TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's First Official Game Exchange Challenge!

TPR's FIRST OFFICIAL GAME EXCHANGE CHALLENGE!

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 - Grand Gardens!

To introduce the Games Exchange, we've come up with our first OFFICIAL TPR Challenge...

Welcome to Grand Gardens, the CRAPPIEST place on earth!

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO NOW!

Park History:

Grand Gardens started off as a park by a somewhat reclusive, yet grand minded gentleman, who, sadly, had delusions of building a park along the lines of Six Flags or Cedar Point. He found rides at auction for a deep, deep discount- and for a good reason: Who would WANT them? He picked up a TOGO standup coaster, a Vekoma SLC, and a Sansei Shuttle Loop. Spending money wildly, he built a wooden coaster, as well as some smaller flat rides.

Running out of money, Grand Gardens is in desperate shape - It can't take on anymore debt, all the staff were fired, and the park is in bad shape. It's your turn to fix things up.

The Challenge:

Play the Grand Gardens TPR Challenge scenario, and see what you can do with it.

- You have five years to work with.

- Your goal is to repay the debt.

- And to have an attendance of 2500 people.

"But wait, Robb - what do we need for this challenge?"

All you need is "vanilla" RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 to play. This scenario has no custom scenery either.

Hackers be warned!

We ask that you use no Custom Scenery (CS), trainers (such as 8cars), or hacks. Use what the game gives you! This challenge puts every one of our players, great or not so great, on equal grounds.

"How do I submit my finished scenario?"

Upload your scenario to the TPR Game Exchange! When you upload your contest entry to the exchange, be sure to list it under the "TPR Challenge" file type.

Judging

Even if you DON'T beat the scenario, you will be considered for an honorable mention - or may even in the final voting for the winner. We want to see your best RCT2 efforts - that is, what would YOU do if you had this park. Everybody who completes the challenge (That is, beats the scenario) will be automatically entered into final voting.

"Robb, what do I win?"

You Get CRAP! ONE lucky winner, as voted on by our members will get a **HUGE** TPR BAG OF CRAP!!!!! You read that right- A REAL, AUTHENTIC, GENUINE, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES TPR BAG OF CRAP! Honestly, this will be one awesome bag of crap filled with kick-ass stuff!

But wait! There's MORE!

Everybody who PLAYS the challenge, and turns in a park will get a 50 pt. bonus in their exchange accounts! That's right- you get something just for playing the level.

Keep deadlines in mind!

The contest begins today - Monday, March 14, 2011 - and ends on Monday, March 28, 2011. On Wednesday March 30, 2011, the voting will begin for the winner, and will last one week.

Good luck, and enjoy the scenario - if you have any questions, feel free to ask your Game Exchange moderating team -

mcjaco

A.J.

djbrcace1234

QueerRudie

Have fun! Hope those guests like your rides!

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's are some images and the link to the challenge in the Game Exchange...

R.D.

Grand Gardens - TPR Challenge #1 in Game Exchange -

Welcome to Grand Gardens- the CRAPPIEST place on earth. Finish the scenario, turn it in, and WIN TPR STUFF!

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO NOW!

SCR64.BMP

The TOGO Standup Coaster- The ShockCobra

SCR65.BMP

Your Vekoma SLC: THe Brain Drain

SCR66.BMP

A look at Grand Gardens- the CRAPPIEST place on earth!

Edited by robbalvey

The Five years should be enough... Remember, you're playing this for FUN, not necessarily for the biggest, or the most elemental park you can make-

Part of this challenge is balancing BEAUTY (I.e. scenery, etc.) and BRAUN (I.e. getting the park objectives done, replaying the debt, etc.)-

AND...

If you don't complete the scenario, remember that ALL entries will be considered for an honorable mention. If you REALLY impress us with your entry, you might still be considered for final voting!

R.D.

One of your Games Forum MODS

For all who are participating: GREAT!!!!

As you finish your entries, remember to post them here- and use the NIFTY, NEAT-O, AMAZING, ALL POWERFUL and ALL KNOWING 'Games Exchange' tab below to put your park into the database. Add some pics, too- and show us what you've come up with so far.

Remember to use the "TPR Challenge" under file types, too-

Good luck- and enjoy visiting the Crappiest Place on Earth!

R.D.

Part of the Games Forum Moderating Team

I feel really stupid for asking this but... how do you download the scenario,lol? I download it and I just get a landscape with none of the coasters or anything like that? What am I doing wrong? I dont download many scenarios and stuff, so I am not really sure what to do.

The I Fail Ghost

Ghost-

The only thing I can think of is that it needs to be saved in the 'Scenarios' File on your computer...

I'm in the middle of a DVD project right now- so it will be a bit of time till I can further check on this- But I'll give it a go once the DVD is done (About two hours or so from now)

R.D.