TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] A Six Flags Park

So yes I have decided to jump on the Six Flags band wagon, I know there are tons of different Six Flags park floating around these forums and every other Roller Coaster Tycoon related forum. I have decided to take a different approach in which I am going for ultra realism which hopefully you will see in the next few updates. I shall not be revealing any names of rides in this update but i think you will be able to guess there names.

The parks family coaster, a Gerstlauer Spinning coaster.

It takes on a lot of tight helixes, there are sure to be some nice laterals in there.

The parks largest coaster, a B&M Hyper Coaster.

The ride crests a lot of large hills with some nice air time.

The layout is quite compact for such a large coaster, it’s also great to look at if you don’t want to ride.

I haven’t got a name for the park or a location so suggestions are welcome, obviously it’s a Six Flags park so it has to be something six flags would be likely to use any other suggestion on what I can do to improve realism, layouts, buildings, path ways and all the rest please tell me I want to take all the criticisms I can as I really want to make this park as realistic as possible. Thanks for reading and comments are always welcome!

Cheers, Jake

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That spinning coaster looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks support like this really helps and makes me want to build more to show you guys!

Wow. This looks amazing! So much detail... can't wait to see more!

Agian thanks, I really hope you enjoy the update!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 when Six Flags opened Tony Hawk's Big Spin. The ride was billed as the "total Tony Hawk experience" and was designed to have the look and feel of giant red-and-black skate parks.

Tony Hawk's Big Spin opened with a whole new area dedicated to Tony hawks and skating.

The ride is over 5-strories tall!

Rip through wild turns, helixes and a camelback!

Spin with ever-increasing speed as you fly forward!

Grab some serious air time as you twist in 360° rotations!

Feel the sensation of freestyle skateboarding!

This coaster will twirl you as it hurls you!

This is Tony Hawk's Big Spin!

Thanks for reading, in the next update I will show you the rest of the Skate Park area which features more rides and attractions based around Tony Hawks. Again if you have anything to comment on please do!

Cheers, Jake.

Looks really great!

I must ask though, what custom scenery are you using (specifically the trees, spiral staircases, and paths)?

Thanks, check your PMs I have sent you link for some of the sets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skate Park is an area of Six Flags dedicated to skating and Tony Hawks, with skating popularity increasing around the world with teenagers and kids this seemed like the perfect addition to add to our park. Guests will be able to experience skating first person without the risk of hurting yourself.

The main plaza for THBS (I have changed the entrance a bit from the last update)

Guests who are brave enough can experience the full adrenaline of a skate board on a half pipe on "Tony Hawks Half Pipe"

The skate shop will cater for all your skating needs; you can even buy your own skate board in here!

We even have our own half pipe where you can show off your skills or watch famous skate boarders show off there’s.

You can get right close to THBS to take pictures or watch friends and family scream their heads off.

Six Flags also offers great back stage tours on selected dates where you are able to get up close to all the rides and see how they are maintained.

Skate Park really is a great place for teenagers and families who want to experience skating first hand and there is a lot more where that came from, check back for the next update where I’ll show you the rest of Skate Park. I hope you enjoyed the update, if you have anything to comment on please do! Thanks for reading and check back for then next update, Jake

That's a great spin (no pun intended) on the whole Tony Hawk theme and really makes the ride seem better than the existing ones since it isn't a randomly themed ride dropped in the middle of an area with unrelated theming. Although I would make a sort of half pipe around the half pipe coaster just to add that little something extra. Maybe something like on RC Racer?

Awesome. I love the amount of detail put into the plaza for Tony Hawk's Big Spin.

Thanks, Im really pleased you like it!

That's a great spin (no pun intended) on the whole Tony Hawk theme and really makes the ride seem better than the existing ones since it isn't a randomly themed ride dropped in the middle of an area with unrelated theming. Although I would make a sort of half pipe around the half pipe coaster just to add that little something extra. Maybe something like on RC Racer?

Thanks im glad you think the coaster looks good! I like how Tony Hawks Hlaf Pipe looks so i will be keeping it how it is, advice is always weclome though.

I love your theaming for your spinning coaster but I must ask, where did you get those custom trees ???? But great start to your park!! I love it.

Thanks! Here is a download for the trees: http://www.putmeonthenet.net/content/old_spice/Sphideice/Old-Spice%27s%20Trees.rar They are built by Old Spice

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So i have done a little bit of work to Skate Park since the last update, I have changed a few things and added a few things.

I have added a cafe called the Skate Cafe; it serves Burgers, Fries and Drinks. As you can also see i have placed the half pipe on top of the cafe, i thought this would be a good place as it would be easy to see any events taking place on it. I would like your opinions though as im not quite sure if I like it there.

THBS entrance is fully complete now; I think it looks quite good; still your opinions would be great!

The scariest ride IMO in the Skate Park area is Tony Hawks Half Pipe. The signage still needs to be filled in around the entrance, if anyone has any ideas on what to put on the signs that would be great! I can’t think of much to fill them with.

You get a great view of the ride in the queue; it builds up a lot of tension.

For those who are not brave enough to ride THHP can ride the Mini-Pipe. A ride perfect for children.

The last shot is of THBS, this is a basic overview of the ride so you can have a look at the layout.

Thanks for reading! If you want to comment on anything, there’s something you think needs improving or something you want to see please let me know, as always your opinions mean a lot. The next update will be the completed Skate Park I hope!

Cheers, Jake

Edited by jakecallan

Great Job I love it all sooo far!!! I have a question! How did you get the brick walls to slant / for the exit ramp of THHP? I been trying to do that for a long time with Shy Guys set!

