Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

New game from Frontier coming November 2016
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 am

Midgetman82 wrote:There's a tiny rumor floating of a paid DLC coming too, but don't hold your breath for it.

Welp... Not much of a preview, but the rumors held true.

Available to Purchase 10 July 2018. Revisit traditional attractions and enjoy a more classic look in your parks with the new Planet Coaster Vintage Pack. Create your own classic-style amusement parks with timeless charm, and have your guests go on a journey filled with nostalgia!

So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Purchased the Vintage Pack today. I really like it for what it is. They added some old school flats (my favorite being Rock-O-Plane!) as well as a couple new woodies, one of which being a super vintage wooden coaster train ala Coney Island Cyclone. Haven't tried out the vending machines yet.

I'm glad they're still updating this game. Hopefully in a few months we'll see even more coaster types and flat rides. They are still so many more the game could use!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am

I just downloaded Planet Coaster for the first time last night. Most of my time was spent figuring out how to move my view and to navigate; is there a quicker way to get around? If I remember correctly, you could just drag your mouse in RCT2 to pan across? Either way, it's just my start so there will be a learning curve.

Are there any suggested shortcut/tutorial videos? I mean besides the 6 or so that Planet Coaster posts themselves. I'm excited to get into this game!
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 am

JT325 wrote:I just downloaded Planet Coaster for the first time last night. Most of my time was spent figuring out how to move my view and to navigate; is there a quicker way to get around? If I remember correctly, you could just drag your mouse in RCT2 to pan across? Either way, it's just my start so there will be a learning curve.

Are there any suggested shortcut/tutorial videos? I mean besides the 6 or so that Planet Coaster posts themselves. I'm excited to get into this game!

I use W-A-S-D and clicking/scrolling on the center mouse wheel. It is definitely different than RCT3, but I've been playing exclusively PC for a few months now and it feels natural. I went back on RCT3 the other day and it drove me nuts that I couldn't navigate as well as I used to!

Also, if you press T on your keyboard, it toggles to another navigation mode when W-A-S-D will take you in the direction you're facing (like NoLimits). This mode is better for fine tuning details inside buildings and things like that.

Hope that helps.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby JT325 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am

^Thank you for the help! I figured out over the last couple days (and a sore arm!) how to navigate, but it's going to take more practice on my part.

I have a park, and it's finally turning a profit. Here are some questions I have:

1 - The only way I could turn a profit is by charging for rides AND park entrance. Is this the way to go? It would seem either entrance free/charge for rides or vice-versa?

2 - I keep giving my shop employees raises and training, but they get bored and quit. Even with a few extra vendors, there seem to be many places with no vendor... they are always in transit.

3 - I'm confused with the work rosters. It would seem this is the same as the blue highlighted squares in RCT2 (I never got into RCT3, so not sure what it looked like in there), where each employee is assigned... I started some new rosters, and drag the cursor over a large area. Is there a place to see that highlighted area? It's all a bit confusing to me.

4 - Can you change what the employees look like? The janitor looks so old and sad :/

5 - When I start the game, I get this message:
1.jpg

I click on that, then I get this message:
2.jpg

I close that, then play the game. There seems to be no purpose for this?
#CPFrontierLift2019

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby trainplane3 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm

JT325 wrote:5 - When I start the game, I get this message:
1.jpg

I click on that, then I get this message:
2.jpg

I close that, then play the game. There seems to be no purpose for this?

You need to disable the Game DVR/Game bar. It's a feature in Windows 10: https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/
I'd just disable everything under "Gaming" in W10. That should stop the pop-up.

Postby JT325 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 pm

^Hey that worked, thank you!

CLONE.jpg

I was very excited to see the vintage pack, so a tribute to the Texas/Coney Cyclone was one of my first orders! Doing some playing around, I found the friction to be a touch too high on the wooden coasters (not sure about the others). Luckily, there is a way to adjust that. My No Limits days are coming back to me... this game is like a great in-between between NL and RCT.

As a lover of truly classic coasters, it would be nice if the program offered the ability of geometry-based designs. The old school way... the way GCI does NOT approve of: "circles and lines." You know, the stuff that makes a classic coaster fun!

Going back a couple years when this was released, I'm remembering why I didn't get the game then. There was no Schwarzkopf coasters in the previews... am I still missing something? Surely they couldn't leave those out.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Coming back to the issue with getting people to ride rides, I've found a way to get a small boost of ridership (or visitation to any attraction/shop) is to set signs out and select what they're advertising. It might not be a significant boost, but it's helped with some rides I've had that had virtually no ridership.

Edit: Setting out multiple seems to boost its popularity. The more signs set to advertise the thing, the better.
20180716215616_1.jpg
20180716215723_1.jpg
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness