have a few here (and it looks like they post the same way elsewhere) that never have anything nice to say.

Get used to it. We have a few here (and it looks like they post the same way elsewhere) that never have anything nice to say.

I mean, I really want criticism but the way it's worded just came off as rude and helpful. Blah. Thanks for the advice though!

I mean, I really want criticism but the way it's worded just came off as rude and helpful. Blah. Thanks for the advice though!

Which is why I made this part of our rules.

6.) If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. Attitude in this Forum will not be accepted. There are constructive ways of stating you opinion. "It sucks" will not be tolerated. These are all games being discussed, and everyone plays for different reasons. Belittling other members will get you a 24 Hour Ban immediately.

So I hear you. ::wink::

When have I bashed your parks over at RCT Lounge? I did not mean to come off as rude. What I was saying by making it your own meant that you should add your own flare or style into your work. It appeared as if not much of your own creativity or style was added to the park with your first update.

Seeing the park now however it is looking much better. Just try and make the park "your own" as I said before. Make it so people recognize it as "Bryce's Disney Park" rather than "just another Disney Park". That's all I was trying to say and I apologize if I came off rude, it was not my intention.

I do have a bit of a bad habit to make comments that appear rude without elaboration and I apologize. Sometimes there are park where I am really blunt about things, even when I am not trying to be.

When have I bashed your parks over at RCT Lounge? I did not mean to come off as rude. What I was saying by making it your own meant that you should add your own flare or style into your work. It appeared as if not much of your own creativity or style was added to the park with your first update.

Seeing the park now however it is looking much better. Just try and make the park "your own" as I said before. Make it so people recognize it as "Bryce's Disney Park" rather than "just another Disney Park". That's all I was trying to say and I apologize if I came off rude, it was not my intention.

I do have a bit of a bad habit to make comments that appear rude without elaboration and I apologize. Sometimes there are park where I am really blunt about things, even when I am not trying to be.

Okay I understand! Thank you for apologizing. And thanks for the advice!

Update #3

After my most recent visit to Disney's Adventure Park, I managed to snap two outside shots of the new ride!

It is called "Mission To Mars" and is the same type of technology used at Epcot for Mission: Space! The entrance is to the right and the line twists through starry, space-themed corridors before you get to the launch bay and begin your adventure!

Update #4

TomorrowLand is now complete!

I approached TomorrowLand, excited to see it finally complete!

The newest restaurant, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe!

Some new foliage and fountains! It looks nice.

An overview shot!

Space Mountain is ever so popular!

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Disney's Adventure Park's new land has begun to go under construction!

The theme is a clear giveaway. I'm very excited to see what the park plans to offer in Hollywood!

Hollywood, 1939. Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling, young movie town at the height of its golden age, The Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right; a beacon for the show business elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that...

Disney's Magical Sneak Peek of, "The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror!"

Opening soon at Disney's Adventure Park!

Personally, I like the detail that you have on the tower, but one thing somewhat irks me. It looks like that it is just one tower that goes straight up. The other two towers have some more little things connected to them, like these.

Tower-of-Terror_03.thumb.jpg.1f9316709138cb16c38e0c723bb80ede.jpg

tower-of-terror.jpg.58578949f05b9625a417324c82d96a33.jpg

Notice how it is more than just a perfect rectangle? I'd say spice it up a bit and make it look a bit more like one of those, preferably the WDW version.

I was put under the responsibility of going to the park and taking pictures of the new Hollywood section and the line for Tower of Terror!

This is the current view of Hollywood Lane and Tower of Terror at the end!

The Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant will serve delicious gourmet burgers and other treats. Looking good!

This is the view you will have as you begin your walk through the overgrown gardens of the Hollywood Hotel.

At the end of the path here, the line takes an immediate right turn.

Getting closer to the lobby!

Almost there! Next left is the lobby!

There is plenty of things to look at in the lobby. Old books that bear Twilight Zone memorabilia, an old, cobweb filled fireplace that hasn't been used since 1939 and a chandelier that looks like it could fall at any moment... Creepy!

The rest of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will remain in mystery, maybe in the next update of photos more will be revealed...

• 9 months later...