Great Job I love it all sooo far!!! I have a question! How did you get the brick walls to slant / for the exit ramp of THHP? I been trying to do that for a long time with Shy Guys set!

Thanks, Use the piece that says conforms it should follow the terrain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skate Parks first map (subject to change)

What do we think?

Here is a POV of a completed Tony Hawks Big Spin, I hope you like it!

Comments are welcome!

Jake

I love the amounts of detail throughout the whole entire ride and how it feels like Tony Hawk's Big Spin. The only thing that you should add, if possible, is a statue of Tony Hawk like in the real-life Tony Hawk's Big Spins.

I love the amounts of detail throughout the whole entire ride and how it feels like Tony Hawk's Big Spin. The only thing that you should add, if possible, is a statue of Tony Hawk like in the real-life Tony Hawk's Big Spins.

Thanks! I will see if I can find one to download as I am not able to create CS.

Looks absolutely fantastic!

my only minor criticism is that THHP looks like it could use a some more supports towards the top

Keep up to good work!

Thanks, if you look at a real half pipe coaster you will notice they are only supported at the bottom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In 1992 B&M were contracted by SFGA to build the first inverted coaster. At this time our Six Flags park was also planned to introduce a brand new inverted coaster from B&M, our investors and directors had cold feet though as the project was very expensive.

A rollercoaster manufacture named Vekoma got into contact with us after finding out we were unsure whether to go for B&M's inverted model. They explained that they had a prototype in the works for an inverted model and could offer it to us for almost half the price B&M were offering the model.

The parks directors unknowing to the horrible decision they were about to make signed a contract with Vekoma for them to build almost a clone to the Batman opening at SFGA. In 1992 the park opened Batman and crowds flocked to see the one of a kind ride. It brought great success to the park.

Here i present to you batman's first flight. (Unfinished)

Batman stands tall over Gotham City.

The queue line is set in Gotham Park in front of a large warehouse were the station for the ride is placed.

One of Batman’s two 360 degree loops.

Batman is now 18 years of age and remains one of the parks icon rides, the ride is not so popular anymore because of progressively worse rides it gives and with unbearable roughness through most of its elements, it also holds unbelievable maintenance costs. One does have to ask how long does the ride have left?

Hope you enjoyed the update, let me know what you think of Batman, anywhere you think in inaccurate let me know; the ride remains much unfinished at the moment along with the rest of Gotham city.

Jake

Edited by A.J.

What is the name of the park and where is it.

Undecided yet.

I'd love to see some more of Batman's layout, but seriously overall this is phenomenal! The detail, especially in the supporting for it is great, especially on that loop. It looks really good so far.

Thanks! This update should show some more of Batman’s layout .

Just a quick heads up, I update a lot more at SGW as it is easier as I’m allowed to post one picture in an update and there is a bit more of a community there, so if you want to see more of the park head over there and check out some of the stuff. I will still obviously update here though. (Mods if this is breaking the rules please remove the sentence, I was not to sure )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a little update on what I have got done:

Here is an overview of what I have so far.

Here is an overview shot of the queue line, I'm having a little trouble with the foliage, if anyone can suggest a good set with small trees and bushes in that would be great!

Here is a look at the back part of the coasters layout.

And here is the most recent shot of the station and queue line.

Please remember a lot of these shots remain unfinished at the moment, I still have not decided if I like the station how it is and like I said I’m struggling with the foliage so any help would be greatly appreciated. Opinions and thoughts are also welcome as always.

Jake.

As someone who doesn't play RCT3 but enjoys watching other people build I say bravo! I really enjoy your Batman ride and find it a nice twist on the regular ride.

One criticism I have, the THBS area I find the names to the rides quite generic (granted that is Six Flags style...) try naming things differently besides the Skate Park, Skate Shop, Skate Cafe.

Maybe use things like skateboarding moves, (i.e. The Kickflip Cafe,) its just a suggestion though.

In total so far from what I've seen I really like it, keep it up and I can't see what else you've got coming!

-Oreo

I love the detailed station. The walls and the smokestack really stand out to me. This is shaping up to be a stellar Six Flags park, and my favorite on the forums.

Thanks, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

As someone who doesn't play RCT3 but enjoys watching other people build I say bravo! I really enjoy your Batman ride and find it a nice twist on the regular ride.

One criticism I have, the THBS area I find the names to the rides quite generic (granted that is Six Flags style...) try naming things differently besides the Skate Park, Skate Shop, Skate Cafe.

Maybe use things like skateboarding moves, (i.e. The Kickflip Cafe,) its just a suggestion though.

In total so far from what I've seen I really like it, keep it up and I can't see what else you've got coming!

-Oreo

Thanks a lot! I love hearing comments parsing my work so seriously thanks. The Skate Park area is sort of wrapped up now but I have no problem with changing some of the names so I will see what I can do.

I honestly like that layout more than the actual Batman rides. Really good job on everything! c:

Cheers!

I like the Batman Ride, however, I'd suggest using a different Ride sign as the one you currently have doesn't fit in to the surroundings.

Thanks, don’t worry ill get round to changing it.

Really nice layout for Batman, is there a reason you used Vekoma track for a B&M coaster though?

Have a look on the second page there is a little back story to the ride, that should explain what you need to know and thanks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven’t updated you guys in a while, truth be told I haven’t got much done I’ve been busy with other stuff. Still I have some unfinished shots I can show you and opinions would be great!

All the shots are completely unfinished but I just wanted to give you an idea of what i am currently working on.

cheers for reading, Jake.