TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dream World (RCT2)

So I thought it was about time I posted one of my parks. I haven't been playing RCT2 that often lately due to school and life in general. I previously posted one of my parks on Coasterrealm last year but never got much feedback. Well I have a new park (actually many new parks) but I figured I'd post one that's not impossible to work with and I would most likely be able to update in reasonable time slots. I want as much feedback, positive or negative from people. Hopefully it'll help me improve my parks that much more.

I do use custom scenery in this scenario, however, because my I've download SO many custom parks from people, I do believe my custom scenery limit has arrived, because when I tried using the "advanced" tab while choosing scenery, I couldn't move the scroll down. So I'll probably have to uninstall RCT2 sometime in the future to take care of that as well as reinstalling on a new harddrive because my C drive is FULL. To get to the point, I was only able to choose a few custom scenery groups, and wasn't able to choose which objects within the categories I wanted and didn't want. Whatever. I think it'll still be an ok park.

So onto some pictures. In no particular order or make or whatever. Just what I have so far.

A Topscan named Energizer and my woodie named Lumberjack.

A Carousel called Stallion Race with Lumberjack and its station in the background.

A shot of one the elements of Maniac, a B&M terra like coaster. The coaster is set up in a ditch and the layout maneuvers around trees placed throughout the area.

Better view of the ride.

Yet another shot of Lumberjack with HammerHead now in the background.

Storm, a Schwarzkopf launch loop coaster, Crazy Maze, and Break Dance.

Hydro Falls, an O.D. Hopkins creation, thrills riders with its compact design and unqiue theming.

Voyager, the one of the park favorites, is an arrow looper. It's quite short with only one loops and two corkscrews. It runs two trains, but only really one is needed as trains are always stacked.

Steel Mouse, the parks wild mouse coaster offers both height, and those tight Mack turns.

..and finally an overview of the park

So any comments are appreciated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you see, your park is the kind of park that I love. Not entirly to overthemed and is an orginal styled park.

Pros:

-I love the names of you rides, they are really creative not real boring names like Log Jammer or Cyclone.

-I love Lumberjack. It has a great layout and a great station.

-Overall an awesome park so far, i'd like to see what you can do with it.

Cons:

-Maniac, I don't know what it is about, I just don't like it.

- Do something with the real open areas of path. make actual buildings for shops and bathrooms. The Kiosk that you have there, put it into a building along with a restroom and maybe a gift shop and call it the Guest Relations center. Get creative.

- The layout for Steel Mouse needs a little something to it, maybe more drops or something, I don't know.

Hope this helps, can't wait utill the next update.

^Yeah Maniac and Steel Mouse are the two things I liked the least. Maniac, because of it's layout seems unrealistic. I must have tried like 10 times to improve the layout each time but unfortunately always ended up too crowded. The guests don't even like it that much either. I'll most likely end up re-doing it.

Steel Mouse look unrealistic because it's too high for the typical wild mouse, and the transitions are odd. I've always had trouble building a decent Wild Mouse in a fair amount of space.

But thanks all for the feedback!

This park looks awesome. How many years have you played this game? I say this because this park is very good quality.

When will there be a download?

Human or RCT2 Years? lol

I think I started it a few months ago with some play here and there. As far as RCT2 years, it's at year 21. I'll have a download as soon as I fill up the map. It's not a huge map so it really shouldn't be too long before a download is available. I do however have Wacky Worlds and Time Twister installed which I know can be a problem for some people.

Very cool! Wehred you get the costum flats though? The amazing earl's site?

Yes I believe most of the ones pictured are from Amazing Earl except for the Topscan. I believe Kahlua or something among that name made the topscan. I'm not sure if the site I got it from still exists, but if I find it, I'll post my sources.

looks good but add more flats to it and it will be good

I definitely will!

• 1 month later...

I just retrieved all the missing objdata tonight and the park is back under my control! So unless you don't want to see more, expect more updates! Woo Hoo!

I'm pretty sure I deleted Maniac but for some reason the file i retrieved still has to coaster...No big deal, nothing important was lost at least.

Expect an update within the next few days, I suppose.

Minor Update Time! I took a few pictures of things I've changed, added, and hopefully improved. I'll take every feedback from people and try to incorporate that into my park. There are even things I'm not satisfied with, so please tell me anything you do like, don't like, or whatever.

Maniac was removed to make room for Mine Shaft Bobsleigh. The ride is rumored to only be a temp, while the higher-ups (all of you) discuss whether or not it's a hit or miss.

Regardless of what we think, guests obviously enjoy the ride, very much...much more of a line than Maniac ever had.

Between Mine Shaft Bobsleighs and Lumberjack, a Coco's location has opened up. It's a hit, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Also, 3 new ATM's have opened up around the park. One location is picture above.

Steel Mouse was replaced with Cheshire Crawlers, which is also a major hit, having up to 15 MINUTE LINES! (Hey that's a lot for RCT2 family rides). It's high capacity and tight, quick layout, along with the one-of-a-kind "spinning tunnel" are things that make this one of the most enjoyable family rides around. Also pictured is another one of the new ATM locations.

Another view of the new ride. It kept a modified version of Steel Mouse's old station to save on costs.

I don't know why, but the stupid file upload thing right above the "submit" button never works for me when I try uploading images, yet it works fine for everyone else. Am I doing something wrong? It usually waits a minute as if a page is about to load and then takes me to "page cannot be displayed".

Sorry, I don't have a solution to your problem

But the park looks great! I love the new bobsleigh coaster. It was VERY well executed! The buildings look better now too. Keep up the awesome work!

Before I post the update, I'd like to say that I'm not too pleased with the lack of feedback I've received. I see that this thread has been viewed well over 1000 times yet only 18 or so posts, some being from me. I'd appreciate if I could get any feedback for the work I do. I'm not asking you to praise or scold it, I just want honest opinons.

SCR12.BMP

Last but not least, Dream World opened Thunderbird Raceway, a popular Go-Kart track. The winner of each round even gets an extra lap around the track ;)

SCR11.BMP

Another view of the giant tower. It appears to be secluded from the rest of the park, but in reality, over time, other rides will fill out the park, making it smack dab in the middle of the park.

SCR10.BMP

Pictured here is the Tower Of Dreams. Guests will enjoy a quiet ride to the top of the 200 foot tower where they will witness some of the most beautiful views of the park and surrounding areas.

• 1 month later...

It's time for a bit of an update. I've been playing the park every now and then adding things, adjusting things, etc. I'll let the photos do the talking, I suppose.

SCR32.BMP

Even on Galactica's rainy debut day, the queue quickly filled full of excited guests. This concludes today's update, and be sure to check back soon for more updates!

SCR30.BMP

The final flat ride to open this season as well was the Huss Topspin named Galactica. It has vibrant festival colors and resembles an updated version of a traveling topspin.

SCR24.BMP

A large restaurant and bathroom were added to the area as well. Proper food services were missing from the park. The park has been doing its best to increase in restaurant activity and decrease the simple "food stands." This will continue on in the coming seasons.

SCR22.BMP

A new flat ride called Mystic Orbiter opened. Clearly, it's very popular, like most of the other flats. It sports a "mystic" turquoise and purple theme.

SCR27.BMP

Not too long ago, Lumberjack wasn't a huge hit with the crowds. Luckily, with the rapid boost in attendance, it has easily and quickly become a guest favorite. The queue is expected to be extended in the near future.

SCR29.BMP

Another view. The coaster usually sports a full queue line, leaving it to be yet another popular ride in the park.

SCR28.BMP

First up is the popular Togo manufactured "Flamethrower" stand-up coaster.