Carowinds 2018 Planet Coaster

Enjoy
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Carowinds 2018 Planet Coaster

Postby carowindsman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 pm

So just a small update as I have had to move somethings around.

Intimidator has been moved over some so I can fit more of Camp Snoopy in properly.

Also I worked on the queue that way it is not a full queue path just scenery

Beginning of Carousel. Im trying to make this roof right

Hurler station

Also don't pay attention to the supports and or FURY I am just beginning to place to see where I am at.

As always enjoy and please give any feedback you know I am not a master at this game but its fun for me

Postby carowindsman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm

So just some updates hopefully you enjoy. I had a big learning time with some placement and I am having to adjust some areas. Specifically the old county fair area. I moved them farther away to maybe be able to fit some more of the park in. This is just some updates I am slowly working on and also showing where I am in the process

Theather construction

Fury starting to come in to play

Postby carowindsman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Just a small update from the actual park.

Carousel Area

Ricochet

Carolina Boatworks and Sweet Frog ( I am going to redo Boatworks)

Camp Snoopy

THE BIG QUESTION
I am debating on how to do this area my spacing is off and if I start really building it will be crunched up.

What do you feel I should do?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:22 pm

^You can continue with what you have... eventually adding paths/large paved areas, and see how that looks.

-OR-
You can spend some time (a long time!) studying overhead maps (google, etc.) of the park and map out the place. Find the approximate distances and angles between stuff and go from there. Draw it all out on paper, then go into a fresh game and start over. It can be a lot of work, but if you want it to be closer to the park, it's possible.

This is how I used to figure out coaster angles in the 80s, when I was building model coasters. I spent a lot of time studying drawings, figuring out not only angles but radius'; both radius of layout and radius of curvature on the profile. This is how I was able to get drawings/models to look close to the real thing. Distances between ribbon boards on wooden coasters - good memories! Long before anyone had a computer; now, you have the world at your fingertips if you want pictures and information on parks and coasters. It all comes down to how much time you want to spend.

I did this America Eagle on No limits around 2009. It took me a month of work to get it close enough; I can clearly see flaws, but got it "to my satisfaction." The same can be done with a whole park.

(Geesh, what cruddy resolution! This video clip isn't even complete, but enough is there to see the work put in.)
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby carowindsman » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanks JT325 I am going to take a break from that side and work on the other side

^You can continue with what you have... eventually adding paths/large paved areas, and see how that looks.

-OR-
You can spend some time (a long time!) studying overhead maps (google, etc.) of the park and map out the place. Find the approximate distances and angles between stuff and go from there. Draw it all out on paper, then go into a fresh game and start over. It can be a lot of work, but if you want it to be closer to the park, it's possible.

New update

County Fair starting to come into shape. Plus some night shots

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:59 pm

^Looking good! Especially at night. Planet Coaster is almost TOO awesome, isn't it?! It's crazy how much time I can spend on it.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby carowindsman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Just a new update to Thrill Zone and started working on some more of Fury area

Postby carowindsman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Just some other updates.

Different View of Fury Area

Postby carowindsman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:50 pm

So im still here just been doing some other projects and relearning some techniques.

Showing off some Camp Snoopy area.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 pm

carowindsman wrote:Just a new update kind of loss some interest in the game but getting back into it.

This happens to me all the time... This is why I have a VERY hard time doing any time line parks, or park recreations. I can do ONE coaster... but more than that and I lose interest.

However, your recreation is looking great so far. I say stick it out! This has the potential to turn out amazing!
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness