WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 172 . Slinky Dog Dash Complete POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:58 pm

I looked up Slinky Dog on FB just to see what people are saying, and yesterday it was a 7 hour wait at one point. That's just insane

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:47 pm

It's the new hotness with one of the most recognizable, popular I.P.s, that's just what happens. I think Canada Bill (Nrthwnd) posted a photo of Tokyo DisneySea's Toy Story Mania with a 400 (!!) minute standby time, while it absolutely sucks beyond all manner of comprehension it's not exactly unprecedented.

People (especially fans) will do anything to get the imaginary "I was first" medallion. I'll bet that some families even planned their vacation around being there at Toy Story Land's opening. I'm certainly a little disappointed that they didn't do an early passholder preview but it's really no big deal. In my opinion the people who might not get to experience the park ever are just a little bit more important than I am, considering I can go whenever I want 48 weeks out of the year...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:40 am

The swirling saucers ride looks pretty fun. It looks like a modern take on the classic whip ride but maybe not as much of the "whipping" action that you get on the whips? Has anyone been on a ride with this type of ride system that can comment on how similar the experience is to like a classic whip? Either way it still looks fun, and the themeing of it all is really impressive.

Also just a comment, but as much as Disney has pushed the next gen interactive ques in recent years I'm kind of surprised that those concepts didn't make it into Toy Story land (unless I missed it in the preview videos). Seems like a buzzer system with an indoor playground similar to Dumbo would have been perfect for Swirling Saucers, especially considering that this thing will probably have a consistent 30-45 minute wait even after the "newnes" dies off.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:The swirling saucers ride looks pretty fun. It looks like a modern take on the classic whip ride but maybe not as much of the "whipping" action that you get on the whips? Has anyone been on a ride with this type of ride system that can comment on how similar the experience is to like a classic whip? Either way it still looks fun, and the themeing of it all is really impressive.

Also just a comment, but as much as Disney has pushed the next gen interactive ques in recent years I'm kind of surprised that those concepts didn't make it into Toy Story land (unless I missed it in the preview videos). Seems like a buzzer system with an indoor playground similar to Dumbo would have been perfect for Swirling Saucers, especially considering that this thing will probably have a consistent 30-45 minute wait even after the "newnes" dies off.

It's the same as the Cars Junkyard Jamboree at DCA - just with a different theme.
It is quite an intense whip ride for Disney to be honest, nowhere near classic whips, but considering its a family/kids ride, it's pretty good, you get a pretty sharp "whip" action :)
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

New concept art has been released for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.
And after seeing it, I am convinced that this attraction will be A BIG SURPRISE among
everything that we know about (incl. Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge), opening
in the next few years. :smile:
RunawayTrain02.jpg
RunawayTrain03.jpg
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:24 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:46 pm

AdventuresinAirtime wrote:It's the same as the Cars Junkyard Jamboree at DCA - just with a different theme.

Yeah, it's interesting how often that attraction type has been used in such a short time. This will be the third one. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was the first, Woody's Roundup at Shanghai Disneyland is the second, this will be the third. If concept art is any indication, the system will be showing up at Tokyo Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Paris in a few years, making five total. It's basically the next Dumbo The Flying Elephant.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 pm

^ I agree, the recent art concept of Disney Studios Paris' future expansion shows,
they just might get a clone of the Swirling Saucers!

P.S. I do think though, that somehow, that little Cars Rally ride (I forget the French name)
opposite Crush's Coaster, was a second step (2007) in creating these new whip-like attractions.
Taking the basic carnival ride (as that is) and then expanding it into.... what they're
creating and building now.

Francis' Ladybug Boogie at DCA was the first version (2002) of this. So this should count, too.

Just a 5 cent thought, here. ;)
dlp-announcement_feb-27-2018d.jpg
dscn3327_149.jpg
Car Rally at WDS.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!